Jedi Ki-Adi Mundi costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm curious and wanting to know if anyone's ever made a Ki-adi Mundi costume. I've searched online and found nothing, and actually it's not a hard costume so I'd assume someone's made it before. So if anyone has done this costume, or any other misc. Jedi, feel free to post links, pics, and such here.
  2. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, if you're intending this to be a miscellaneous Jedi thread, wouldn't that fall under the main Jedi costume thread? :confused: (The Complete Jedi Costume Guide)

Unless this is meant to be only a Ki-Adi Mundi thread--he hasn't had his own thread yet.
  3. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread seems a little pointless.:rolleyes:

Sometimes I think you just like to start a new thread and see how long it will last!
    :p
  4. xwingband Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, I think he likes to make "his" own threads instead of reading the established ones.
  5. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    Or maybe I'm just clueless and don't look for the official threads. Um... this could be a specific Ki-Adi Mundi thread. I was just curious, that's all. *sigh* Guess from now on I'll use the search thing before I just start something. Sorry guys.
  6. xwingband Jedi Knight

star 2
    Search function would help but why not the index? Has a nice Jedi catagory...

http://boards.theforce.net/costuming_and_props/b10019/18114736/p1/?21
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You might want to change the title of the thread if you're intending this to be a Ki-Adi Mundi thread. ;)

We have a costumer out here in Buffalo, NY who has the robes but not the head piece.

~Doc_Bev
  8. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    I PMed S_S about it because I don't know how to change it. Nice pic btw. Also I noticed someone in the background as an Anakin AOTC styled cloak... I'm going to make one of those and need some pointers. Could you ask her to give some help?
  9. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    The Jedi costume that The Jedi Assembly raffled off at CIII was of this style. Again, no mask.
    costume
  10. Robin_the_squeeker Jedi Knight

star 1
    That is a really awesome costume and idea!
  11. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool. Well, I see the title's been changed, that's good. Now, one question I have about Ki-Adi Mundi: on battlefront 2 I noticed that on both sleeves there are three lines. Now on a game you can't tell much about clothes, but are these lines cuffs, seams, etc.? Also, the tunic isn't a pure white... more of a tan. Anybody able to clarify what it is? And the tabards (or in his case more of a jacket) have a hood right?
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The costumer next to the Ki-Adi is on these boards as JediKnightLisa. You can PM her with questions about her cloak. Just mention it was what she wore to the 2004 Grape & Wine parade.

~Doc_Bev
  13. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
  14. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    What about his lightsaber?
  15. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks a lot like Aayla Secura's and Kit Fisto's sabers, but slightly different. I think it's what's called a 'clan saber', so I've heard.
  16. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is Ki Adi Mundi's lightsaber.
    [image=http://thesabervault.com/files/Mundi_side.jpg]

I think that the "clan saber" is a term that was whipped up to explain why a bunch of the prequel Jedi use the same saber. I don't know if that's an official Lucasfilm term.

-Kyle
  17. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    That does make sense. Maybe when they were being trained they were all in the same clan. I know one of the "younglings" clans is called Bear Clan.
  18. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    What about Mace's TPM saber, it looks like Maul's saber cut in half. Do you think LFL ran short on time and just took that design and stapped it to SLJ's belt? After all, he didn't do anything except sit and talk.
    "Master, we're short on time."- Obi-wan Kenobi, TPM.
  19. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Windu's TPM saber style is also used by other Jedi - most notably Luminara Unduli and Saesee Tiin. I believe that one of the Dark Horse comics tries to explain this. He also is said to have another saber (like Kit Fisto's) at one point during TPM.

My *opinion* about the re-use of these sabers in the prequels is that LFL did not put enough emphasis into the lightsaber construction in order to make the catalog of saber hilts diverse enough for each Jedi to have their own. They were probably doing fine until Episode II was in production - at which point, I would imagine that someone decided:
    A. no one would notice the changes (and/or)
    B. it wasn't worth the time and effort to make individual hilts for each Jedi.

-Kyle
  20. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    Most likely, I mean there were like over a hundred Jedi in the Arena battle. That'd take a lot of time and effort. Also pretty hard on the brain to come up with that many designs!:oops:
  21. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, all they have to do is get copies of one saber and then give some Star Warsy type reason for it. But if I was one of the actors there, I would make my own.
  22. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    If you'd been an actor in AoTC (you'd have been way too young to play a Jedi back then, of course :p ), I doubt that you'd have been allowed to make your own saber.

I know what you mean though. I wouldn't want a lightsaber that looked like everyone else's, either.
    ;)
  23. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I'd be too young, but a teen can dream can't he?:D
  24. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't that one of the things they do best?

Cuz they like sleeping till noon. :p

I did it, too.
    ;)
  25. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    I try not to sleep that long cause I don't like to waste the day. (unless it's a school day of course:p )
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.