main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kevin Siminske or TSL passes away

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by ashliepink, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashliepink

ashliepink Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    I was reading the paper and I saw this. I found a local number for the family, I already called.

EDIT by Krash: While the intent was good, please don't post people's phone #s on the boards...at least without their permission. PMing it would do the job!

http://www.legacy.com/ohio/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=2505451

2. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I am glad I had a chance to know Kevin if only for a little while. The last time I visited with him he eagerly showed me all of the SW Lego sets he had constructed. His work showed a lot of patience and care. I know he would have participated in more JKOC events if his physical condition had allowed it. He never acted sorry for himself though despite all of his limitations and he showed real courage. I'm planning on attending the calling hours. Is anyone else going?

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm truly saddened to hear this. While I didn't know Kevin all that well, I wanted to get to know him better at future events. And I did notice after his reappearance how he hadn't been posting as much. I have a pretty hectic schedule with school and work now, but I'd still like to go.

R.I.P. Kevin... and may the Force be with you, always.

:_|

4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I never had the privilege of meeting him, but it's always deeply saddening to lose a fellow Star Wars fan. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. May he be at peace with the Force.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    One of the things about message boards like this is that sometimes you can get to know someone, without ever actually meeting them. When we first got the FF off the ground, I'd come across Kevin (on another board here @ TFN) and learned that he was in the Cleveland area and was around for the early days of JKOC. He "dropped off the radar" suddenly, due to what I learned later were medical reasons. So it was a real treat to finally (after 2+ years) meet him (in person) at the Timothy Zahn booksigning. I remember helping him with his wheelchair, and how he kept saying it wasn't necessary for me to do so; I kept telling him "relax, we look out for each other." Even if this was our first face-to-face meeting, it was like we were friends for years.

Despite his long absense, he was a member of this little "family" we've slowly built over the last couple years...which made the few opportunities to spend time with him in person all that more special. In the future, we should make a point to do something with those groups his mom requested...because "we look out for each other"

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I never got to meet Kevin personally, but I remember when he was the mod over at the Fan Fiction forum. He was such a nice person, and always so cheerful. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. :( :(

@};-

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    He was a nice guy. I wish I knew him better.

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I put a little tribute to him in my sig.

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Pics of Kevin at the Zahn signing.
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/Book%20Signing/IMAG0036.JPG]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/Book%20Signing/IMAG0048.JPG]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/Book%20Signing/IMAG0033.JPG]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/Book%20Signing/IMAG0041.JPG]

I meet him twice. At the Zahn signing and when we meet at the mall in Akron. He wanted to make a Stormtrooper costume but I told him a Tie Pilot would be easier and he could wear it in the wheel chair. He asked me for help building it. I said sure. I dont know if had a helmet yet or not.
    :(

10. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Anyone who wishes to can sign Kevin's online memorial book at legacy.com

11. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    i wish i had something deep and moving to say...

i don't... i'm at a loss...

his family, by blood and by bond, will be in my thoughts...

-b-

12. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I would have gone to the service tonight, had I already promised Sarah that she could come over.

Kevin will be sorely missed. I know that I did not know him very well, but I did wish to know him better than I had. I believe that he is now in a better place, where he isn't sick anymore, and he can run free.

Godspeed Kevin and May the Force forever be with you.

13. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    You know, I think one of the most tragic things for me is that I never really got a chance to know him. Met him once at the Timothy Zahn signing, but that's it.

:(

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Believe it or not, with the exception of Kim (I think)...the Zahn booksigning was the first time any of us had actually met Kevin. In some ways, I was as excited to meet Kevin (after little over 2 years) as I was about meeting Tim Zahn.

Everything went well tonight, I met Kim and skye at the funeral home...and we spent a few minutes with his mother. She wanted us to tell you she is very thankful to everyone for our support. I told her, we'd definatly do as much as possible to remember Kevin, and help those groups that were so good to him.

Case in point, Bret is going to write "Bantha Tracks" and share Kevin's story with the rest of the SW community. And there are a couple things in the works, in memory of our friend Kevin...which we'll get into at the meeting.

EDIT: BTW...Kevin was 22 years old, so that should put his birthday in 1982. (I'll explain later)

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Fanforce news

I'll post it on Midwest forums later. Brian...can we get something up on jkoc.com similar to this. I mean really, don't hesitate to go all out on it. It's the least we can do for Kevin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.