main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [King Kong] Visiting Kong - A Missing Scene Vignette

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Darth Muis, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Title: Visiting Kong
    Author: Darth Muis
    Fandom: Peter Jackson's King Kong
    Characters: Ann Darrow, Kong and OC's
    Keywords: Missing Scene, Drama, Angst?
    Summary: Ann Darrow visits Kong and comes to a decision.
    Notes: I was watching Peter Jackson's King Kong on Dutch TV two nights ago and I got visited by a plot bunny. This is the result, my first Non Star Wars Fan Fiction, ever! Special thanks to Trika_Kenobi for beta-ing!

Visiting Kong

It had been three weeks since her return from Skull Island and Ann Darrow's wounds had healed fine. At least the physical ones.

She brushed the snow off her long overcoat and it started melting almost as soon as it hit the floor. Was it just her or was it really hot in here? They must keep it warm in here for him...

?Miss Darrow?? A middle-aged man wearing a long white labcoat had appeared in front of her. ?We've been expecting you. Can I take your coat??

Ann took off her coat and hat and handed them to him. ?Yes, thank you.?

After the man was done hanging up her coat he extended his right hand. ?Let me introduce myself. I'm Doctor Landsman.? There was a slight hint of a Yiddish accent to his voice and Ann found his appearance was far from unpleasant.

?Nice to meet you, Doctor.? Ann took his hand in hers, shook it and gave the doctor one of her trademark smiles. If there was one thing she had learned from acting, it was how to turn on the charm.

?Mister Denham sends his regards. Please follow me.?

Denham. That name sparked mixed feelings in Ann's mind. Sure, the man had been part of the expedition to rescue her when she had been lost in Skull Island's prehistoric jungle, but she felt he only did it so he could get some footage of the ape. He went home with a lot more. A lot more.

And now Denham was offering her amazing amounts of money to perform with the ape on Broadway. Less than a year ago, she would've jumped at the opportunity to be on Broadway, money or not, but things had changed.

They passed through several rooms before they came to a room with a big iron door on the far end, guarded by two policemen holding Tommy Guns vertically across their chests.

?Now, Miss Darrow.? The doctor stopped and turned around to face Ann. ?Are you sure you want to go through with this??

?I'm quite sure, Doctor.? She gave him another one of her smiles and Doctor Landsman replied in kind.

?You see,? he continued, ?as a rule of thumb we try not too arouse him too much. We keep him sedated, but, needless to say, it takes a lot of tranquilizer.?

?I understand, Doctor.?

Doctor Landsman looked down at the floor, nodded to himself, sighed and then looked back up at Ann. ?All right. Please wait here.? He walked over to the policemen and they had a quiet exchange of words.

Ann looked around the room. It had an arched ceiling with exposed beams high over her head. Despite this, it wasn't a very large room and it seemed like the wall with the door was a recent addition. She had heard that before it was used for its current purpose it had been some kind of factory, but it had been abandoned for quite some time.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the doctor waving her over. ?Miss Darrow?? She walked over to him as the policemen started opening the heavy iron door. ?I understand he's asleep. I would advise you to try not to wake him.?

Ann hardly heard the Doctor as all her attention was on the door that slowly started to give way. Inside she caught her first glimpse of... of him. A paw. Or was it something else? It was quite hard to make out in the dim lighting.

?These officers and I will accompany you in. Mister Denham's wishes.?

?That's all right.? It didn't matter to her at this point, she just wanted to get in there. How she had gotten Denham to even agree to this was beyond her. She had said that she would think about his offer, but only if she could get to see the ape. Denham had agreed instantly. He was getting desperate...

She stepped into the room and the smell immediately transported her back to Skull Island.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Great job venturing out of the usual SW fanfiction, Muis! I'm not a King Kong fan or anything, even downright hated the Peter Jackson movie, but this scene really has all the ingredients to make me feel for the big guy. I understand what dear Ann is feeling, for sure. Awesome work! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.