main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Kidnapped by Darkness. Obi, Qui, Xanatos,Sequel(Lost & Found) COMPLETED Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    *Grabs some popcorn* Show time! :D

2. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    Great update! =D= And what a cliffhanger!:eek:

I wonder how the communication with Qui will go . . . [face_thinking]

Poor Obi's getting so confused! Everything he's been taught at the temple as absolute truth is being turned on its head! First his interepretation of the Jedi Code and now his belief that no one returns from the Darkside. One wonders what Qui will do when Obi returns to the temple and has all those questions for him!

Thanks for the PM! :D

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Awww, I loved that story about the fish that got away. [face_love] So cute.

?And yet back at the Temple when we have lessons we always recite that anger leads to the dark side and once that path is taken you can never return to the light.
    ?So I am confused, because if Xani has returned from the dark side, the Jedi lessons are inaccurate.?

Maybe not inaccurate, they could just be saying that no one has ever returned because no one has ever wanted to before. But Xan does, so he just needs to prove the Jedi wrong this time and stay good.

Can't wait for Obi and Qui to talk. :D

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

KILIK Thanks and I think Xani will do what he must
    and I am not sure if it is good or nice[face_whistling]
    well at least for someone[face_devil]
    cryptic

Star_Drifter Yes Xani is the curious type [face_thinking]
    I think I would want to know how some one managed
    to stay alive by themselves if they
    were five as well
    But I guess the force helped.[face_dancing]

It is better the Devil you know than the one you dont[face_laugh] [face_devil]

LilQui-Gon Oh Yeah!! Popcorn, Soda, sit back relax and on with the show.[:D]

Sionnach-Airgid Communications with Qui-Gon??

umm Short and sweet probably!!
    What will Qui do when Obi questions the Jedi code

!!!Tear his hair out!!!!:oops: [face_laugh]

BastetA bit of humour a bit of the devil and a bit of mush

Your right maybe no one has wanted to turn back to the light, until Xani did, but then again maybe he isn't going to
    be that good, maybe Xani's light has a dimmer switch on it.
    [face_thinking] [face_devil] or O:)

Thanks for reviewing and reading everyone@};- @};-

?Ok my young friend; it is time, are you ready??

?Yes Xani I am ready.? the boy stated confidently.
    He moved into the centre of the room and sat opposite Xanatos on a thick mat.

Obi-wan sank into a deep meditation, Xanatos sat close by his side because the immersion meditation would exhaust the user, and if it was too much for Obi-wan, Xanatos would be close by to help him.

Xanatos watched as the boy began by breathing deeply.
    Obi-wan had come a long way in the few weeks he had been with Xanatos.
    He realised as he sat there that if he hadn?t strayed from the path of light he would have been a Knight by the time Obi-wan was ready to be apprenticed, and he felt a strange kinship to the boy.
    Xanatos thought (I could even have been his Master, what an awesome team we would have made, this boy is so eager to learn and he is so strong in the force, if only I hadn?t been so arrogant.)

After a few minutes Xanatos could feel the fluctuations and distortions in the force, Obi-wan was achieving his goal to immerse himself totally within the fine threads of the force.

Xanatos smiled, It took a great deal of trust for Obi-wan to immerse himself, and be completely helpless and vulnerable to attack, or was the boy so anxious to talk to Jinn, that he would do almost anything to make it happen, Xani wondered whether he had really become friends with Obi-wan or was the boy just obeying him just so he could return to Qui-Gon.

Xanatos sighed and shook himself back into reality.

?For force sake I threw him off a cliff with a Force suppressor collar on, I?m lucky that he hasn?t tried to run me through with a light sabre or worse slit my throat.

Xanatos had sensed the forgiving nature of this bright light in the force, but he could also sense the makings of a great warrior.
    A warrior, who would be strong and unrelenting, in his search for Balance.
    A warrior who would bring the full power of the Force, to bear on any unsuspecting Sith, who might be the unfortunate one to get in his way.

Xani chuckled as he sat waiting for his young charge to finish searching the force for Master Jinn.
    He thought of how surprised Jinn was going to be, when this child knocks on his mind, like knocking on a door and when said door opens and Obi-wan speaks to him, what a shock that will be to the ever composed Master Jinn.

Sliding deep into the meditation Obi-wan could feel the strands of the force surround him and pull him towards the core.
    Towards thousands of force signatures, and he sifted through them looking for one in particular, it took a great deal of concentration to sort out the signatures.
    Finally after an exhaustive search he found the one signature he was looking for.
    He studied it for a while skirting around the edges nudging it, waiting for a sense that Qui-Gon would realise Obi-wan was trying to contact him??....

Master Yoda, Mace and Qui-Gon were in the ro

5. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    :eek: so it seems that xanatos's intentions are revealed! wow, i had to read it twice because i couldn't believe it the first time!
    his intentions are good, but he's starting on a dark path again! now i have no clue what to expect next!
    you have been doing a terrific job building the relationship of obi and xanatos and that makes the possible results of your revalation even more interesting!
    =D=
    thanks for your continuing to pm me!

6. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    :_| Awwwww beautiful post..and poor Xani.....:_|

Thanks for the PM.

7. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Xanatos watched as the boy began by breathing deeply.
    Obi-wan had come a long way in the few weeks he had been with Xanatos.
    He realised as he sat there that if he hadn?t strayed from the path of light he would have been a Knight by the time Obi-wan was ready to be apprenticed, and he felt a strange kinship to the boy.
    Xanatos thought (I could even have been his Master, what an awesome team we would have made, this boy is so eager to learn and he is so strong in the force, if only I hadn?t been so arrogant.)

:( If only...

But, at least you have helped him now, and can keep an eye on Palpatine! :)

:eek: Hey! What am I saying?

I see what you are trying to do, GK! o_O

But it won't work! [face_not_talking]

I am a Sith, I am a Sith! [face_hypnotized]

Ah, much better! [face_batting]

Star

8. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Xanatos had no qualms about using the Dark side to attain the power he needed to infiltrate the Senate. Yup, I was afraid of that. [face_frustrated] He won't be proving anyone wrong that he can't change with that attitude, will he? [face_shame_on_you]

Is Xani reeaally going to let Obi go back to the Temple? I hope so, Obi needs to become Qui's paddy already!

Can't wait for more! :D

9. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    great update. I really enjoyed it.
    sorry it's short, but I'm in a rush.
    thanks for the PM

~Rhi

10. LilQui-Gon

Jul 29, 2004
    Alright! I wonder what's gonna happen next? I think need some more popcorn. Update soon! :D *Runs to the kitchen for more popcorn*

11. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Haha, poor Obi getting pushed to his limits by Xan the very first day of training. Xan is right though, the Sith won't be playing by the rules and Obi needs to get used to actual combat as opposed to the practice in the temple. Xan is definitely the right teacher for those things.

Oh no, Xan! Don't go using the Dark Side again! Think of Obi, and how sad and confused he'd be if you changed again! Think up some other way to undermine Palpatine. Poor Xan having to lose Obi now too. He's gotten fond of Obi. [face_love]

Very nice!

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obi-webb
    Xanatos has every intention of keeping Obi safe
    even if it means delving in the dark side[face_skull]

kenobiwanobi
    Poor Xani? Nah not poor Xani:D Poor Palpy!!!

Star_Drifter Thats right keep reminding yourself that You are a Sith :D
    Dont worry Xanatos still leans more to the dark side than the light.[face_devil]
    But sometimes it takes evil to beat evil[face_skull]

BastetDont worry Xani has good intentions it is just the way he is going to do it thats a bit of a worry[face_worried]

The Lurker
    the meeting between the Master and Former
    apprentice is coming:eek:

LilQui-Gon

Yes a round of popcorn and wait..... What will Qui-Gon
    think of Xanatos![face_devil] or O:)

Jedi_Tigris
    Palpatine is devious and Evil, bad things happen to good people
    and Xanatos knows it, he will need the strength of the dark to beat Palpy at his own game.

Thanks all
    only one more post to go and then it is over.
    [:D] :_|

Back at the Temple Qui-Gon?s temper was being sorely tested, he hadn?t heard from Ob-wan for several days and every time he tried to meditate and open himself to the force, there would be interruptions.

First a group of younglings were playing a noisy game of Force Tag, and ran around Qui-Gon in their
    search to tag someone.

I am sure the Crèche Master?s ears were burning after the berating she got from Qui-Gon, and a lesson in controlling children!.
    Next several Councillors requested some information from him, and the final straw was when Mace interrupted his meditation to ask if he had contacted Obi-wan yet.

Qui-Gon sighed and looked piercingly at Mace.

?No I haven?t, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to meditate with all these interruptions ? he snapped?..

He noticed the gloomy look on Mace?s face.

?Forgive me for being snappy Mace, I guess I am just worried.? he said as he tried to release his frustrations to the force.

?I suppose we are all getting frustrated? Mace answered.

Getting to his feet he excused himself and went off back to his apartment.
    He had been cooped up in there, and had decided to meditate out in the garden, but that apparently was not going to work.
    So back he went to his home.

He stretched out on his bed and closed his eyes, and that's when he felt it.
    The same familiar tingling and a not so gentle nudge, it was not Obi-wan, it made him shiver, when he realised who?s signature it was.

( Hello Master Jinn, I presume it is not me that you would like to talk to, but never the less I will have to do at this moment.
    It has been a long time hasn?t it Master. Xanatos spoke into his mind.

Xanatos! Where is Obi-wan what have you done to him, let me speak to him! Qui-Gon sent back.

?Steady now Qui-Gon you will burst a blood vessel, where is that ?Jedi calm ?,you always insisted on,
    when you were my Master nothing seemed to faze you, where is that Serene Jedi Master now.??

?You need not worry your dignified head about Obi-wan the kid is fine, actually, do you want to hear something funny, he and I have become friends, Can you believe that!??

?No I cannot!! snapped Qui-Gon. ?You tried to kill him, how could you be his friend, why in the force would I believe you!?

?Suit yourself Qui-Gon, I don?t really care what you think about me! , but this boy thinks you made the stars and the galaxy, and in his eyes you are everything to him.
    So if I give him back to you, do I have your word you will look after him, and make sure he reaches Knighthood?.

?How dare you insinuate that I would do anything less!? Qui-Gon snapped through the force
    ?Well you lost him twice, try not to let it happen a third time, Xanatos smirked.
    ?Twice What are you talking about?. Qui-Gon said confused.

?On Rayma the boy distinctly told you that he didn?t want to go with me up onto the cliff, but you ignored his plea, I even felt the ripples in the force trying to tell you the boy was right."

13. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I can't believe you actually have me feeling sorry for Xanatos!

And why do I have the feeling Xani is slinking off - -

Sorry I haven't been replying. I've been reading, but work and sick have kept me reading and running.

14. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    FORGOT something huh? yeah i bet he did!:p
    great update! though sad to hear the story is coming to an end with the next part!
    i rather enjoyed the talk between xani and qui. you handled that very well, especially when xani referred to yoda as the green troll!
    it's nice to see that obi has completely forgiven xani and trusts him. i hope xani proves worthy of that trust though...
    look forwardto seeing how this ends!
    =D=

15. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    aw man, almost the end already. oh well, it's been a good ride. looking forward to the last chapter.

~Rhi

16. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    This was a very nice post and I am really excited about the next post...

I wonder if Xani is up to no good....[face_thinking] :confused: [face_thinking]

Great job!

17. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Aww, I loved that post, nice and long and juicy. :D

Great conversation between Qui and Xani. I loved how Xani shocked Qui by apologizing.

?Yes well I suppose I did destroy your faith in your Padawan. I can see now that I made a grave error
    in judgement, and if it gives you any confidence that I will not harm Obi-wan,
    I will say ?I am sorry Master?? and I can assure you he is healthy and in safe hands.?
    Qui-Gon was stunned; he didn?t know what to say.
    [face_love] Aww...

And Xani and Obi's conversation was great too, Obi is so sweet to forgive Xani, lets just hope he deserves it!

?What do you think, would I make a good Senator?? Xani asked as he stood up very regally and stuck his chin up high.

Obi-wan started to laugh. ?You look funny!?
    :p

That was funny how Xani ran away at the end-from Qui, I suppose. And Obi all dressed up as a Padawan, awww. [face_love]

I can't wait for more, though I'm sad it will be the last post. :(

18. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    ?I do not know what to make of Xanatos, when he threw
    Obi-wan off the plateau, he had no remorse for his actions, he was so different from the Padawan that I loved and thought would make a great Jedi?
    His aura was dark and he only wanted to hurt people, he was greedy and Angry.?
    ?Yet when he contacted me through the immersion, he stunned me when he apologised, he actually sounded remorseful, when he said he was sorry.? Qui-Gon said as he looked at Yoda.

?Always said the force has a mind of it?s own, it is we living beings that presume to decide what can be and what cannot be.?

Everything is not always as presumed it to be, is it? ;)

Wow, Xanatos as a Senator so that he can try to protect Obi-Wan! Now that I really would like to see! :D

But, only one more post? Noooooooooo! :_|

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who reviewed my story it was very much appreciated[:D]
    just one more post and then on to another story! :D

jodiwent Thanks for sticking to the story,
    yeah I cannot believe I made
    Xanatos a good guy.[face_devil] O:)

obi_webb Xani has proven himself capable of doing the right thing, but I pity those poor Senators,
    in the movies some of then appeared to be sneaky little devils.
    Maybe Xanatos will shake them up[face_laugh] [face_devil]

TheLurkerThanks Rhi[:D]
    I am certainly glad you came along for the ride it is always nice to write for an audience.=D=

kenobiwanobi What Xani up to no good!!
    How could you say such a thing.. But maybe
    he is going to be as good as the next Senator.[face_laugh]

Bastet Yep Xani is sending Obi home, he has done all he can do But he will watch over him
    Yes Qui-Gon was shocked to hear "Sorry"
    and I am sorry it is the last post[:D]

Star_Drifter Wow, Xanatos as a Senator so that he can try to protect Obi-Wan! Now that I really would like to see!

Sorry you will just have to imagine him being a Senator
    the story is over.:_|

Thanks for reading@};-[:D]

Obi-wan opened the door and as soon as he did he felt the force flowing with contentment and joy, he looked at the two beings standing near the window on the other side of the room.

His whole body quivered with happiness, and he just stared at the sight before him.
    As the door opened and Obi-wan walked in Qui-Gon and Yoda turned around towards him.

?Obi-wan my child Oh Obi-wan? Qui-Gon said as he rushed towards the youth.
    ?Master? Obi cried as he ran towards Qui-Gon, they met in the middle and Obi catapulted himself into Qui-Gons outstretched arms.
    No more words were necessary, they just hugged one another for what seemed like eons.

Qui-Gon reached out with his senses checking him for injury, he was relieved to find that Obi-wan was safe and healthy.

Yoda hobbled over and placed a hand on the boys leg. ?Good to see you youngling? he said.
    Obi looked down and said ?Master Yoda I am so happy you came for me?

?Go to the end of the galaxy to find you we would? Yoda stated as he nodded.

They sat and listened to Obi-wans tale of the hooded man and when he started talking about Xanatos, Qui-Gon couldn?t help but notice the name he used ?Xani?
    It had been a pet name that Qui-Gon had used when Xani had been a Padawan, and it brought back painful memories, for Qui-Gon.

?Obi-wan? Where is Xanatos?? Master Yoda asked.
    Obi-wan looked around wondering the same thing.

?He said he wouldn?t be long, he said he had to do something first.? Obi answered.
    Qui-Gon stood up ?I think we should find him?? he said as he started to walk towards the door.

?No need to look any further Master Jinn as you can see I am right here?.

Qui-Gon spun around and standing on the Balcony stood the black robed figure of Xanatos.

?Xanatos? it was all Qui-Gon could say.
    ?Yes it is me Qui-Gon It has been a long time has it not?
    Qui-Gon winced at the memories.

Qui-Gon was confused, he was angry, and irritated by Xani?s smiling face as though he had done nothing wrong, but then again he felt relieved, and felt himself wanting to thank Xanatos.
    But his stubborn nature fought his feelings of relief, and instead of showing gratitude to Xanatos he said.

?Why did you bring Obi-wan here, and not return him to the Temple?? Qui-Gon asked.

?I told you the reason Qui-Gon, the Temple wasn?t a safe place for Obi-wan, and now that you have solved that problem it is safe for him to go back?. Xani answered knowing Qui-Gon was trying to project that Jedi calm, but Xanatos knew it was not working, he could feel the mixed emotions radiating from Qui-Gon.

?If you knew where the hooded man was keeping Obi-wan why didn?t you tell us, instead of kidnapping him?. Qui-Gon stated.

?Kidnap!?

?You are so blind Qui-Gon!, if I hadn?t

20. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    congratulations on completing another wonderful story! i loved every chapter of it!
    this last one wrapped the whole thing up perfectly! it was nice to see qui and xani shake hands at the end. and i had a good laugh at when obi told them the dark side moves he learned..
    part of me your next story will be a another sequel to this, because i'm quite curious about what will become of xani, but i know that whatever you decide to write will be another fantastic read!
    thank you for the pms and if you'd pm me when you start your next story i would appreciate it!
    [:D]

21. kenobiwanobi

Jun 26, 2005
    Great job I am so proud of how well you have come to write! You truly have an amazing talent for creating masterpieces. I enjoyed this piece very much and I appreciate the PMs. Thank you for a wonderful story that delighted many of my days.And, CONGRATULAITONS on a job very well done.

22. LilQui-Gon

Jul 29, 2004
    Well GK you did it again! Another great story is finished. Xanatos had me worried, he still gave me the creeps. [face_worried]

Thanks for keeping us entertained! [face_love] @};- [:D] [face_love] @};- [:D]

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

obi_webb Thank You. . I thought I might write something with Xanatos later a sort of sequel[face_devil]
    But I haven't started writing it and I wont
    post a story till it is finished.:-B
    So it may be a while down the track, but I have several others ready to go.[face_dancing]
    I really appreciate your reviews thanks a million[:D]

kenobiwanobi Thank you [face_love]
    You inspire me to write with your wonderful replies. I am glad you enjoyed it[:D]

LilQui-Gon Thank you my friend I love writing knowing that you are reading.[:D]
    Xanatos was hard to write as there is not much info on him being a good guy[face_laugh]

24. Star_Drifter

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Obi-wan? ?my child? Oh Obi-wan? Qui-Gon said as he rushed towards the youth.
    ?Master? Obi cried as he ran towards Qui-Gon, they met in the middle and Obi catapulted himself into Qui-Gons outstretched arms.
    No more words were necessary, they just hugged one another for what seemed like eons.

*joins in group hug* [:D]

On Xani?s ship Selena was listening to Xanatos's plan to become a Senator.
    ?But will they allow you to become a Senator knowing that you have been in Prison? she asked.
    ?It matters not what I did in the Past, only how much money I can inject into their cause. They are a mercenary bunch whose decisions are determined by credits.
    ?My Father was heavily involved in Politics and quite a few Senators were close associates of his.
    I will just call in a few favours, some of these Senators are not as innocent as they portray.

[face_batting] Really? Now that's a surprise! ;)

Qui-Gon couldn?t help but smile at the boy, and thought The first thing I will do when we arrive at the Temple is to officially make this fine young boy my apprentice.

What a wonderful ending, GK! :D

I have a feeling that Obi-Wan is going to need everything Xanatos taught him! [face_laugh]

Thanks for another wonderful story, my friend! [:D]

Star

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Star_Drifter You are most welcome my friend

I always look forward to your comments
    There is always an underlying Sith waiting to
    pounce.:D
    I must write an evil Obi just for you![face_devil]

@};- [:D]

Thread Status: