main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Kill Bill Volume I and II Discussion

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I do. I so saw it coming though. I liked the first fight the best. With V.A. Fox. The whole knife thing was great.

2. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i just got back from seeing vol 2 again. as soon as it ended i wished i had 2 more hours to watch it again. i cant get enough. my favorite duel in vol 1 is probably the o-ren fight. i like the go-go fight too, and its longer, but the fight with o-ren is just amazing.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    2 is that good Zuck? I look forward to Saturday.

4. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    its even better. words cannot describe how awesome it is and how much i love it. i cant wait to see it again, hopefully i will be able to see it this weekend again

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Man, I can't wait to see this one!!!! :D

6. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    just saw it. uesome

I loved the whole training part with Pai Mei (sp?)

Bill's house was so nice. I'm actually thinking about becoming an assasin so I can have a house like that.

I also liked when they showed how Elle lost her eye. Very funny.

I know this is choppy, but can't talk about specific stuff that happened yet.

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, I heard the Pai Mei training was great, I saw in the preview that he stood in the Bride's sword as she lunged at him. :eek:

Well, I won't be seeing it today, because my friend decided to go to his Junior Prom instead of the movie and not tell me until last night when I was making plans... Got his priorities mixed up.. ;)Typical though. Dajuan, you remember Ted, the guy I brought to the meeting that was a tad bit annoying? That's the guy I'm talking about. Yes, he's definitely marching by himself this coming weekend at Faire. :D

Saturday looks like the time when I'm going to see it now, after Faire is over for the day. Hopefully!

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I remember him. He seemed nice.... Though you know about what happens after prom (usually). Most guys would have made the same choice. I'm seeing it Saturday too, so you're in good company. You could always see it alone.

9. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i just saw it for the third time. and im going again with someone else tommorow. i freakin love that movie so much

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well I saw it. I dunno, I liked the first one better. I can't believe her name. We knew it the whole time. I was wrong in my guess that it starts with a "D". Beatrix Kiddo, who knew!!

I liked the fights of the first one better, but the whole Elle thing and Pai Mei was cool. The coffin scene. Maaaaa, I would have lost it. Claustrophobic (sp?)[I am. And the black mamba, how fitting. It was her code name.

Now I want to rent the first one again. This might be a purchased movie, not sure yet. Well highlight the black things to see the spoilers/discussion. I might suggest discussing 2 the same way for the rest of you ;)

11. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    in the first movie her name was printed on her tickets to okinawa and tokyo. that was pretty cool

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I never noticed that!

13. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    The coffin scene was so well done. The sound editing in that part was just amazing. I mean, you seriously felt like you were in there with her.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, that was so scary. It's one of my biggest fears. The rock salt in the boobs. OUCH!! Don't know how you'd heal that. I was a little bummed the kill music wasn't in there more. I loved that music.

15. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i liked the way the coffin scene looked. it was grayish or whatever. just the way the screen and color looked was enough to make you feel claustraphobic

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I saw the movie Sat. after the Faire meeting. Wow. That was an awesome movie. The greatest ending to a movie I have seen in a long time. Great acting by everyone in the entire movie. I will post more of my opinions once I have time. ;)

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    OK, here's my spiel. SPOILERS PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR:

The Training with Pai Mei was very cool, and VERY funny! The way he threw his beard back when he was pleased or making an important decision, etc., it was really funny. The camera work was just like that of the old martial art movies, the zooming in towards the face, extreme closeup, lighting, distortion, etc. Great filmwork.

Also, the snake in Budd's money bag was very surprising. I knew something was in there, but it kind of jumped out at you. Ted jumped in his seat, I won't let him forget that!! LOL!! Also, I loved the humor that Elle put in her role as Budd was dying. "Now you should listen to this cause this concerns you." LOL!

Also, Bill's character was also very witty. When you first saw the bride walk into the room, you almost thought for an instant that maybe she would kill Bill, but then you knew she would anyway with the glare that she gave Bill. **Chills** Her kid was hilarious!! "Can we watch Shogun Showdown" or something like that. That cracked me up.

But I thought the ending was the best ending the movie could have had. It was actually happy! She got her kid back! Very cool. I liked at the end with the credits it put by her name "aka Mom".

Not as much swordfights, but the story really pulled you in. Very great conclusion to an awesome story. I'd give it a great big 10 out of 10 stars. I kind of liked the first part though, more swordfights. ;)

18. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i just got back from seeing it for the fourth time. i tell you what, it gets better every time. the last chapter is absolutely amazing (so is the rest but you know what i mean)

the little girl who played the brides daughter is absolutely adorable. when bill says that beatrix would have been proud because bb didnt lie, the look on her face was prceless! [face_laugh]

19. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    4 times!! Geez! The most times I've seen a single movie in theaters was Pirates of the Caribbean, which I saw 3 times.

20. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i'll probably see it more times, i love it. speaking of which, i just made a kill bill forum on ezboard. i did it yesterday so nobody is there yet, you all should check it out

board

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think I saw AotC like 8, on two continents I might add. Dunno if Kill Bill was 4 times worthy though, 2 yes, 4 nah.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, I don't know if I could watch it 4 times at the theater. Kill Bill I, if I saw that at the theaters, I would want to see it a bunch. I only saw ROTK once, and I had wanted to see it again, but I don't like going to the movies by myself, and me without a g/f or anything... :( ;)

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm fine with going to the theater by myself, I just didn't have time to see RotK more than once. I really wanted to though.

24. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i almost prefer to see movies by myself, its more fun

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Nah, I like going with someone else. That way, you have someone to talk to before and after the movie. If something funny happens in the theater or in the movie, you can both laugh about it later. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.