So NV king kong

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Luminara_Jade, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Well my wife and I went to go see a movie last night. Mostly becuase I wanted to see this movie anyway and after coming out of Elektra I felt we should have gone to see this one instead.

We saw House of the Flying Daggers. What a great movie. Perhaps I should just watch movies from the orient from now on. Anywho, I recomend this movie. Story is good, the acting is good, visual presentation is top notch, cinematography was good as well especially for some non-traditional choices that weren't reflecting symbolism like those in Hero. There were some symbolistic visual choices as well but you get my meaning.

Also some of the most interesting use of bullet-time-esque photography in a while.

But one of the most stand out features in this movie at least for me was the sound, the sound effects and just overall sound quality in this film was phenomenal. Go see it.
  2. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Is this like Crouching Tiger?
  3. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    like?

Ummm it was filmed in the Orient
    It has Swords
    it has Ziyi Zhang in it

What do you mean?
  4. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    like way over the top stunts like people flying through the air and dancing around on thin twigs at the tops of trees and so on and so forth...
  5. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    You mean like Jedi leaping off of a dias to and arena several stories below while on fire and deflecting weaponry moving at the speed of light to land safely below? That kind of over the top? :D

Sorry couldnt resist. There is a small amount of what you are talking about but most everything takes place on the ground.

Thanks for the little Twi'lek, very cool
  6. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    you're very welcome! I thought you guys might like those. With a bit of careful painting, you might have your own Axia miniature :)
  7. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    As for the movie thing, I understand what you are saying, but I am just not into stuff like Crouching Tiger. I think it was okay, but imo, not incredible. That's just me though. In terms of the type of movie it was and the genre it belongs in, it was great.
  8. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I know, just giving you a hard time.
  9. Luminara_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    well, it's not like I've ever given Axia a hard time. Especially Axia Doneeta ingame.
  11. Luminara_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
  12. MR-V1N Jedi Knight

star 1
    MD and I went to see "White Noise" on Sunday (Superbowl Day), which I couldn't care less about. I thought that that movie was great! I'm into that kind of stuff. It wasn't scary, just really enjoyable to watch!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.