main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kevin Smith's Star Wars/ Tv Show Ideas/ More Films or a TV Show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Joeykin_Starrunner, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeykin_Starrunner

Joeykin_Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    As you all probably know by now, there have been rumors of Kevin Smith being involved in this Star Wars television series that's supposed to come out. My question is, would you want him to be involved? If not, then who? I personally think that Smith would be pretty cool, but I also wouldn't mind seeing JJ Abrams and Josh Whedon take a crack at the SW universe...maybe even a combo of all three! Holy crap that'd be neat =).

That said...should it be animated, live action or both (kinda mix it up, one week it's a live action entry, the other, animated)? Would you most like to see it taking place in the Sith Wars Era/leading up to the Prequels, during the Prequels, between the Prequels and the OT, or afterwards? I'd personally like to see it set in ALL of those periods, with a different episode set in a different time period each week. I would want as much variety as possible, and in doing it that way, the story potential is endless. Also, it could kinda be like the Young Indy Chronicles and touch on important moments in SW history (examples: a five part story focusing on the Sith Wars, a stand alone about Obi Wan and Qui Gonn, a two parter concerning Han Solo's re-encounter with Boba Fett). Like I said, the possibilites are endless and it sets my geek brain spinning!

That said, would you rather see more movies, or a TV series? I personally want the Saga to end after ROTS. Lucas says this will be so, but you never know. I like the idea that the movies are about the Skywalkers, and the Rise and Fall of the Empire, and making anymore movies would break the symmetry of it all...not to mention that any other storylines would be redundant, and hard to top what has already come to pass.

Those are my ten cents..gimme yours =)

There's an existing thread which has been shuffled down due to CW cartoons. :)

2. Taffin

Taffin Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't want any of those guys going near SW, especially Kevin Smith, ESPECIALLY him. Unfortunately, he's so popular among fanboys for his whole fanboy-done-good thing, but I just don't like him.

After watching Clone Wars Vol 2, I'm thinking no one but Genndy Tartakovsky should run SW, nd that inlcudes Lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.