main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Kind of new here

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by wundermutt, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wundermutt

wundermutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    Hi all, new to the OFF (having never attended a meeting or anything that would cause me to leave the house or anything like that), but i know a couple of people in OFF and figured i'd log on and see what all the talk is about. so HI!!

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Well there goes the neighborhood.

3. wundermutt

Sep 22, 2003
    dude, the neighborhood was like this when i got here. i had nothing to do with it officer!

4. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Watch yourself. This place can be a little rough.

Welcome to the OFF.

5. Rhi-Lan

Rhi-Lan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey! Welcome to the Force! Check on threads for the next meeting. Hope to see you there. The inauguration vids are kind of tough to get through so be prepared. (Bravest little... damn you people!)

6. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Oh, and who can forget that timeless classic... "Where there's a whip! There's a way!" Welcome aboard, but I must ask that you let us all know which will be your first Fan Force meeting... so that we can skip it (shudder). Good luck to you. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

Welcome, young Wundermutt . . . I have been expecting you. I'm looking forward to completing your training, and in time you will call ME "Master."

Seriously, though, welcome aboard! It's always nice to have a new FNG to pick on, and as long as you can avoid the verbal "seismic charges" that our group willfully intersperses into dialogues and meetings (yes, I'm getting better at it! =P ) in an effort to destroy any shreds of self-esteem that poke their way to the surface, you'll do just fine. It may take a while, but you can do it, and if not, then TFB.

No one in our group is weirder than me. And I can prove it! (C'mon everybody, I KNOW you can take your best shots at THAT one! (It's hanging right over the plate, screaming "Hit me into the upper deck, baby!")

Looking forward to skipping the next meetin--I mean, ATTENDING the next meeting to meet you in person. Again, welcome to the OFF, and also greetings and salutations!

CHRIS
    a.k.a. Darth Tharon, Apprentice Sith Lord

8. wundermutt

Sep 22, 2003
    ohh, this is about the bilbo baggins thing isn't it? don't worry.... i have a copy myself.... i've even seen shatner singing 'lucy in the skies with diamonds'... nothing can scare me now.

9. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    The Force is strong with this one.....

10. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Great, you said the one phrase guaranteed to challenge Jeff to look for & find something truly unspeakable for the next meeting. Well, if we have to suffer for this you better show up. Sarcasm and a sense of humor are mandatory for all OFF meetings. See you there.

11. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Ahhhh. Hmmmm. Anybody have a copy of the holiday special? *cackles*

12. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Thanks for reminding me, Sarah. I'll be bringing that for you on Sunday, Wundermutt.

13. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Attention Sarah!!! Put you hands up & step away from the fresh meat!!!

Just kidding, Sarah. You know we love you ;)

14. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

Wundermutt, just out of sheer morbid curiosity, did you happen to select your TFN handle on the basis of Mr. Shoop's (Mark Harmon's character) dog of the same name in the great 1987 film Summer School?

That would be cool!

15. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I would've gone with Chainsaw myself. I just wish at least one of my summer school classes had been like that. Can't go wrong with a hot Italian chick.

16. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

Craig, you DA MAN. EXCELLENTcall. I overlooked Fabiana Udenio being in that show, and Chainsaw (also Dave, but Chainsaw had the way cooler nickname) was definitely the coolest guy in the show.

I need to get one of those cool lopped-off hands attached to handcuffs that buzzes like an alarm clock to wake you up in the morning. That thing was COOL!

17. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    That was back when Kirsty Alley was hot- before those stupid Pier One commercials. Now she just looks like hell.

18. wundermutt

Sep 22, 2003
    nah, it's an old nickname.

19. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Who? Me? *innocent look*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.