main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Kidnapped by Darkness. Obi, Qui, Xanatos,Sequel(Lost & Found) COMPLETED Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title:Kidnapped by Darkness.
    (A Sequel to LOST and FOUND)Lost and Found

Author: GKilkenny
    Timeframe:AU Obi is Ten/twelve on the verge of becoming a Padawan
    Characters:Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Xanatos. and others
    Genre: PG
    Keywords:Obi Angst- Dark side, Xanatos, kidnapping, and comfort.

Summary: This is a sequel to my first ever story written.
    Obi has been brought back to the Temple after being left alone on a planet for five years, Xanatos is in prison for trying to kill him. kidnapping, obi/angst and the dark side all make an appearance in this story......

~~~~

Ten year old Obi-Wan Kenobi stood at the top of the shuttle ramp surveying the tall spires of the Temple.
    His heart was thumping, he was so nervous, that he didn?t sense Qui-Gon come up behind him and rest his hands on his shoulders.

The weight on his shoulders made him jump. ?Steady now Obi-Wan, do not be afraid, this is your home, this is where you belong.
    This is the Jedi Temple.
    ?Come walk with me? Qui motioned for the boy to walk down the ramp.Followed by Yoda and Mace.
    Once they stepped off the ramp onto the landing bay, Obi took a deep breath and slowly let it out, with a shudder.

Either side of the bay were streams and streams of air traffic. Many craft of different sizes screamed past.

?I don?t remember this place, it is very noisy. Where are all those space ships going and why are they in such a hurry.? he asked.
    Obi ?wan had not seen lanes of traffic flying past before, it seemed to him that they were flying in all directions at once.

?What if they crash into each other?? Obi asked as he turned his head to the others.
    ?Alarmed do not be, good pilots are most. Not often do they crash? Yoda explained.

Obi nodded then started to walk towards the railing, but stopped suddenly when in the distance he could see a very large dome
    shaped building.

?What is that?? he asked pointing.

?That is the Senate Building, Senators from all over the galaxy meet there and discuss new laws, and problems throughout the republic are solved there.? Mace answered as he stepped alongside him.

?When you start studying subjects like Protocol, Galactic History and Diplomacy you will spend time in the Senate building, listening in on local sessions, It will be part of your training.? Mace added.

?Then I do not want to learn about those things? Obi said as he backed into Qui-Gon.
    His breathing had become quicker and he was taking in air in short gasps.

They sensed a disturbance, caused by agitated feelings radiating from Obi-Wan.
    Qui-Gon turned the boy to face him. ?What is wrong Obi-Wan??
    Qui had hold of his shoulders but Obi-Wan strained his head round to look back at the building.
    ?I d-on?t want to go there. Not s-afe to go there? he stuttered.

The words spoken brought Qui-Gon?s memories flooding back to him of another time and place when this child had said those same words.

( It was when Xanatos had picked Obi-Wan up and taken him up to the plateau and then thrown him off into the river.
    He remembered vividly what the child had said. .( ?don?t want to go Not safe to Go?)

Qui-Gon remembered the promise he had made to the boy only a few days ago.

(?I am so sorry that I didn?t listen to you, all those years ago. I promise that from now on I will always listen to you.)
    It was still fresh in his mind.

?Then you do not have to go there, Ok Obi? he said smiling down at the child.
    ?You promise?? He asked full of hope.

?Yes I promise I gave you my word that I would listen to you and my word is my bond".Qui-Gon said.

? Into the Temple go we should. Council meeting to attend Settle Obi-Wan in your Quarters Qui-Gon Then to the Chambers come you will? Yoda stated??..

In the distance in one of the offices of the Senate building set aside for Senators, stood one such man staring out towards the Temple.
    His hands gripping the brass railings in front o

2. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Cool start! It's an interesting idea, and I like how all three Jedi Masters are taking a hand with helping Obi-Wan adjust to Temple life. I'm sure it will be difficult, but he'll have lots of help. The part with him falling asleep was kind of sweet. [face_love] I like Qui-Gon this way, concerned and careful. Those bullies deserved their fright.

3. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    =D= I really really like this! =D=
    More please.
    May the force be with you and may fate be kind to you.[face_peace]

4. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    It's really good so far. Can't wait for more. Qui seems nicer in this one but I always say that and I'm wrong. SO I'll just see what happens. lol.
    Rachel

5. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Hey GK this is good. I see Qui-Gon is much nicer in this story, please keep him that way! I don't want to hurt him. I will look foward fo more soon! :D

6. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Wow, I havn't been on line in a few weeks, SO it is nice to have this be one of the first things I see.:D

7. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    In the distance in one of the offices of the Senate building set aside for Senators, stood one such man staring out towards the Temple.
    His hands gripping the brass railings in front of him, He had sensed it. It made his blood boil.

His thoughts whipped around wildly. ?It couldn?t be? he whispered to himself, Concealing his boiling anger under a calm façade?....

I've got a bad feeling about this... It's Sidious, in his guise of Palpatine, sensing Ob-Wan! [face_worried]

It just might take all three Masters to protect him! ;)

I can't wait for more of this great sequel! :D

Thanks for the PM, GK! [:D]

Star

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Woohoo! You started it! [face_dancing] I'm so excited!

And I must say your story is off to an awesome start! :D And it's great that it started practically right where the other one left off. [face_love]

Good to see Qui listening to Obi about his bad feeling with the senate building, but now Palpy (I'm assuming that was him) knows he's still alive, eeeee! [face_worried]

I was sad to see they were right, and Obi became the target of bullies. :( But that was funny how Obi scared the bullies without even meaning too. Heh heh. And that was cute how Obi feel asleep on Qui while trying to meditate. Awwww! [face_love]

And that conversation between Mace and Qui was funny. ?What do you mean you can see him? ?You don?t have visions?? How can you be so calm Qui?, ?Will you just come? and hurry up about it!.? Mace was getting frustrated. Poor Mace! :D

I also love how Qui, Mace, and Yoda are taking turns taking care of Obi, and how they're all so determined to see Obi become a Padawan. [face_love]

But now I'm worried, because Obi is going to be kidnapped sometime soon, noooooo!! :_| The poor boy is having enough trouble adjusting as it is! And Xanatos is insane, aaahhhh!

Ah well, I'm very much looking forward to more! :D

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice work! =D= Nice to see a sequel up and running! :D

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

maychorian Thanks I thought it was about time
    I gave Qui-Gon a bit of peace, and give him a fatherly
    roll.
    Yep deep down Qui-Gon is just a softy:*

kenobiwanobi Thank you I will try and keep
    the posts regular[:D]

AriaJediKnight You are right this time Qui
    is nice ;)

LilQui-Gon I will keep him nice for this story
    Obi needs someone nice to look after him, so you can
    put away all thoughts of hurting him.[:D]

jodiwent Thanks I hope you like it.[:D]

Star_Drifter Thanks
    yes Palpy has made an appearance, we cannot have a
    sweet Qui[face_love]
    without an evil Palpy.[face_devil]

Bastet Thanks
    I tried to put a bit of humour in now because there is
    a bit of angst coming.:D

VaderLVR64 Thanks I always intended to write a sequel
    but it took a while.:D

11. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    great job gkilkenny!=D=
    it's nice to see qui gon so supportive of obi from the beginning in this! and obi has mace and yoda to look out for him too! :cool:
    i LOVED the frantic mace on the comm with qui about obi supposedly drowning! in fact, i loved the whole thing!
    good to see you start another story so quickly! you keep writing and i'll keep reading!

12. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ooh, yay sequel! Love seeing Qui so fatherly with Obi. I like how Yoda and Mace are so determined to see Obi become a padawan and Jedi. Spooky that the Sith, probably Palpatine, can sense that Obi is back. I'm happy that Obi can sense the danger though. Loved the scare Obi gave those bullied, served them right. :D

Great start! Thanks for the pm. :)

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Obi-Wan - taunted by the evil bullies right off the bat.

I'm sure with the 3 Jedi Masters looking after him, he will adjust just fine.

Very nice beginning

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    Well I'm intrigued! This is really good!

I love how Obi-Wan disappeared from sight and wound up falling asleep while meditating. [face_love]

I shall definately look forward to your next post. Do you have a PM list? If so, can you add me to it?[face_praying]

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obi_webb Thank you, your so kind[:D]
    It's nice to have a bit of humour[face_laugh]

Jedi_Tigris Yep finally got around to a sequel:)
    scaring bullies always seems to put
    them in their place[face_devil]

KELIA Thanks, Yep gotta have some bullies
    in the story[face_beatup]

Sionnach-Airgid Thank you I'm glad your enjoying it.
    I will certainly let you know when I post:)

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

After a long year, Obi-Wan eventually caught up to his age mates in most areas.
    He had re-made a few close friends, Bant, Garen, and Siri.

He had known them before, but five years is a long time to a crèche ling, and they had forgotten him, but he had not forgotten them.
    Sometimes when he was alone at night in his cave back on the planet Rayma, he would think of his friends, so he wouldn?t get lonely.

After a while they became very close again and when Qui-Gon and Mace were off planet for a week, Obi had asked Yoda if he could stay in the Dormitory with his friends.

Yoda was happy about this decision as it showed that the boy was finally feeling secure in his place at the Temple.

Over the next months as the trials were getting closer, Obi-Wan stayed more and more in the dormitories with his friends.

Soon Obi-wan hardly ever saw Qui-Gon and Mace, it seemed that there was an important on-going mission that kept Qui-Gon and Mace tripping around the galaxy for months at a time.

Obi-wan had asked Master Yoda what the mission was about, but never got a straight answer.

?When become a Padawan you do, understand about these things you will.
    Not the time for you to worry about.? Yoda would say.

Obi-wan knew he shouldn?t ask about Master Jinn and Master Windu?s mission, but he had felt the unsettled feelings, coming from both Masters.

The last time they left Corusant and had said goodbye to him, it was if they were afraid for him, and were going to do something to keep him safe.

Master Yoda was right, he didn?t understand, so he would do as Yoda said and not worry.

A week later the two Masters returned, safe and sound.
    They even brought Obi a present.
    It was a small leather pouch that could be attached inside a Jedi tunic. It was a credit pouch to keep small amounts of credits in.
    On the top flap of the pouch the letters OWK were stitched in black leather on the light brown pouch.

Obi-wan was so surprised and happy about the present he didn?t notice the worried looks on their faces.
    Several more weeks flew past and Obi-wan had settled into the last term of his training.

Qui-Gon was looking for Obi-Wan to say good bye as he was heading out on another mission and wanted to see Obi before he left.

He opened himself to the force and honed into Obi?s signature.
    He and his friends were in the Room of a thousand fountains.

As he approached the large pond he could hear the laughter of the four friends.
    Garen was being tossed into the pond and was protesting at his treatment although Qui-Gon chuckled to himself.

If Garen stopped laughing maybe his protests wouldn?t be ignored.

?That?s not fair three against one? Garen cried out once he emerged from the water.
    Siri pulled a face at him ?Oh poor baby is you all wet? then she screamed light heartedly when from behind Obi-wan had picked her up and with a war cry jumped in the pond with Siri wrapped around his neck.

Bant wasted no time in jumping in bombing them all.
    By the time Qui-Gon had reached them they were all splashing each other.

?Excuse me young ones? he yelled over the laughter.
    They all turned at the voice. ?Master Jinn? they said.
    Quickly they climbed out of the pond bowing a greeting to him.

?I hate to spoil your fun, but I wish to speak to Obi-wan for a moment? He said as he motioned for the lad to come with him.

?Obi-wan, I have been called away on a mission I am leaving soon, my transport will arrive within the hour.?
    The boys face went from a bright laughing expression to sadness in one instant.
    ?How long will you be gone Master?

Only two weeks I believe It is a relatively simple mission but it is in the outer regions of the republic. The trip there and back will be the toughest.? He answered the boy who had a distraught look on his face.

?Master Nothing can go wrong can it?" Obi asked.
    ?Do not worry so young one, I have been on many missions, and I do not anticipate any problems on this one, and besides Master Windu is accompanying me.
    You know he will look out for me.?

17. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    oh no, this master jason sounds like he's up to no good!
    great update! poor obi being worried when qui was off on missions.. and then i really liked obi's personalized credit pouch!
    it will be quite interesting to see how the rivalry between malak and obi develops, especially with master jason thrown into it too!
    =D=
    fantastic job, as usual!

18. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm happy to see Obi settling back into life at the Temple. :) I'm worried about his dreams though, they look like true Force dreams. And Master Jason is not really like a Jedi Master. [face_worried] I wonder what he's up to, with Malak and Obi.

Thanks for the pm. Can't wait to see what happens next!

19. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    :eek: Oh no! I don't think Master Jason's plans for Obi to be comfortable around Malak (sp?) will result in anything happy for Obi! [face_worried]

And all these special missions for Qui and Mace . . . could they be trying to find that evil presence from the Senate? [face_thinking]

And Obi's dreaming of not taking the Padawan trials? :eek: With his gift for visions in the unifying force, that has me very worried. [face_worried] The conversation with Qui about being there for the trials has me wondering if that's a bit of foreshadowing of trouble to come?

Thanks for the pm! :)

Btw, sorry about the problem with my user name. When I first signed up, they sent me two accounts. I'm not sure how to get rid of the second and I'm afraid to lose this one. Have to check with the admins. . . .

20. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Well, Master Jason creeps me out, too. At least he saw that Obi-Wan wasn't to blame, but I'm not sure I want him to be anyone's master.

And I hope Qui-Gon and Mace will return quickly, and Obi-Wan will pass the trials . . . but I strongly suspect that something is going to happen before that. :(

Keep it coming!

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hmmm... interesting. What is that Master Jason person up to, I wonder? :confused: If it's something bad, Obi will see right through it, heh!

And what have Qui and Mace been doing all this time? [face_thinking] That credit pouch is an interesting gift, I guess they're thinking it's going to come in handy sometime soon. Like...if Obi gets kidnapped and needs credits hidden away so he can make good his escape! [face_worried]

I'm glad that Obi has caught up to his age-mates now, and that he's got all his good friends back. [face_love] But why is he having dreams that he won't be taking the Padawan trials?! I wonder if Master Jason has something to do with that. Aahh, hurry home Qui-Gon! [face_worried]

Can't wait for more, Gkilkenny! :D

22. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Wow, you are such an excellent writer. All your stories completely blow me away (thank you for the PM on this one, so glad to be reading it [:D] [:D]).

I wonder why Obi is having dreams that he's not taking the jedi trials??? Ooh, what is going on?? I hope it turns out alright for Obi! :(

So he studied constantly moving between Qui-Gon?s apartment, Maces place and Yoda?s.
    It was like having three Fathers.
    Each one cared for him in different ways, but with a common factor, each one felt the importance of him being trained.

Aww, he's catching up (Obi is a very determined guy :D). I love the above paragraph, it awesome for Obi to have three different "fathers" who care for him so much.

I hope Qui gets home soon though! Again, great fic!!! Can't wait for more :D

23. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The last time they left Corusant and had said goodbye to him, it was if they were afraid for him, and were going to do something to keep him safe.

Master Yoda was right, he didn?t understand, so he would do as Yoda said and not worry.

;) Me, I'd worry! [face_worried]

Master Jason chuckled, as he watched the retreating forms of Malak and Paulo.

He mused to himself (I better go find Obi-wan and convince him of my ruse, I want Kenobi to feel comfortable around Malak.)
    Jason snickered (I have a plan for that boy Malak, he will suit my needs just fine.)

[face_thinking] Whose side is Master Jason really on? And why does he want Obi-Wan to feel comfortable around Malak?

What an interesting update, GK! Your stories always have these intriguing layers to sort out! =D=

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

obi_webb I'm not sure what I am going to do with
    Master Jason or Malak
    But Obi now theres another story.[face_devil]

Jedi_Tigris
    I wonder what he's up to, with Malak and Obi.
    I might have to keep you guessing:D

Sionnach-Airgid
    I wondered if anyone would ask about Qui's
    missions:D

maychorian
    Well, Master Jason creeps me out, too. [face_thinking]

Your intuition serves you well!:D

Bastet
    The credit pouch ? if Obi gets kidnapped and needs credits hidden away so he can make good his escape
    Now thats a good idea [face_whistling]

lost_jedii
    I wonder why Obi is having dreams that he's not taking the jedi trials???

Ummm I wonder![face_thinking]

Star_Drifter
    Whose side is Master Jason really on?

Whose side would you like him on? [face_devil]

Me, I'd worry! Yes there could be quite
    a bit of that[face_worried]

Thanks everyone@};-

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Obi-wan arrived back at the dormitory, he was unsettled,
    he hadn?t done anything to Malak, yet he had got the blame.

?What should I do. I didn?t do anything wrong, why doesn?t Master Jason believe me?Obi thought, he was confused and upset.
    So much so that he wasn?t concentrating and crashed into a younger initiate who was running around the corner.

Obi-wan knew if he had been concentrating he would have sensed the little girl before they crashed.
    She bounced off him, hitting the wall with a sickening thud.
    She slid down the wall, Obi stared in disbelief, as she slid to the floor she left a trail of blood down the wall.

She had cracked her head open!.

Obi cried out for help, but no one heard him so he picked up the small girl gently, and raced down the hall to the Healers office.

Bursting through the door, he saw Master Tsna?ah the healer.
    ?Master please help her, she hit her head, she?s bleeding I?m sorry I didn?t see her, it is all my fault Please? will she be alright ? He stammered.
    The healer rushed over and took her from the now shaking Obi-wan.

Tsna?ah called for another healer to come and help him.
    They quickly checked the child over and took her into the other room.

?Wait here Obi-wan I will be back as soon as I can, to talk to you.?
    The boy nodded absently, he had no where to go, he wouldn?t leave until he knew if the little girl would be alright.
    He sat in the waiting room, going over the last few hours in his head.
    Everything was going wrong, he had been accused of hurting another initiate, but he hadn?t done anything.

But he had hurt the little girl.

It was unintentional but it made him think of a lesson he had learnt, one in particular it was: ?Your focus determines your reality,If your concentration waivers when you should be focused on your surroundings. You or someone around you may suffer for your lapse .
    This lesson emblazoned itself fully in Obi?s mind.

He had not been concentrating and now a small child was suffering because of him.
    Sitting there waiting for the Healer to come back, he realised he missed Qui-Gon terribly.

Over the last six months he had hardly seen him, just a few fleeting visits and a couple of meals together.

He wondered what was so important that he and Master Windu were always going off planet.
    No one ever spoke about their missions.

Now that Obi thought about it, it was strange because usually most missions after they were completed, were common topics of conversation around the dinning hall.

The longer he sat there the worse his emotions became.
    He had always been a good student.

He couldn?t remember ever hurting anyone before, he tried to calm himself making him self believe this was all a mistake.
    He could see the Healer walking towards him, he had blood on his tunic, (The little girls blood what if she is dead) the thought raced through his mind.

Obi could see the Master Healers face change to panic, Obi didn?t register that it was because of him that the Healer was now running towards him.
    He thought he was going to get into more trouble.
    Obi tried to get up but found he was weak in the knees and started to collapse, he couldn?t breath he had started to hyperventilate, and before he realised it, he was being picked up by the Healer, that was his last thought.

?What happened? said the Healer?s assistant as he helped Master Tsna?ah pick the unconscious boy up off the floor.
    ?He was going into shock, I should have made sure he was alright.
    He didn?t look very good when he brought lily-ahar in?. Tsna?ah said.

?He must think it is his fault that she split her head open? he added.

?Oh poor boy of course, he wouldn?t know that she had already hurt herself yesterday.
    What was she doing out in the corridor anyway, I thought she was still in her bed.
    Another Healer spoke up and said. ?She wanted to go back to her friends, I told her that she would have to stay in the healers ward until the gash in her head healed. She must have run away.?

?I will contact Qui-Gon? the a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.