main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Kill Bill Volume 1

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by chickey, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    Wow, this movie was amazing. I lie in wait for volume 2.

Amazing camera work, wonderful casting, and so artful in the cinametography.

Way to go Quentin Tarantino.

2. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    DAMN IT!!!
    I HATE UMA THURMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH.... I DONT WANNA SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!

DONT SING ITS PRAISES!!
    *cries like a little girl the skinned her knee*

3. Darth_Rinku

Darth_Rinku Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2003
    Yeah I saw it last night too, and loved it. It seems everything Quentin Tarantino does turns to gold,
    in my book at least. I also can't wait for part two. What is the actual date set for Vol. 2?
    Well I better go to sleep now, or else I won't make it to the meeting, again.

4. Tobar

Tobar Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2002
    I overheard last night that the second part comes out in Febuary. I saw it last night as well.....man that was good.

5. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    Reaper, I too don't care for Uma Thurman, but in this movie, she does kick some serious butt.

6. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    Just seen it today. It was freakin awesome!

7. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    You know what, maybe I'm a bit prejudice but I have trouble seeing anyone in that yellow jumpsuit but Bruce. Also, why is it that Uma was used for the lead? Could he not have used Michelle Yeoh?

8. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    I see what your sayin Chewie, but its not the same suit Bruce wore- just similar. He was just paying homage to ol' Bruce.

Im not sure why he went with Thurman (she did an excellent job BTW). It seems as if though he likes using the same actors in all his films. Michael Maddsen was in this flick as well. Go figure.

9. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    In the KROQ interview he talked about coming up with this story and some initial script pages and discussing it with Uma on the Pulp Fiction set. She ran into him later and mentioned it and that's when he decided to go ahead and restart the project/idea.

I actually like Uma, especially in Gattaca. Want to see Kill Bill, just haven't gotten around to it yet...

10. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    uma rocked. plus it's fun to say her name. try it!

oooooooma. oooooooooooo-ma.

after a while it starts sounding like obi-wan shutting down the death star's shield generator.

was i the only one giggling feverishly and cheering on every act of ultraviolence?

11. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    i'd say gattaca is the only thing I didn't hate uma in. I just really don't like her.

and I'm a big martial arts movie fan, so when I see the previews for this all I think is "ripoff ripoff ripoff," I just can't help it. I will not see this movie in the theater unless someone else pays (or I have a really beautiful girl wanting to go see it, but when it comes to that the movie really doesn't matter).

I'm not a *huge* tarantino buff, but I like his work so far...but this...I dunno...it just looks like crap to me *shrug*. Maybe I'll be wrong.

12. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I saw this opening night. Tarantino is a god. He is the best director eeeeeeeeeeeeever.

So you might not wanna even hear my opinion. It might be a litle biased. If Tarantino made a 12 minute short film about some guy on the toilet I'd probably love it.

But othewr then all that I loved Kill Bill. BTW the date for vol. 2 is February 20th.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 isn't Tarantino's best. IMO, that's Reservoir Dogs. Most people would say Pulp Fiction, and I love Pulp Fiction, but I like Reservoir Dogs better.

But Kill Bill was great. The Anime was great. The acting was great. The story was great. The camerawork was great. It was all great.

I especially liked the Sake argument.

Did anyone notice Tarantino's tie ins with his other movies?

13. Darth_Vorpel

Darth_Vorpel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    Si...esta pelicila es muy buena.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.