main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Kidnapped by Darkness. Obi, Qui, Xanatos,Sequel(Lost & Found) COMPLETED Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Well, looks like Obi-Wan is starting to accept if not trust Xanatos. All is revealed through the Force. ;) I like how they instinctively reach out to the Force for answers, trusting it to take care of Obi-Wan. :)

Well, good thing that Master Jason wasn't working for Palpatine, but it is sad that he let all these angry resentful feelings turn him. :( Good to see Malak isn't all that bad though, and he even has plans! :)

Hope they figure out who the hooded man is soon, so Obi can come home to the Temple. And Xan better take good care of Obi in the meantime.

Hope you had a good vacation. Happy Valentine's Day! @};-

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Intense. That's a long time to hold all that darkness inside.

I hope all is well with Obi too.

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

obi_webb Master Jason was a bad egg
    But he wasn't in league with Palpy.
    Malak knew when to get out [face_worried]
    Thanks[:D]

cyberspy7 Master Jason was planning to use Malak for revenge.
    I will PM you and thanks for reading.[:D]

maychorian The temple is safe at the moment
    but that could change "Hard to see the darkside" :D

Sionnach-Airgid Thats OK a bit of Master Jason bashing is
    good for the force.[face_beatup]

Star_Drifter "Yes I have seen Ani's icon Darth with heart eyes brilliant[face_laugh]

Nop! he wasn't working for Palpy
    Palpy is working on his own just now!!!

It may be safe for Obi to return but Qui and the others will need to look after him
    orrrrrrr Palpy could come a callin[face_skull]

Bastet Yeah too bad about Jason.

But some one has to be the bad guy in this story
    seeing how I have made Xanatos a goodi:D

Maybe Xanatos will return Obi[face_thinking]

Jedi_Tigris Well, looks like Obi-Wan is starting to accept if not trust Xanatos
    It will take a while for Obi to trust the man who threw him
    of a cliffe[face_shame_on_you]
    But as always the force is there to guide them.[face_peace]

jodiwent Some times anger simmers for a while
    and Jason was simmering.
    Xanatos has a hard job in front of him to
    win Obi's Trust.:D

4. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Early the next morning Obi-wan was woken with a start, he sensed some one familiar near him and shot up from the bed looking around, that's when he spied Xanatos standing at his bedroom door.
    For a moment all the fear of this man came back to him, and he backed up slamming into the wall knocking the wind out of him self.

?Whoa? steady Obi-wan, have you forgotten already that I am not going to hurt you.
    It is time to get up, first we will meditate and then we will have first meal.
    Then after that we shall meditate again and then we will start basic training.?

Obi-wan gathered his senses and pushed off away from the wall.

?Basic Training? I am further advanced, than basic training? Obi snapped.

Xanatos strode over to Obi-wan and said
    ?Yes Jedi basic training you may have, but Sith Training
    you have none.
    ?Sith? I am not going to train to be a Sith they are evil? Obi blurted.

"You are correct young Obi-wan, and the first tenants of basic training for Jedi, is the Jedi code and follow that, you do not!.? Xanatos snapped.

?Y-yes I do? Obi said

?Very well then recite the first verse? Xanatos said.

" There is no emotion, there is peace." Obi-wan recited.

?How have your emotions been lately? and are you at peace?? Xanatos asked.

?No I?m not at peace?. Obi answered.

?Keep reciting Obi-wan.? he said

"There is no ignorance; there is knowledge" Obi answered.

?What my young Jedi do you know of the Sith, what knowledge of them do you have, so that you can defend against them?. Xanatos asked him.
    Obi-wan shook his head ?I don?t know much about other Sith only about you? he snapped.

?Then you are ignorant, and you should know your enemy!? Xanatos snapped back.

"There is no passion; There is Serenity" Obi continued.

?You are passionately worried about Qui-Gon, and you hate me with a passion? There is no serenity in your actions.? he stated.

Obi stared at him, he didn?t know what to say.

?Are you without worry or stress are you not disturbed about your situation.? Xanatos said.

?I-I am worried, and being here disturbs m-me.? Obi answered.

?That's right your Serenity is shot and you are very passionate in your concern for others.? Xanatos confirmed.

"There is no chaos: There is Harmony." Obi said.

?Your life at the moment is in complete chaos, my young friend.?
    The Galaxy we live in is not in harmony, far from it. ?And last but not least Obi-wan,? Xanatos continued.

"There is no death: There is the force" Obi finished

?There is death, it is all around us, but it is how we live that makes us who we are and when we die, if we have lived by the true meaning of life we are rewarded by being at one with the force in peace and harmony.
    ?So my young friend, the Jedi code is repeated by all Jedi at the Temple but as I have just showed you, you do not follow the code at all!?
    ?Now come we shall begin with meditations, so you can begin to see the true meaning of the Jedi code" Xanatos said as he clasped his hand on Obi-wans shoulder and pulled him towards the door.
    Xanatos led him to a small room with no furniture and stark white walls.
    On the floor was a thick rug, Xanatos motioned for Obi to sit, which he did.
    He sat with his legs scissor folded and placed his hands in his lap.
    Much to his dismay Xanatos sat opposite him, his folded legs touched Obi-wans.
    ?Give me your hands,? he ordered.
    Obi-wan didn?t move he just stared at the two outward stretched hands of Xanatos.
    ?Give me your hands? he said again

Again Obi didn?t want to hold this mans hands he was still afraid of him.
    But before Obi could blink Xanatos had shot out and grabbed both of Obi-wans hands
    pulling him with a vice like grip, so that Obi-wan?s face was only centimetres from Xanatos?s face..

?Feel that fear rising in you, do you.? Xanatos gloated.

Obi-wan could feel it and he could feel anger and hate and he did hate with a passion, and he wanted to strike out, and force this man to release him, and he felt a power he had never
    felt before it consumed him and he

5. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    WOW, i LOVE this story, every update has been amazing, but i think that was the best chapter yet!
    =D=
    xanatos seems like a great teacher! i rather enjoyed him making obi recite the code and then pointing out how he hadn't been following it at all.
    and it was such a great bit with obi force pushing xanatos! i loved xanatos pointing out obi's tear!
    fantastic stuff! i can't wait to read what happens next!

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I like the idea that Obi has to train in Sith teachings to be able to defeat them, but I still can't help thinking they are treading on dangerous ground.

I can't believe I actually believe Xanatos!

7. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    Awww! I'm glad they're starting to understand each other a bit more. I really liked the way Xani made Obi repeat the entire Jedi code and then pointed out exactly how Obi wasn't following any of it![face_laugh] Of course, I do feel bad for Obi still!

Great update as always!=D= =D= =D=

More soon?[face_praying]

And thanks for the PM!:D

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Thank you? he said brightly.

Obi-wan was confused. ?Why are you thanking me, I knocked you down?" he said.
    ?Yes you did but, because you are good and kind you didn?t do what many others would have done? Xanatos said.

?What?s that?? Obi asked.
    ?Most people would have killed me while I was incapacitated?

?I?m not like that? Obi snapped.
    ?Yes I know and I hope you will one day believe me, when I say that I?m not like that anymore? Xanatos said.

[face_thinking] I don't think he is like that anymore, either!

I think that Xanatos is right, Obi-Wan isn't living by the Jedi Code! [face_shame_on_you]

Great update, GK! =D=

Obi needs a lot of training to learn more about the Sith! We are a wonderful group, you know! [face_batting]

Thanks for the PM! [:D]

Star

9. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    great update. I know I'm just echoing what everyone else has said so far, but I really like how Xanatos pointed out that the code they follow is really impossible to follow. And it makes complete sense for him to be "studying" for lack of a better word, the Sith.
    Oh, and thanks for the PM.

cheers,
    ~Rhi

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
  11. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aawww, I really enjoyed that update, Gkilkenny! [face_love]

Poor Obi, it had to be hard for him to hear Xanatos tell him he doesn't follow the code.

"There is no passion; There is Serenity" Obi continued.

?You are passionately worried about Qui-Gon, and you hate me with a passion? There is no serenity in your actions.? he stated.
    [face_laugh] At least Xan has no illusions about how Obi feels about him. :p

But awww, poor Obi thinking he had killed him, Xan is still a sneaky one.

Xanatos reached over with his hand and wiped a tear off Obi-wans cheek.
    ?What?s this? do I detect a tear for me?? Xanatos boasted.
    [face_laugh]

I can't for more! :D

12. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    Please hurry and update soon! I love stories where Xanatos is trains Obi-Wan. And seeing him as a good guy is sweet![:D]

13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

obi_webb thanks.

Xanatos has seen the light and is trying to
    prepare Obi for the futureO:)

jodiwent I can't believe I actually believe Xanatos!

Yep it is hard to believe. But he has.[face_dancing]

Sionnach-Airgid

The Jedi code is repeated constantly as the young grow up
    but most of the time none of the Jedi listen to it
    or obey it:D

Star_Drifter Obi needs a lot of training to learn more about the Sith! We are a wonderful group, you know!

Ummmm I am starting to think you are right Go Sithy!!!
    and besides Xani is cute=P~
    almost as cute as Obi.=P~

The Lurker Xani is going to teach him lots more
    before he's finished[face_devil]

LilQui-Gon Thanks [:D]

Bastet Yes there was a tear but I think Obi
    is that kind of a person. Very emotional;)
    More lessons for Obi coming!!

Terje_Lisan I am glad your enjoying Xanatos.
    he doesn't get much of a chance
    to be a good guy.O:)

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Their next meditation after first meal was more intense, it involved the hooded man.

Xanatos wanted to release Obi-wan from the fear of the hooded man.
    Xanatos knew that Obi-wan would not be able to defeat this man in the future if he still harboured fear of him.
    ?I want you to concentrate on past events in your life specifically, the time you were held prisoner by
    the hooded man.? Xanatos explained.
    But he could sense the raw fear even with just the mention of this being, and knew that Obi-wan was fearful
    of bringing those memories to the surface.

?I-I don?t want to think about him? Obi stuttered.
    Xanatos pulled Obi-wans hands close to his, drawing the boys eyes to concentrate on him.
    ?Obi-wan you have come so far in such a short time, do not give up now? Xanatos said.
    ?He was cruel and he hurt me? Obi-wans insisted.

?Yes I know he was, he is after all a Sith, and Sith are the cruellest beings born in this galaxy.? Xanatos remarked.

?I-I don?t believe you are that cruel? Obi-wan stated hoping that he was not cruel.

?Perhaps if I had not gone to prison my young friend, I may have been just as cruel.? He answered the now nervous boy.

He could feel the nervous tension through the boys hands. ?But we must not think about that, that life has left me?
    ?Now I want you to close your eyes and remember, open your self to the force.
    ?I want you to tell me of each memory of each painful thing he did to you?

Obi-wan discovered his feelings of fear were strong when confronted by the memories of this being.
    ?He made me train with a piece of metal, it burnt my hands.? he whispered.

He tied my wrists to a ring in the roof and left me to hang there all day.? he added.
    There were so many memories?..

Xanatos worked through each memory and helped Obi-wan disperse his fears to the force.

Later in the day Xanatos took Obi-wan to his first training session, it was a session nothing like the Training in the Jedi Temple.
    The only similarities was that Xanatos was using Jedi training sabres they wouldn?t hurt you but would give a slight burn.
    The training was fierce; no quarter was given there were no niceties in the sparing ring.

At the Temple sparing was performed in a friendly manner, bowing to your opponent, and when your opponent fell, waiting for him to regain his footing, so they could continue the match.

Once the opponent was down on the ground and touched by the sabre, it signalled the defeat, the spar would end and the winner would help the loser up.

But here Xanatos was relentless given Obi no time to regain his footing, striking while he was down, forcing Obi-wan to roll away and stagger to his feet while retreating across the room.

This form of sparing was nothing like what Obi-wan had ever seen.
    Xanatos used anything at his disposal to throw at Obi-wan, items flew across the room hitting Obi from all angles, for a while he was deflecting them, but he was tiring.
    ?I yield? he stammered as Xanatos strode towards him.

?The Dark side doesn?t care if you yield? ?The dark side will kill you? he said as he walked closer.
    Obi-wan saw that the door to the training room was open, so he charged Xanatos with his sabre swinging.
    And at the last minute ducked, rolled, got to his feet, and ran out the door.
    As he ran down the corridor he could hear Xanatos laughing in the background.

Obi-wan crashed into Selena. ?What?s the hurry Obi-wan, is Xani giving you a hard time? she smiled as she could hear Xani laughing down the hall.

Obi-wan was panting ?H-e?s crazy? he said puffing, ?He?s trying to kill me? He?s nuts?

Selena was mortified. ?But I don?t understand Xani said he was going to help you defeat the evil.? she said.

?Oh I have no doubt about that? Obi sniggered.

?But does he have to teach me everything in the first five minutes.!
    ?I?m tired? I need rest? he yelled hoping Xanatos would hear him.
    And hear him he did, Xanatos came out of the room smiling broadly.

?I guess I got carried away, alright I will take it easy on you young one?. h

15. cyberspy7

cyberspy7 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    Very well done, it seems Xani truly has turned for the better!

16. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Obi-wan was panting ?H-e?s crazy? he said puffing, ?He?s trying to kill me? He?s nuts?

Selena was mortified. ?But I don?t understand Xani said he was going to help you defeat the evil.? she said.

?Oh I have no doubt about that? Obi sniggered.

?But does he have to teach me everything in the first five minutes.!
    :p Poor Obi-Wan, Xan did get a little carried away, didn't he?

I'm so glad Obi gets to talk to Qui-Gon soon, the poor man must be so worried about him! :(

Looking forward to more! :D

17. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Obi needs a lot of training to learn more about the Sith! We are a wonderful group, you know!

Ummmm I am starting to think you are right Go Sithy!!!

[face_dancing] I like that, GK!

But, then you wrote:

?Yes I know he was, he is after all a Sith, and Sith are the cruellest beings born in this galaxy.? Xanatos remarked.

Hmmph! [face_not_talking]

The Siths of TFN are not cruel! We are nice! ;)

Obi-Wan has so much to learn, doesn't he? Xanatos seems like he is the right teacher, as he knows both sides. It won't be easy for Obi-Wan, but rewarding in the end! :)

Thanks for the PM, GK! [:D]

Star

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I liked that training session, and Obi's reaction to it.

19. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    :DHey mess me?:) Just so you know I didn't run away on you. I got busy with RL and other things. Thank for the updates and sending me the Pms.:)

Now my thoughts on this story. :D

When I left off it rocked, form there to now it. ROCKS!:) =D= Please keep going your doing great you really are.:) It feels great to read something I just flat feel in love with. This sotry is just a great one and anyone who likes Qui-Gon, Obi-wan or Xan sould with out a doubt check this out.

Keep up the good work be lookong forwaord to more.:) =D=

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

cyberspy7 Yes Xani has seen the Light[face_laugh]

Bastet Xanatos is trying to prepare Obi for the future

Qui-Gon will speak to him soon[face_dancing]

Star_Drifter You wouldn't want a Sith to be anything but evil would you :D
    Being a Sith is never easy , so much anger and evil and
    Devil may care attitude [face_devil]

jodiwent A bit of heavy training to
    lighten the day[face_devil] [face_laugh]

KILIK I sure did miss you, glad you've surfaced and I
    know RL can be such a worthy advisary.:D

Thanks I am glad you like it.[:D]

21. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    Another excellent update!=D= =D=

I'm so glad that Obi and Xani are still getting along, and that Xani was able to help Obi get over his fears![face_love]

Btw, do you have a pm list for this? Would you add me to it if you do?[face_batting]

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Sionnach- Airgid Thanks.

Xani has definitely changed for the better.

I will PM you :D

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Xanatos could sense the change in Obi-wans demeanour, gone was the introverted boy of the previous week.
    It was replaced by a very talkative and on the whole, a happier child, who spoke lovingly about his Qui-Gon.

The chatter went on through evening meal, and included stories of adventures that Qui-Gon had taken Obi-wan on.
    Selena smiled at Xani when Obi-wan told the tale of the fish that got away.

?Master Qui-Gon took me fishing, and we were in a row boat out on the lake, he was showing me how to throw the line out, and as he cast it out, the hook caught on the canvas bag that had our lunch in!!.
    The bag flew through the air and plopped into the water." Obi giggled.
    ?Master Qui-Gon stood up and used the oar to reach the bag before it sank, and he s-lip-ped, h-e fell in the lake. Obi-wan was giggling as he replayed the tale.

?I tried to help him but he just started pushing the boat to shore, with me laughing, I know I shouldn?t have laughed but he looked so funny, and when he got out of the lake he had to take his wet tunic off.
    A-and when he did, a FISH! jumped out of his clothes and flipped back into the water?.
    Xani and Amun were amused watching the boy describing his story in animation, the boys arms were waving around in great circles describing the one that got away.

?Xani did Master Qui-Gon ever take you fishing?? the boy asked full of enthusiasm.

Xani thought back to his early days as a Padawan, he and Qui-Gon were quite close, and Xani had played on that closeness, it was the fact that they were so close that Qui-Gon missed the arrogance and deceit, that was growing in Xanatos.

He remembered Qui-Gon would defend him from any accusation; he used to think it was funny that no matter what he did, Qui-Gon could see no wrong in him.
    It wasn?t until Xanatos had become a Senior Padawan and had more of a free rein around the Temple that
    Qui-Gon had started to have his doubts about him.
    That was when he started seeing the Senator.

Xanatos shook his head and remembered Obi-wan?s question

?Yes my young friend I went fishing with Qui-Gon many times when I was young.
    But I have no tales to tell like the one you told. Qui-Gon never fell out of a boat when we went fishing, but we did catch some enormous fish.?

Later that evening Xanatos and Amun went to prepare the ship for the trip to the next sector, and left Obi-wan talking with Selena.

?Selena can I ask you a question?? Obi said.
    ?Sure you can Obi?
    ?Xanatos he is so different from when he? he.. tried to hurt me, how did he change??

?I don?t really know how to answer you Obi-wan, because I never knew the person that Xani was before.
    ?I only know the caring and compassionate man he is now, I?ll tell you a secret? When Xanatos
    first rescued you I had no idea why, and when he told me on the ship coming here what he had done to you.
    I was astonished; I could not believe the man I knew now, who had rescued me and Amun from certain death could actually do what he said he did?.
    ?I thought he was joking, I didn?t know what to think, and when you woke, and I saw the reaction you had to him, then I knew he had been telling me the truth.
    ?You see Obi-wan, since I have known Xani we have always been looked after, he treats us as family, not just employees, as you can see we eat together and work together, and he makes sure we are comfortable and happy.
    ?Tell me Obi-wan how do you feel about Xani now?? Selena asked.

Obi stared at her for a moment and then he spoke.
    ?Some times I am confused? ?He has been nice to me and he did save me from the hooded man.
    But I cannot help but remember the time when he threw me off the cliff.
    I was so frightened, but now he seems like he is some one else, like he is not the same person, he is helping me and I don?t feel afraid of him now.

?And yet back at the Temple when we have lessons we always recite that anger leads to the dark side and once that path is taken you can never return to the light.
    ?So I am confused, because if Xani has returned from the dark side, the Jedi lesson

24. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    =D= Loved it! I like the way you write its so easy to understand. I like a good Xan to, I hope he stays good or at least nice.

Can't wait for the next part, keep up the good work.:)

KILIK

25. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    Being a Sith is never easy , so much anger and evil and
    Devil may care attitude

Yes, it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it! [face_mischief]

I became arrogant, and selfish and those who were dedicated to the code annoyed me.
    Qui-Gon annoyed me he was always so dedicated to the living force, he trusted the force for everything.
    But he had nothing, no real possessions, no credits.?
    I wanted to be rich and have power, that?s when I met? a man who had all the things I wanted.
    So I listened to his stories, of how he could give me all the riches I wanted.
    ?I strayed from the path of light and ended up travelling the rocky road of darkness.? and that is my story young one? Xani said.

Those who do right are always annoying to the ones who seek the path of evil... [face_thinking]

Great update, GK! I like how you had Obi-Wan tell Xanatos how he survived after being thrown off of the cliff. It seems like something Xanatos would certainly be curious about!

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.