main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Kingdom Hearts] Moments in Time - One-Shots - Update 9/27

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by C1-J2, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Title: Moments in Time
    Author: C1-J2
    Genre: Any and all
    Summary: It's just a series of one-shots based on the kh_drabble challenges
    Disclaimer: Disney and Square Enix owns Kingdom Hearts. The prompts came from a weekly (I think it's weekly) Kingdom Hearts Challenge on Livejournal. I'm not entering the competition, I'm just writing these for fun. The link can be found here.

~*~*~*~

Moments in Time

Summary: Little Sora, Riku, and Kairi on the beach. A touch of Kairi x Riku.

Challenge 1 Paopu

The gentle breeze danced through palm trees, beating in harmony with the ocean waves. Laughter echoed down the beach, reaching the ears of the most unnoticeable creatures, as the children played.

A startled cry broke the jovial game the trio had been playing. ?Riku! That wasn?t funny! You got sand in my eyes!? a spiky haired boy said, rubbing his cerulean eyes. When he removed his fist from his eye, he looked down at the older boy sitting a few feet away, sticking his lower lip out as he crossed his arms over his chest.

A soft chuckle filled the air as Riku looked at him, then a familiar smirk found its way across his lips. ?It was your fault, Sora. You didn?t catch it,? he replied, reaching over and picking up the fallen blitzball, brushing some of the wet sand off of it. ?It wouldn?t have had sand on it if you hadn?t gotten it wet, either.?

?Would too! We?re on a beach,? the seven-year-old said.

?Then don?t complain about the sand,? Riku replied easily, gazing across the horizon.

A small giggle interrupted their argument and both turned to see a small girl with long auburn hair watching them. Her blue eyes sparkled with amusement at the two boys. ?What are you two doing??

?Playing ball. Do you want to play, Kairi??

She nodded her head vigorously as she slipped her shoes off, preferring to feel the warm sand beneath her feet.

?You two can play, I don?t want to play anymore,? Sora said, walking toward the Secret Place.

?Come on, Sora! It isn?t that bad!? The pair watched as the boy crawled into the cave, leaving them alone on the beach. Riku looked over at Kairi. ?It?s just me and you . . . if you still want to play . . .?

?I do!?

In response, Riku tossed the ball to her and they began playing various games of sports and make believe. They pretended he was her knight, and she, his princess. He was forced to slay the dragon, as she cheered him on. Next the pair were traveling to other worlds, and were attacked by a band of pirates . . . the list went on. The duo played like that all afternoon, until the sun began to fall.

Kairi and Riku sat on the smaller island, beside a small paopu tree, watching the setting sun. ?We?d better get home soon.?

?Yeah,? Kairi replied, swinging her feet back and forth over the brightly colored waves. She looked up suddenly. ?Riku? What?s in that tree? You?ve never told me.?

Riku stared at her in surprise, not expecting the question. ?It?s a Paopu tree. It has Paopu fruit in it.?

?Oh.? She glanced back down at her feet, before looking up at him hopefully. ?Can I see one??

Riku gazed at her for a long while, before shrugging. ?Sure.? He walked over to the small tree and wrapped his arms around the trunk. He didn?t want to tell her that he had never climbed it before. Carefully he pulled himself up and balanced on it, before reaching up and grasping the star-shaped object. As his fingers wrapped around it, he jumped down from his perch, a triumphant grin on his face. ?Here you go.?

?Thank you.? She turned the object over in her hand, studying it carefully. ?Now what do I do with it??

Riku?s brow furrowed and he absently rubbed the back of his neck. ?I don?t know. Maybe you?re supposed to make a wish and throw it to the sea, or something.? The true meaning of the fruit had yet to be told to him.

A poorly suppressed giggle escaped the girl?s mastery, as she tried to mask it with her hand.

?What??

?Y

2. C1-J2

May 16, 2007
    Summary: Adventure calls once more, and it's time for him to leave.

~*~*~*~

Challenge 2: Call Me

The falling sun created a vast array of colors that danced across the horizon and stars were just beginning to show themselves above. Her hair blew behind her, as the object lowered itself down to the nearby sand.

His fingers were entwined with hers as two stood on the beach together, their other best friend standing close at hand, lurking in the shadows. He turned to face her, grabbing hold of her other hand, allowing both to look upon each other one last time.

?I?ll be back, I promise.? The sound of his voice was a soothing sound that enveloped her soul in warmth. It had changed so much since the first time he left. She still couldn?t believe it was just over a year ago when they first parted ? it felt like an eternity.

?I know. I just wish I could go with you.?

?Not this time, Kairi. It?s too dangerous,? he said, reaching up to stroke her cheek.

She pulled away from his touch slightly as he spoke. ?Then you shouldn?t be going, either.?

Sadly, he shook his head. ?I have to, Kairi. Riku and I are the only ones who can defeat the darkness.?

?What about King Mickey? He has a Keyblade!?

?He can?t fight alone, you know that. Just like I can?t fight alone.?

?But Sora . . .?

He gently placed a finger to her lips. ?Shh . . . No more fighting. I just want to have a few moments peace before the journey begins.?

Kairi nodded slowly in defeat as he pulled her close to him, gently wrapping his arms around her waist. She rested her head on his chest whispering, ?I?m going to miss you.?

?I?ll come back as soon as I can.? He rested his cheek on her head.

?Sora, we have to leave soon,? spoke the figure in the shadows.

?I know. Just a few more minutes, please??

?Of course.?

Sora pulled away from her and began fumbling for something in his pocket. He stared at the ground as he removed it. ?I-uh-I figured it was time I got you that Paopu fruit I owe you,? he said, placing it in her hands.

The teen gazed at the gift for a long while. ?Thank you.? She gently pressed her lips against his and the hero stood there for a moment, surprise overcoming him, before he returned it, enveloping her in his embrace.

?Sora!? a loud voice called from the Gummy Ship, as the duo finally walked down the landing ramp.

?Donald! Shh . . . Give him a moment,? a tall, gangly figure whispered loudly.

The young couple pulled apart. ?Hey Donald! Hey Goofy! We?ll be there in a second!? Sora turned back to Kairi. ?I have to go.?

She looked down at her shoes. ?I know.?

?When you need me just call me. I?ll come running this time, I promise.?

?How will you know it?s me??

He pointed to the center of his chest. ?I?ll know.?

Her face brightened as a smile found its way onto it. ?I love you.?

?I love you, too,? he responded, his cheeks turning red as he rubbed the back of his neck. Sora turned to run across the beach, where his other friends awaited.

Riku emerged from the shadows to stand beside her. ?I?ll watch over him for you. He?ll come back safe.?

?Thank you, Riku.? As Sora walked up the landing ramp, she leaned forward and gave her old friend a kiss on the cheek. ?For luck.?

Riku nodded, as he turned and walked up the ramp.

Kairi watched as the small ship took off. The journey had begun again, and she was once again left behind, but she knew he?d come running.

3. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    =D= Very nice! I think you grasped the characters great! I can see them having that dialogue! Post more please!

4. C1-J2

May 16, 2007
    TrulyGhent: Yay! [:D] Thanks, I was hoping that the characters sounded right and it's good to hear that I succeeded!

I decided I'd go ahead and post the next one. It's a little post-KH2 introspection about Riku.

~*~*~*~

Challenge 3: In Darkness

He stared out through the window towards their island. It was a place where he had always sought refuge, where he could simply be himself without anyone telling him what he should do. Even now after being away so long, he still looked for it. The stars were shining in the sky above ? a sight that seemed so unusual to him after all the lingering shadows he had come to know so well. Tonight he needed that place of safety ? not from authority now, but from himself.

He needed to run or else he would burst. He was being chased relentlessly by his past, though the demons seemed far worse during the day. Those that haunted him at night had been familiar to him for a long while; tame compared to the shadows that the light cast. He needed to get away.

He made his way to his bedroom window and opened it, before climbing outward onto the roof below his window. He dropped to the ground before breaking into a run for the sea. Kairi had told them their boats had drifted away during a storm one night while they were away, but that would not stop him from fleeing. Quickly, he slid into the cool water below, and began to swim to the nearby island. It was not far ? at least not in his opinion.

Not long after, his feet touched the sand leading up towards the shore, and he began running once more. Water splashed around him as his feet pounded against the waves like the sound of a crashing drum amidst a child?s nightly lullaby. Moisture collected on his bare arms and drenched his clothing as he finally reached the beach. Relief washed over him as he arrived, but he did not stop running. This was not the true darkness he sought; it was not what he needed. The nightly seclusion of the island may have brought silence and maybe even a little peace, but it was not good enough for one once born of darkness.

He raced across the island, passing what had once been referred to as his island. He did not stop until he reached a vine covered gap in the rock. Taking a deep breath, he dropped to his hands and knees before crawling inside the cave. When he had crept a few meters inside, he was able to stand. His eyes scanned the inside, as though searching for the shrouded man who had once overtaken this sacred place, but there was no one. Quickly, he sat down near the center, his back purposely facing the scribbled cave drawing of the girl he loved and his best friend?s promise. He knew it was there, and he did not need the woe that drawing could bring. That was not what he was here for.

This was the Secret Place. It was the place where they had hid from monsters and fought dragons during childhood. It was where promises were made and secrets kept. This was where the hero?s journey began. As much light as it had contained, it still maintained the truest darkness he could find ? both literal and figurative. The moonlight could not reach the deepest corners of this cave, enveloping it in the darkness Riku sought after. There was still the taint of Ansem here, but the deepest depths of it had been destroyed with Xemnas. This darkness was less frightening to one who had experienced the worst and bested it. The demons of Riku?s past resided here, yes, but the beatable ones.

This was a place wrought with confusion, where darkness lived, though light had prevailed. The darkness here was a friend, and one of the few he could trust to understand his burden. What Riku carried was something the Hero of Light and the Princess of Heart could never comprehend. The light was too strong in them, and abandoning that light was like leaving their best friends behind all over again to them.

His two best friends often just served as a blatant reminder of his betrayal, but that was something else they could never know. He often felt like a tarnished teacup amongst a glittering tea s

5. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    cool story you got here. depicts the characters nicely I'd say. could you PM me with any udates?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.