main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KING KONG. Original vs. remake 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jack1138, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    OK as a disclaimer I read through all 5 pages here and did not see this per say.
    I view this more as fantasy than sci-fi but if locking must be done then well OK.

I had the chance to see King Kong 2005 today and I was blown away! It was really good. I felt that Peter Jackson really did an outstanding job. I felt alot of emotions while watching this film.

As a side note, My mom wanted to visit me and wanted to see a movie seeing as my dad hates the cineplex. She knows the original quite well.

I have seen the original and I thought it was cool. It was like the "star wars" of that era in cinema. It had never been seen before. Funny to look back on nowdays if you have not seen it.

As the verdict of original vs. remake,

I love them both for what they are. This latest one by Peter Jackson just pwned. I so loved this flick. You got alot of eye-candy with the effects but the story of Kong was just so cool. I cannot wait for DVD. Jack Black was great in that role as Carl Denham. Incredible. :)

Now I am left with a question. Is Peter Jackson capable of making a film that is UNDER 3 hours? :p

I loved the film. What did you cats think?

O:)

Bam.

Feel free to repost this in there. :)

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I really didn't care for it that much. Kong as a story never really grabbed. Not the 33. Not the 76 and not the 05. Glad you enjoyed it.

And Jackson can't go under 175 minutes either. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.