main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Keyan Farlander, How Powerful Is He......

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Wrinty, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I really would like your opinions. But in my opinion he is very strong mangaing high level force persuasion(sp), force push, and force choke with out training....the only Jedi who have rivaled this in my opinion are Luke and Kyle.........

2. Jawas_Poodoo

Jawas_Poodoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    He only has about 100 midichlorians, i believe. That's slightly more than an average dewback lizard.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

We hardly know him from a bar of soap, if even that. Carrack's starboard side, we don't even know Kenobi's home. The Big F is small time literature publishing.

4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    You know... at times he's considered a Jedi in the NJO at others he's just a General. What gives?

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

How's that a contradiction? He was a general in Destiny's Way. Does that mean an author must bio his entire life just because his name appears onpage? We've seen Hamner's face reminded to us how long and lean each, haven't we?

6. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I think the issue is that he didn't know how the Jedi could shake their meld thing. In one of the novels. I dunno, NJO is just a blur. Of...stuff.

But Farlander had his fun in the sun shot in ANH, and a whole strategy guide clicking at his heels. Surely we can glean copious amounts of junk from that.

7. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Well, WJW didn't know Farlander was a Jedi. I remember the quote on these boards: "Farlander's a Jedi?!?"

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That must've been amusing....

:oops:

9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    My point exactly. He shouldn't have needed Jacen with the fleet to coordinate the Jedi meld because he was a Jedi himself. He's only in the NJO what? Twice? Destiny's Way and the Unifying Force right? Only the master of all things EU, James Luceno, remembered he was a Jedi from way back.

10. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Maybe he was too busy commanding his fleet against the Vong to drop by to chat with Luke about how to do this whole "Mind Meld" thing that seems to be all the rage among kids these days...

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    He was in The Final Prophecy by Keyes, too.

Though, really, is it that big a deal? Farlander was too busy commanding to organize a mind meld. Plus, who says he's any good at it? Folks tend to forget that Jedi aren't all Skywalkers that are good at anything. Corran is no good at TK; he just isn't. He makes up for it with skill at projecting images. Why can't Keyan just be weak at mental connections?

12. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    But Horn knows of TK. Did Farlander even get that far?

Bah. Who would know. He never talks anyway.

13. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [image=http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c8/HIS_POWER_LEVEL_IT%27S_OVER_NINE_THOUSAND.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.