main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV king kong

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Luminara_Jade, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    so jack black, adrian brody and naomi watts are going to be staring in this remake. who doesn't really care?

2. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    for all you boys who are into her...

v for vendetta is a natalie portman movie that is coming out this fall. its directed by the wachowski brothers. this might be interesting...its about an alternate universe in which germany won the second world war. v is a terrorist group that natalie portman will be in. her character is a former secret policewoman.

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    V for Vendetta is a great comic, lets hope the movie does it justice. As for King Kong, I might have been interested but that casting tells me it isnt serious so no thanks.

4. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    seriously. that was about how i felt about it.

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well I'm a big Jack Black fan and a big Peter Jackson fan so I will definitely be seeing King Kong. I remember seeing it on the big screen at a drive-in a long time ago.

6. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    yeah, but jack black in king kong? woah.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Maybe he's playing King Kong.

8. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Is it some sort of comedy?

9. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    not sure...maybe...i don't recall any other movies that jack black has made that weren't comedys...maybe he has..?

10. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    There are lots of movies that Jack Black was in that weren't comedies. Like Waterworld, Demolition Man, Dead Man Walking, The Jackal, Enemy of the State, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Cradle Will Rock, Crossworlds, The Neverending Story 3, and his first film, Marked for Murder. So as you can see, Jack Black is a very serious actor and also a very serious musician.

11. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i've only seen from that list The Jackal and Enemy of the State and i dont even remember him... :/
    ...hm...apparently i need to catch up on my jack black movies...

12. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I highly recommend "Envy". I thought that that movie was very well done, and unfortunately under rated. For anyone that hasn't seen the film or has seen it and didn't like it, give "Envy" a shot or two. You may enjoy it!

"Can you believe that syrup comes from trees!" -Jack Black/Envy

13. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i've seen it. it was pretty funny. i liked the part about the horse.

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    All of you need a 12 step program for watching less movies or something...

15. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    are you kidding? what else am i going to do?

16. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Jack Black was techie Marshallesque guy in Enemy of the State and one of his best lines was when he was talking about how Satellites only have one point of view from space, which is straight down, and so the camera hypothesizes the other angles...one of the marine guys says "Isn't that kind of limited?" and Jack Black is all "Why don't you invent a better one, genuis...." or something to that effect....it was funny, but Seth Green was the best tech guy in Enemy of the State.....

-fin-

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    what else? read for one. read books, read comic books. I can guarntee that all comic books are better than the movies they are based on, all of them, no exceptions. You want good books to read I can recommend quite a few.

Roleplay, definitely not enough roleplaying.

Videogames, videogames are the spice of life and Im not talking worm dung either, though that would be cool.

Have everyone you know constantly ask for you to look at their PC or work on a website for them, wait, nevermind that one.

BTW how many times do you people watch the same movie, I watched enemy of the state and I remember liking it but I dont remember anything about it really.

start collecting something, thats always fun.

18. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Seth Green was an even better tech guy in The Italian Job

19. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    alright axia, if you reeeeeally want to get into it.... video games are not a better pastime than watching movies. i love video games, but not more than movies. books are also a great pastime, but i already do that. i read massive amounts of books. as for collecting something. i do. books. and as far as roleplaying. yeah. i do that too. comics are too expensive and i already read books...and if i want to read comics i do it online. yeah. so...that being said. movies rock. so does music. and internet. i am done. i think.

20. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Im afraid that videogames blow watching movies out of the water, first of all they are interactive, you are actually DOING something instead of listening to brain cells die by the millions. For the most part there is maybe one, possibly two good movies that come out a year. Most are a painful waste of time and money. (I keep hoping though...) However there are anywhere from 6 to a dozen good videogames a year, and Im talking the really good games. Im not even including the good to fair games.

But thats just me. Movies seem to get worse and worse and more formulatic and the years beat me down into my grave and videogames just seem to get better.

I like music but theres very few new bands that I like (man Im mr negativity) and I cnat just sit there and listen to music, 99% of my music listening happens in the car and only if its the CD player becuase all they do is play comercials in the morning and early evening (To and from work) and the DJs never SHUT THE HELL UP!

21. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    yeah. um...i generally like whatever movie i watch with exception of the really terrible ones. you're just to critical. :p i also like most video games i play. but i tend to seldom finnish any game that i have started. i get tired of looking at the tv screen.

22. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I dont see myself as critical, maybe its becuase Im a writer but I just dont enjoy slapped together stories. Take the difference bewteen X2 and Elektra. Even if you liked Elextra is does not stack up to X2 as far as the writing is concerned.

23. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I just saw scanners again after not seeing it for 20 years....

It rocked! especially the very beginning where the guy's head explodes. Makes you think it can happen again at any time. stressed this one girl out who was watching it with us. heh..movies dont do that anymore.

24. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I just watched the live action version of an Anime known as Cutey Honey, wow what a piece of garbage, loved every minute of it.

25. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I do collect things.... I collect movies.... and season collections of tv shows.... the thing about movies is this, when I was growing up both my parents worked about 50 hours a week....when they got home, or had any down time they didn't want to do much but sit around....hence.....we watched a MILLION movies...... that's where my vast store of movie knowledge comes from, and once I like a movie I will watch it over and over and over and over and....well....over......because it's enjoyable for me......

....and I do read.... ALOT..... I also collect books.....

so there....

-fin-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.