main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kevin Grant tribute thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by The_Green_Ranger, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Please place any pictures, stories, thoughts, prayers here about our good friend Kevin M. Grant aka Q_of_the_Continuum here on the boards.

I remember the first time I met Kevin, back in August 2003 when I first joined the FanForce at the Imperial Quarter Masters 2 convention. We were both a little shy around each other at first, but by the 2nd meeting, we were yacking on and on about computers and such, I believe it was at Barnes and Noble. We talked sometimes on the phone and talked about wrestling. He even came to my house for 2 wrestling events. Wrestlemania 20 in 2004 and Royal Rumble in February 2006. We chatted occasionally on AIM, and hadn't chatted in a while and he came online about a week ago and we were catching up. He said he had been using a new screen name which is why I hadn't seen him online in so long, but that he came online all the time. A couple of days later I instant messaged him and he said he couldn't talk, he was trying to get into a game. That was the last message I ever got from him, I believe it was somewhere between Friday/Sat--14/15th of July. Even though we never become really good friends before he passed away, I will miss him greatly. The meetings for FanForce Greenville will never be the same again. It's strange that the last meeting we had at Kevin H's house, we played a Star Trek movie, since ike me, he was a huge Star Trek fan. Especially the Next Generation, and even more especially Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troy). So this is for you buddy. Tell Gene Roddenberry (Star Trek creator), DeForest Kelly (Dr. McCoy), and James Doohan (Scotty) hello for me. And finally, today as my own little token, I wore my TNG communicatior badge pin to the funeral. It was for him, because as it currently says in my signature, I know he is boldly going into the final frontier.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/TheGreenRanger/kevin20g.jpg]

Please visit this thread for the announcement and a copy of his obituary as well as an online guest book.
    http://boards.theforce.net/greenville_nc/b10570/24379833/p1/?1

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I meant the weekend prior to this weekend. not the 15/16th. Sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.