main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kevin Kiner Star Wars Film?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by AmidalaLover, Oct 2, 2015.

1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Kevin Kinet has composed music for TCW, Rebels, and countless other productions. Do you think he would ever compose an Anthology film? Would you want him too?

2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015

I still wake up screaming sometimes to Kiner's funky remix of the Star Wars theme for the opening titles of the show.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    In the absence of John Williams, he's as valid choice as any other.

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think his music would be great for an anthology.

That is, if he composes music like TCW, and not Rebels, which just rehashes too many of William's themes.

5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    True, but there are tons of better valid choices in the industry. Kevin Kiner's score for The Clone Wars film isn't awful necessarily (the same can't be said for his Clone Wars and Rebels scores) but it wouldn't suffice for a big-budget live action movie (I would even argue that it didn't suffice for it's own comparatively measly context).

6. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    In this interview with ForceCast from May, Kiner said he would be interested in scoring another SW film if asked. By the way, the interview's well worth a listen, and Kiner sounds like quite a thoughtful guy.

7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    At first I didn't really like Kiner's score, but as the show progressed he was able to create truly amazing tracks with a full orchestra. Especially for the last two seasons. Amazing stuff, especially the chill-inducing Season 5 finale when Ahsoka leaves the order. Same with Rebels. He'd be a great choice to take the throne in case John Williams becomes unable to compose another SW score.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Nope

Howard Hand likes this.
  9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I do like his upbeat main theme for the Clone Wars, but the scores to the episodes are totally forgettable to me. I would want a full fledged film score composer to do one. Or my friend Wael, who is an amazing composer in Hollywood.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.