main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH KEVIN SMITH TO TALK AT UC!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Kozzai_Wasspri, Mar 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozzai_Wasspri

Kozzai_Wasspri Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    ON april 17th the legendary film maker kevin smith is going to give a lecture at UC. just an FYI

This thread has veered horribly off track...once the lecture happens, if you want to start a new thread to discuss it than by all means do so.

On a side note, items in your signature, bio, or even your username are subject to the user terms agreement you clicked yes to when you registered. If/When you're asked to change something because it's not appropriate for these forums, do so, or you will be banned. From what I've been told, you guys have worked this out amongst yourselves, which is always preferrable, this is just an FYI if something comes up like this in the future.

2. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Woah! Have you got details? Is this only open to students, or can just anyone attend? Details man! Details! [face_laugh]

3. Kozzai_Wasspri

Kozzai_Wasspri Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    IM not really sure, it could be either or. look it up on uc's website. if thieres no info yet there will be shortly...

4. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
  5. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Rockin'! I am soo there, Dude!

Lotus!

6. JULES_WINFIELD

JULES_WINFIELD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2001
    watch the language, Jules. I can and will ban you or anyone else for inappropriate language.

7. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Here's the official blurb from the UC website:

Wednesday, April 17, 8 p.m.

Kevin Smith lecture, Zimmer Auditorium. The writer and movie director will be taking questions from UC students. Doors open to UC student seating at 7 p.m. Remaining seating will open to the public 10 minutes before show time. The free lecture is sponsored by the Program Advisory Council and MainStreet.

- Of course, this sucks for non-UC students.

8. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Do you know if faculty can get in w/ the students?

9. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Jules......the first thing about Luke's sister Leia on your signature is gross!! Have some respect!

10. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I would have to agree. Just remember there are some minors here on the list! If nothing else it is disrespectful for the female members

11. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Let's not get too worked up, I'll talk to Jules, Folks.

12. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  13. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    well stated ludo! I wasn't getting worked up, I hadn't even really noticed it until Amber said something, and then now something got posted so, I was just 2nding the thought

EDIT: this is weird, the post i am replying to is now belowe my post, so, well stated Lady_Lucas

14. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    There is no getting "worked up" here! I just want to make sure that all is appropriate for the viewing of others and respectful! Au revoir! :)

15. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Okay, then, I understand.

16. JULES_WINFIELD

JULES_WINFIELD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2001
    Have some respect..are you serious? It's a joke. I like it and it stays. Does everyone agree? You do, Excellent. Thanks.

17. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    just a reminder, we are forming a community of friends, and that attitude is not how friendships are formed, please, if not respect, then at least have some courtesy for your fellow star wars fans, and friends

18. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I agree with padawan, courtesy is important!

19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Exactly, remember that this is a Star Wars Fan club gathering, and that there is young people on our boards, as well as female members, and guys like me that a not really found of that kind of "humor" if you want to call it that way. It is a very offending quote to the ladies of this board by the way.

20. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    YOU GO LUDO!! :)

YOU ROCKKKKKKKKK :)

21. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm just curious...

What does any of this have to do with Kevin Smith giving a lecture at UC? :confused:

I'd be interested in hearing about the lecture. He may let people know what else we can expect from Jay and Silent Bob. :)

22. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    i think this has all developed on this thread as to not draw any more attention to it than need be. I think the idea is to get things changed for the betterment of the group, and not to embarrass anyone or point them out or anything

23. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I agree, so just take that damn signature out of our sight!! :)

24. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    now, now, lets be civil about this...it's only a matter of time, we don't know that he has been on since his last post, so give it some time

25. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I know, I'm just being silly ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.