main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Killer Instinct 2013

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ezio Skywalker, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

This game just deserves a thread. It is a phenomenal fighter and I've become as addicted to it as I was to the SNES version way back in the day. I honestly had no idea that this game even existed until I got an Xbox One for Christmas and saw an ad for the free version. Definitely the best X1 launch title I've played.

Coming next month: Story mode (which will transform this game from a reboot to the third part in the series, I presume) and--just as exciting--FULGORE!

2. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Okay, so the big Killer Instinct update (the last update of Season 1) was delayed due to Amazon buying Double Helix (KI3's developer) and leaving Microsoft scrambling to find a replacement developer.

Late last night, however, the MS KI Team released the update everyone has been waiting for. Killer Instinct 3 Season 1 is now complete and includes Fulgore, a new arena, Arcade Mode, and Online Lobbies. Season 2 has also been confirmed.

This game is still pretty awesome and keeps getting better. I hope Mortal Kombat 10 can be somewhat similar, as I can't imagine going back to the slow combat style of previous Mortal Kombats. The insanely fast pace in KI3 makes for intense match after intense match.

The only recurring source of frustration I have is my intermittent inability to break combos consistently, thereby leaving me to occasionally act as my opponent's punching bag as they slam 20+ hits into my virtual flesh.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll have to update the game at some point. I do like it, even if I'm rubbish at it. I have the 'Day One' XBL Gold membership so I got the bonus character with that. I don't think any fighter has had a better story mode than Soul Blade. Each character had their own story, which had unlockable weapons and stuff. It was really good.

4. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Mortal Kombat 9's story received much praise.

KI3 is a hard challenge on Live, I'll grant, but practice does make perfect :p

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've never played it on Live, just on my own.