main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass King Richards Faire

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WifeofVader, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Any interest in going to this?

Let's pick a date and make it happen!

http://kingrichardsfaire.net/

2. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    That one's a bit too expensive for me. I would like to go one of these years.

3. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    Never been there myself . How is it?

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I can't believe they get $25 for a ticket now. unbelievable.

That said, I LOVE King Richards Faire. A buddy of mine back in college took me once and from then on I was hooked. We used to go 3 times a year and get all dressed up in our renaissance/woodsman outfits compete with bows and swords. I've been thinking about taking the kids, but i think it may be a bit over my 3 year-olds head.

I'm sure my son would love it though.

5. sithkeith1701

Mar 11, 2008
    I think I will try to become a first timer there. I will even try to get the kids there too!! I read the website , I think they will like it. I HOPE..... I used to know a guy who used to show up at a bar dressed in his medieval outfit after leaving the fair..... I guess he was one of the actors there... It was pretty cool....

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    He could have been, but he also may have been someone who attended it dressed. Back when I used to go regularly, there were quite a bit non-actors who would go in full attire. It's kind of like a SW convention...from about 500 years ago. ;)

My buddy and I had always talked about going in Jedi garb but we were afraid we'd be cast out as warlocks. ;)

7. sithkeith1701

Mar 11, 2008
    I dont find that too much of a bad idea..... LOL
    If I had the outfits, I would definitely go dressed up as a Jedi, or even a Sith Lord..... LOL

Its little things like that that I have always wanted to try....

8. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    I got a memo from work yesterday that we have a limited number of discounted tickets to the Faire. Has to be used this weekend or next. I can get them for $14 according to the memo. They're mostly for the Individuals we support, but the memo stated some have been put aside for staff and their family/friends. No idea how many I can get, but let me know if anyone's interested.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Wow, that's a pretty significant discount. Too bad I'm already booked solid each of the next 3 weekends or I'd take you up on that offer.

10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I know the number is a bit high, but if we can get 25 people together, we can get a group rate: $21 per person.

11. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    I'd rather go with the $14 tickets from my office, especially since it's probably unrealistic to get 25 people together for the group rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.