main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Key to Episode VII - Jedi Vs Sith and the Free Pass Theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by L0RD VADER, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

Star Tours. :p

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  2. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    :( these boards have sooooo much changed in the last 15 years... I miss the days when people had fun arguing, playing with theories and ideas.... I am trying hard here to figure out why my thory is "ridiculous"... Anyway...

Why Obi Wan sacrifices himself in ANH?

3. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    Because he was defeated, he lost his lightsaber and was literally on death's bed (remember he didnt send luke out to confront Vader in ESB, that was Luke's decision). He sent Luke to fight Vader because he was a Jedi and that is what Jedis do "Sith are our speciality". Besides, Luke had, what the french call, a je ne sais quoi quality. I call it being the son of Vader thing. In the end, Luke's compassion and love saved Anakin. Luke had this, no other jedi would have that connection to Vader. That is why Luke is so essential.

we will find out in December why Luke goes into hiding, but i bet you have a theory.

If i remember correctly, the ship wasn't fighting back. I think Vader would put up a better fight than the ship.

Obi Wan was old and weak, Vader recognized this, heck, even Obi Wan knew:I need your help, Luke. She needs your help. I'm getting too old for this sort of thing.
    Sidenote: Someone else mentions this: Where did you dig up that old fossil?

Or he knew by sacrificing himself Luke would be put on the hero's journey and understand the fierce urgency of now.

Or Obi Wan outmaneuvered Maul

I would agree with you if this was mentioned in this back and forth, but it wasn't.

YODA: Destroy the Sith, we must.

OBI-WAN: Send me to kill the Emperor. I will not kill Anakin.

YODA: To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not.

The mission was to go kill the sith. Pretty simple and straightforward.

He was ready to do what he must: Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.

So, Anakin kills Palpatine to avenge the death of Obi Wan, his former master.
    Who killed Obi Wan?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.