main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Kidnapped by Darkness. Obi, Qui, Xanatos,Sequel(Lost & Found) COMPLETED Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Akk what a place to leave it!

Yes I do like this story :D No I do not like Jason [face_frustrated]

2. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    wow, i am consistanly suprised (though i shouldn't be because i should be used to it from you by now) how great a job you do making a reader care about your characters and how well you can make a reader feel so symapathtic toward them!
    i felt so bad when obi was all flustered about malak and he ran into that poor little girl.. i'm glad that her being hurt wasn't his fault though.. obi sounds like he's going to have enough to worry about with JASON around...
    i don't trust him at all!!
    another fantastic update!=D=

3. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Great chapter! Poor Obi-Wan, being so worried for that little girl and feeling so guilty. I'm glad the others were able to persuade him that he wasn't to blame. Master Jason still creeps me out, and it appears that no one else sees anything wrong with him. :( Not good.

But Qui-Gon is coming back! Yay!

4. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh poor Obi-Wan, always worried it was his fault. I'm glad they were able to assure him it wasn't his fault. I'm still suspicious of Master Jason though, especially since no one senses anything about him. I wonder what Qui and Mace's missions are for, who they're looking for. And Yoda's visions are worrying. [face_worried]

Nice job as always!

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh dear, poor Obi-Wan! :( I felt so bad for him when he thought that little girl getting hurt was his fault, and it made him panic so badly. :( I'm really glad Yoda and the healer were able to reassure him. [face_love] That Jason dude, though, I'm still not sure what he's up to. [face_frustrated]

So have Mace and Qui-Gon been out all this time looking for Xanatos? Did he escape from the mental asylum? Not good! [face_worried]

Can't wait for more, Gkilkenny, I love this story! :D

6. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Whose side is Master Jason really on?

Whose side would you like him on?

Do you really need to ask, GK? ;)

The vision took on massive proportions, evil was screaming, and the wind came down like a torrent, in the shape of Xanatos and scooped the boy up, the screaming reached a high pitch, and then silence.)
    The vision ended, but not before the scene cleared and left the spire empty, the dark clouds disappeared, and so had Obi-wan.

But, even if he isn't on the "right" side, apparently someone else is, and has wonderful plans for Obi-Wan! :D

[face_laugh]

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

7. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    :eek: Master Yoda's vision just cannot come true! Poor Obi! What a cliffhanger! I was worried before, but now I think I'm becoming frantic![face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Qui and Mace had better get back to the temple soon before something really bad happens to Obi! [face_worried] Please let them get back in time.[face_praying]

I'm so glad Obi found out that he wasn't really in trouble and that the little girl's head trauma wasn't his fault! [face_love]

Thanks for the pm and great post!

*Wanders off to find backup lightsaber. * Just in case . . .[face_whistling]

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

jodiwent "I know I am evil"[face_devil]

but I just love cliff hangers [face_laugh]

obi_webb thank you

Obi-wan has a lot to worry about but I guess you already
    know that because I love writing angst.:D

maychorian Yes Qui-Gon is coming back

Jedi_Tigris Any vision Yoda has is
    always a worry[face_worried]

BastetYep it does appear that Xanatos has done something.[face_thinking]

Star_Drifter Yep I know whos side he's on but I'm not telling.:D

Sionnach-Airgid Master Yoda never reveals everything
    he knows..:eek:

Thanks everyone sorry for the short responses but I am
    just a tad busy.
    I thought you all would prefer
    more story instead.
    @};-

So because of Yoda?s visions, Qui-Gon decided to go to the asylum were Xanatos was interned, to make sure he was still
    securely locked away, Mace Windu went with him.
    When they had arrived, they were greeted by the Doctor and the personal Nurse, that had been assigned to look after Xanatos.
    In the years Xanatos had been confined to this place he had never once given them any trouble.
    The first few years of his confinement he never spoke just rocked back and forth in his padded
    room.

Eventually he had regained some sanity, after he remembered what he had done to Obi-wan on the plane Rayma.
    He had appeared to be remorseful and had wanted to apologies to the Jedi for the terrible thing he had done.

Some how Xanatos had found out that Obi-wan was alive, and had been rescued from the planet.
    Xanatos had asked that Qui-Gon come to see him, he wouldn?t say why, and got quite annoyed when the Doctor told him that Qui-Gon didn?t want to see him?.

?Master Jinn? Hello I am Doctor Walmer and this is Nurse Si-kar, It is good to finally meet you in person.

I am sorry that you had to come under such circumstances.
    ?Hello Doctor Walmer, Nurse Sikar,? This is Master Mace Windu?.
    ?We were on our way here to see Xanatos when you contacted us, Something about Xanatos you said, it sounded urgent when you spoke to me.
    ?Please come to my office, and then I will explain.

They sat down sensing the turmoil rolling off the Doctor.
    ?I will get straight to the problem? ?Xanatos has disappeared.? The Doctor said quickly.

Qui-Gon rose to his feet ?What How, when did this happen.?

?Please let me explain?, the Doctor said
    Qui-Gon sat down and glanced over to Mace whose face had a look of anger on it.

First let me tell you we know he has disappeared, but we are not exactly certain he has left the planet, but he is no longer in the facility.

?What makes you think he hasn?t left the planet, If you cannot find him? Mace asked.

?Well for the last two years he has been a changed man, gone was the paranoia and obsession he seemed to have about what he did in the past.
    He began to study and he helped out in the garden, he started meditating and over the last year he had an air of serenity about him.

?Xanatos became a trusted patient, he never put a foot out of place and he spent his free time
    helping those that couldn?t help themselves.?

?Trusted ? Qui-Gon spat out. ?You do know what he did don?t you?
    ?Yes ? the Doctor answered. ?I know that he threw a five year old child off the plateau into the river and the child was presumed dead for five years.

?But I also know that when he found out the boy was alive it changed him, it was like he had been given a second chance.? Walmer said.

?Yes a second chance to kill Obi-wan again, knowing he failed the first time!? Mace said furiously, sensing that the Doctor seemed to have some compassion for Xanatos.

?I do not mean that? said the Doctor, it was like the weight of the galaxy was lifted off his shoulders.
    He returned to his meditations of the Jedi, he regained the serenity and calm demeanour, that most Jedi seem to possess.
    Gone was the broken shell that arrived here all those years ago.
    We had many talks about what he did and he believes he was coerced by some on

9. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Wonderful update, Gkilkenny! :D

So Xanatos did escape, argh!! :mad:

?But I also know that when he found out the boy was alive it changed him, it was like he had been given a second chance.? Walmer said.

?Yes a second chance to kill Obi-wan again, knowing he failed the first time!? Mace said furiously, sensing that the Doctor seemed to have some compassion for Xanatos.
    Heh, you tell him, Mace! [face_frustrated]

I'm glad that Qui-Gon is back, poor Obi needs some stability, like Yoda said. But I guess Obi is still gonna get kidnapped, isn't he? [face_worried]

I am stronger than those pathetic Jedi, and I will get what I want, and I want Obi-wan Kenobi?.. [face_worried] Agh, nooooo! You stay away from our baby, you evil, evil man! :mad:

Can't wait for more! :D

10. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Good to see Qui-Gon back, and so concerned with protecting his future Padawan. [:D]

But ack! I think we know who that senator is! :::sets up perimeter around the Temple and begins patrolling with a lightsaber::: I don't think so, Palpy!

11. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Uh oh, so Xanatos did escape! [face_worried] But is he going after Obi-Wan or turning on this senator? I have a bad feeling he'll be going after Obi.

Aww, I love how Obi has grown so close to Qui, Mace, and Yoda. And he does need some stability, it's been so unsettling for him.

If this senator is who I think he is...he better stay away from Obi! :mad: Or else [face_beatup]

12. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    great update, as usual! i loved how you revealed what qui has been doing for the past 6 months.. the talk with the doctor was wonderful and just added more layers of mystery to this fantastic story..
    and the bit with the senator at the end... it's good some of my fellow readers seem ready to defend poor obi because i'm pretty sure he's going to need all the help he can get!
    =D= look forward to more soon!

13. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    The red robed man had insisted that he wanted the boy alive, but no that stupid Jedi had to throw him off the cliff.
    Now that the Jedi have found the boy they protect him constantly.
    That old troll senses I am after the boy, but lucky for me he doesn?t know who I am.

I am stronger than those pathetic Jedi, and I will get what I want, and I want Obi-wan Kenobi?.. .

:D Mwah ha ha! Me, too! ;)

So, Sidious has plans for the boy...[face_thinking]

College, a bright future? [face_idea]

I don't think so! [face_mischief]

More, please! [face_batting]

Star

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Bastet So Xanatos did escape, argh!!

Yes he did! [face_skull]
    But I guess Obi is still gonna get kidnapped, isn't he?

Ummm I guess so ! [face_whistling] Thats the name of the story!
    Agh, nooooo! You stay away from our baby, you evil, evil man!
    We can only hope.![face_whistling]

maychorian Yes it is good to have Qui back

But ack! I think we know who that senator is!

Yes he is the only evil Senator I know[face_worried]

Jedi_Tigris Aww, I love how Obi has grown so close to Qui, Mace, and Yoda.[face_love]
    The calm before the storm, a bit of mush to sustain us.

obi_webb Thank you
    I know your fellow readers are right Obi will need defending
    from evil.
    But where is it coming from:D

Star_Drifter I thought you would like that bit

I am stronger than those pathetic Jedi, and I will get what I want, and I want Obi-wan Kenobi?.. . [face_skull]

College, a bright future? Yeah right!!![face_beatup]

Your wish is my command, More coming[face_dancing]

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Senator Palpatine, was overseeing the Diplomatic study session, and had invited the Jedi to send a group of initiates, to sit in on the session.

He had offered this visit to the Temple, as he believed It would give the young ones an insight into what goes on in
    the Senate, and how decisions to benefit the Republic are
    made in these great halls.

That was the message sent to the Temple, and the head Diplomacy teacher Master G-inth, was absolutely thrilled to accept the offer.

Obi-wan was in his class, and as the whole class was invited, Obi-wan had been reluctant to refuse.

He wasn?t that timid child that had come back to Corruscant, two years ago, he was a confident young man, who didn?t want to be afraid of a Senate building.

He liked Master G-inth, and Qui-Gon had promised that he would come to the Senate building as a chaperone.

The day arrived and Qui-Gon could sense the apprehension
    Obi-wan displayed.
    ?Obi-wan are you sure you want to be included in this excursion, I can tell Master G-linth that you do not want to go?? he asked.

?No Master Qui-Gon, I have to overcome my fears, I am not a baby, and besides if I can survive being thrown of a cliff and living alone for five years, surely I can spend two hours with my class mates and ?you? in the Senate building.
    Obi-wan said emphasizing ?you?

Qui-Gon smiled. His Obi-wan was still a little boy, trying to be a brave twelve year old.

?Very well then, but make sure you have your comm. unit in your pouch, just in case we get separated.? he said handing Obi the unit.
    Obi-wan lifted his outer tunic up and opened his inner tunic to reveal the leather pouch that Qui-Gon had given him, stapped on the inside of his tunic, he placed the small communications device in it and closed the pouch.

They headed down to the shuttle, all the students were ready, Mace was waiting for Qui-Gon.

?Go and join your class mates Obi I will be there momentarily? he said nodding to Obi who ran off to join his friends.

?Qui-Gon are you sure this is a good idea, you know how he felt about the Senate building a couple of years ago, what if something happens, what if Xanatos is here." Mace questioned him.

?I know, ?I know? Mace but we cannot coddle him and keep him from doing the things that the other initiates do, otherwise he will be ostracised and ridiculed."

?We perhaps are being too cautious, I do not sense Xanatos on the planet and I sense no danger from the Senate building."

?Yes you are right I sense nothing either, but make sure you stay with him at all times?
    ?Have you given him a comm. unit just in case?? Mace asked.

Qui-Gon smiled and placed his hand on Mace?s shoulder. ?Yes Mace it is done?

The children were so excited walking through the Senate halls, statues of past Senators lined the halls.

It was an immensely large building, with many offices and a cafeteria, a restaurant, small meeting rooms, and the great Senate hall that could seat a thousand Senators.

The elevators only held ten people at one time that?s why the students were split into three groups with three teachers and three chaperones.

Qui-Gon and Master Gl-inth took the group with Obi-wan, Bant and Garen in, they went to the top of the building where they met Senator Bail Organa.

?Welcome young ones, welcome to the top floor of the Senate building, up here is where the map rooms are, there are seven rooms with information on each planet in the Republic."
    "As there are many Planets the information stored is quite extensive, hence all the rooms.? He said.

They began to explore, the children were amazed that there were so many planets in the galaxy.
    As they began the trip down to the next level, Bant
    asked ?When is the Diplomatic study session
    to begin??
    The Senator smiled and said. ?Well young lady not for an hour or so? ?Are you interested in that course?? he asked.

Bant smiled. ?Oh yes I am very interested in relationships between nations.? The other initiates all groaned, and made faces.

Most just wanted to come and explore th

16. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Aaarrgghhh, nooooo!! Obi-Wan! :_| What did they do to him?!

Qui-Gon should have been paying better attention! :mad:

And I feel bad for Bant and Garen getting hurt like that, I hope they'll be okay. :(

And Qui-Gon had better not rest until he gets Obi-Wan back! :mad:

More soon, Gkilkenny, please! [face_praying]

17. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    The camera?s showed two black clad beings one had Obi-wan slumped over his shoulder, and the other was carrying a struggling Bant.
    Until they came to the room, inside they watched on the recording the first hooded man lay Obi-wan on the table and inject something into the unconscious boy, while he was doing that the other shot darts into Bant.
    She collapsed on the floor and then he beat her, throwing her in the corner, and then he opened the secret door.

The hooded man picked up Obi-wan slinging him over his shoulder and they disappeared through the door.

Is it just me, or does Obi-Wan seem to get carried away a lot? [face_mischief]

[face_skull] Mwah ha ha!

Will Qui-Gon be able to save Obi-Wan from the Sith? [face_thinking]

Not for a while, or we won't have any fun! ;)

Great update, GK! I love friendly Senator Palpatine sending out the invitation to tour the Senate! :D

Of course, he had the best of intentions, FOR HIMSELF! [face_laugh]

Star

18. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wonderful=D= !!!!!!More soon please.

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Bastet Evil lurks in every corner[face_devil]

But Qui-Gon will never rest until he finds Obi.:D

Star_Drifter
    Is it just me, or does Obi-Wan seem to get carried away a lot?

No it not just you, but it is a shame it isn't us doing the carrying away8-} [face_laugh]

Will Qui-Gon be able to save Obi-Wan from the Sith?
    Not for a while, or we won't have any fun!

Yeah we need a bit of fun with Obi before we rescue him

Ummmm I'm starting to sound like a Sith [face_shame_on_you]

kenobiwanobi Thanks. Big cliffe coming[face_whistling]

Thank you every one for the nominations I am honoured.
    :D @};- [face_love]

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

?Back to the Temple we must go? stated Yoda ?Find nothing more here we will?
    Qui-Gon wanted to object but realised Yoda was right. He nodded in acceptance and they left the Senate building.

The Jedi Council called an emergency session to discuss the kidnapping.
    ?Xanatos I tell you, it was Xanatos? Qui-Gon almost yelled.
    ?He must have done it, he has been missing from the institution for over six months now, planning his attack? Mace added.
    ?Do you sense him Qui-Gon? asked Master Gallia. ?Do you sense Xanatos?
    ?No I haven?t sensed him at all? he said sadly.
    ?But gifted Jedi he was, been studying and may have been able to cloak his presence? Yoda stated much to the surprise
    of Qui-Gon and Mace.

?Search we must, send out many teams of Jedi we will? ?Find our Lost one again, we will?
    ?Stop searching we will not, until found he is? Yoda added.

The Council Members filed out going to prepare teams for the search. Leaving Yoda, Mace and Qui-Gon.
    ?Qui-Gon have you tried to contact Obi-wan yet? Mace asked.
    ?No I haven?t, I actually forgot about the comm. unit I gave him, I will try now.? Qui said as he reached for his unit.

?Wait? Master Yoda snapped. Qui and Mace looked confused.
    ?Put the young one in more danger if use that you do?
    ?Have faith in the young one to know when to use it we should.? ?Help him it may? Yoda stated.
    Qui realised what Yoda meant, if they tried to contact the boy and his captors found the comm
    he would not have any means to contact them if he escaped.
    They already sensed that whoever took the boy had no intention of killing him, at least not right away, otherwise they could have killed him immediately instead of taking him.

?I do not understand why I cannot sense Xanatos, if he is the kidnapper, why did he take the boy
    I just hope he doesn?t want to torture Obi-wan?. ?After all Xanatos is insane.? he added. ??..

Sick he felt sick??. Obi-wan opened his eyes it was dark and cold, he was laying on a cold hard floor.
    He move his body and rolled over onto his stomach, the movement sent a woozy feeling through his body.
    He held his stomach but couldn?t hold the contents in, he wretched and wretched until his stomach was empty.
    Obi-wan rolled over , he was surprised to find that he wasn?t tied up.
    He felt around the floor and in the corner was a bed, Obi-wan dragged himself over and climbed onto it.
    Every part of his body was sluggish, his legs wouldn?t hold him up and his arms were weak.
    He thought. ( I will lay here for a moment to regain my strength, then I will check this room out)
    Several hours later he woke again, but he felt no better, he could hardly move his arms and legs and when he tried to feel the force there was nothing.
    He was starting to panic, and then he remembered his comm. unit, he dug into his tunic feeling the lump in his pouch.
    He was just about to get it out when the light came on blinding him momentarily.
    He heard the door open, Obi-wan calmed himself and lay as still as he could.

?Well my young friend finally awake? the hooded man said in an oily sarcastic voice.
    Obi-wan had learnt not to be baited into saying anything so he remained silent.
    But he found out very quickly silence wasn?t a good thing.
    Quicker than Obi could take a breath the mans hand shot out of his robe and latched onto Obi?s
    neck, as he squeezed he pushed Obi?s head back, and Obi-wan grabbed the mans hand with both of his trying to release his grip.
    Obi-wan had no strength at all and the more Obi held on to the mans hand the more he squeezed.

?Put your hands down my boy and it will stop hurting? he snarled.
    Obi continued to pull at his hand, suddenly sparks leapt from his hand shooting into Obi-wan?s neck.
    Obi-wan started to scream from the pain and his body was shaking violently.
    Through the pain he could hear the orders of this being ?Put your hands down?
    Obi complied as the pain was unbearable. He slammed his hands flat down next to his sides.
    But the man kept shooting charges into Obi.
    ?In future my boy, you will obey me, do

21. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    :eek: This is so good!! What will happen to poor Obi??

22. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    ahhh, i was two posts behind on this! well, i'm caught up now so :cool:
    2 more fantastic updates! i especially enjoyed how well paced the last chapter was. you went through a lot of stuff, but it didn't seem like it was going by too quick at all. it flowed very naturally. i like how it seems the vision is starting to come to pass already...
    and WOW, that stuff with obi's new dark master was EVIL!! a lot of it made me cringe as i was reading it! (especially making obi practice with the piece of metal that would burn his hands!) well done with that. that is how i picture training with presumably a sith lord would be.
    i really hope obi is saved from him soon!
    oh, and congrats on being nominated! it's definitly well deserved!=D=

23. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    :_| Poor Obi! :_| I'm finally caught up. And still got me hooked. Keep posting GK! :D

24. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Is it just me, or does Obi-Wan seem to get carried away a lot?

No it not just you, but it is a shame it isn't us doing the carrying away

You definitely have a talent for mind-reading, GK! [face_batting]

Will Qui-Gon be able to save Obi-Wan from the Sith?
    Not for a while, or we won't have any fun!
    Yeah we need a bit of fun with Obi before we rescue him

Ummmm I'm starting to sound like a Sith

:D See, we're rubbing off on you! [face_laugh] Mwah ha ha!

Every day the man would come and make Obi-wan train, for hours he would have sabre practice only he was not allowed to have a sabre and was given a piece of metal to use instead.
    The metal would get hot from the strikes of the mans red sabre, but Obi was not allowed to cry out and at the end of the session his hands would be burned and blistered.

The man delighted in burning Obi-wan, on his shoulders his legs his back and his chest.
    He would laugh loudly after each strike.
    Obi-wan would cry himself to sleep at night, he had lost hope of ever being found and the drug the man used on Obi prevented him from reaching the force.

That is quite a bit of fun with Obi! We are definitely rubbing off on you, GK, and I love it! ;)

Obi-wan looked around for some one, anyone that could help him. In the distance he saw lights, the lights of space craft, of shuttles many of them, heading this way, and off to the other side lights of one craft getting closer and closer.

The wind and the smoke were thick and Obi fumbled for his comm. unit which had started to buzz...

He started to cry, the evil one had climbed towards Obi-wan, he was almost close enough to grab the boys feet, Obi put his hand out, crying ?Go away? ?Go away?? then he yelled into the comm. ?Help me please?

It sounds like Yoda's vision is about to become true! [face_skull]

But, you know our Obi: he's so popular that everybody wants him! [face_mischief]

I can't wait to see IF Obi can get out of this one! :D

Star

PS. Congratulations on being nominated! [:D]

25. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Aaahhh, no, Obi-Wan!! :eek: [face_worried] :_|

I feel so bad for him with all the "training" he's had to go through, that evil evil man! :mad: Die Palpy, DIE!! [face_skull]

Qui and company need to hurry before Xanatos gets there! Obi is about to go from the frying pan into the fire, oh dear. [face_worried]

Can't wait for more, Gkilkenny! [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.