>>>KINGDOM HEARTS<<<< Official Discussion Thread!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah...Roxas' intro story was kinda depressing and boring, imo. Collect munny, lose munny, go here, cutscene, here, cutscene, fight strange enemies. Once Sora, Donald, and Goofy woke up, it really started to get fun.
  2. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I just made it to Port Royal also. I haven't tried out wisdom form yet? I'll have to give it a go next time I play.
  3. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Most dissapointing thing about Kingdom Hearts is that the gummi ships have nothing to do with the Gummi Bears. I mean they had a flying ship. WHY NOT HAVE ANY GUMMI BEARS?!!

Also they need Gargoyles.
  4. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    I just got to the colusseum, I really didn't like that Roxas part but the game has greatly improved since then.
  5. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I beat the game without unlocking two levels.[face_plain] I think the ending is hinting a third Kingdom Hearts and a lot of story arcs aren't wrapped up, like Maleficent and Pete's sacrafice. I was hoping the game would finish with another huge war on Hallow Bastion, but alas, no luck. The final battle is only an ioda away from being overdone ans Xenmas having two red lightsabers and Darth Maul's fighting style doesn't help.
  6. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm poised to beat the game here in the next day or two, just as soon as I find time.

I must say I wasn't impressed with the first ~5 hours of the game. However, many RPG's fail to impress me when they first get going because of the exposition having to go somewhere. But once the plot really got going, I was loving it.

Another disappointment of mine is the controll system for the menu in battles. In KH1, you could control it with the right joystick. However in this game, the right joystick controls the camera. I know that I can set it to control the menu, but then there's nothing to control the camera and since the auto-camera isn't as smart as it was in the last game, that poses a serious problem. Thus it becomes difficult to control the menu during battles where you're running away and trying to use a healing item at the same time.
  7. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I didn't really mind the Roxas beginning of the game. Did any of you guys ever the Kingdom Heart Chain of Memories game for the gameboy SP? It's funny that he faced most the Organization XIII in that game, but they wiped his memory so he didn't remember any of them.
  8. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    No, largely because card battling doesn't interest me.
  9. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    The card battling was kinda annoying, but the story was fairly decent.
  10. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm generally not interested in buting a whole new system for a single game.
  11. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    Yeah, I also hate the card battles(Hell, I hate all card battle games), but I continue for the plot.
  12. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    So I just fought this wave of 1000 Heartless. Wow...Epic...[face_hypnotized]
  13. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anyone beat Sephiroth yet? I have a stratregy, but I just keep running out of Elixirs and he will eventually Sin harvest me without one on hand.
  14. NightHunter319 Force Ghost

star 4

Same here. I'm taking a small break off of the game. But anyways, Master Form is sweet [face_hypnotized]
  15. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you have the ability for 1 hp left?
  16. Shadowknight1 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Questions for those who have beaten the game:

1) How do you unlock Sora's Final Form?

2) Why do you have to have 13 Orichalcum + in order to synthesize the Ultima Weapon when there are only 7 of them available???
  17. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5

I just beat the game, but I haven't unlocked everything. I'll go back in later and do all that stuff from my last save before the final boss. Anyway:

1. If you mean the Anti form you just have to go into the forms enough times during battle, I think. I tried going into Master form in order to whip Saix's butt and ended up getting the Anti form instead. Still kicked his butt, but it wasn't half as satisfying.

2. I dunno. Why'd the Amazing Race people have two extra pieces that didn't belong during one of the puzzle challenges? Maybe to make you think you need to do more questing than you actually need to?

And about Sephiroth: My strategy for when I do this will rest on my going to the Pride Lands peak while in critical health, spamming Mangnega with the Gullwing blade, jackpot ability, draw, and everyone else having abilities to gain more drops. Then I shall rinse and repeat till lvl. 99. Then I'll worry about what kind of strategy I need for Sephiroth.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  18. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I just beat the game with a time of around 33 hours. I haven't completed everything, but I'll get around to it sooner or later.
  19. Shadowknight1 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, the morning after I posted, I answered both my questions.

FINAL FORM: NOT the Anti-Form, this is the silver coated Sora wielding two keyblades. Apparently it first shows up like the Anti-Form, randomly. But after at least two activations, it is unlocked for use, it uses 5 drive guages, and it uses them up REALLY fast! But, it's well worth it! Be sure to use it a lot in The World That Never Was, kill NOBODIES to level it up! Heartless DO NOT COUNT!!!

Ultima Weapon: Be sure to get all the other items necessary to synthesize it, and THEN be sure to synthesize some other things, you'll gain the ability to use Energy & Bright items to HALVE the number of items needed! This is NECESSARY as there are only SEVEN total Orichalcum+ in the game, and 13 are required! You MUST have the ability to use Energy items to halve the amount, or you CANNOT make Ultima Weapon!

As for good ol' Sephiroth, so far my strategy has been to keep the bastard in the air so I can bash him several times...but it hasn't done me perfectly well, yet. :p
  20. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Silver coated Sora wielding two keyblades and whom can only level while facing Nobodies...hmm...

Sounds a bit like this could be a certain someone popping to the surface. In which case the only leveling by killing Nobodies makes a bit of sense.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  21. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, I pretty much dominated Sephiroth last night.

I was lvl. 92 and, aside from his move that drains all but one HP and all MP, I was never in trouble of losing the fight. Man, at lvl. 92 and with the abilities equipped that I had equipped...I was draining at least one to one and a half of his life-bars with every full combo I was able to dish out on him. As powerful as he is strength wise, his defense sucks. You just have to be smart and go at him at the right times, and watch out for when he drains your HP and MP all at once. All in all, while the fight was fun, I don't think it lasted nearly as long as some of the other fights. He was dispatched pretty quickly due to his low defense.

The cutscene that wrapped up the plot, right before I received the Fenril(or whatever) keyblade, was awesome though.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
  22. NightHunter319 Force Ghost

star 4
    Beat the game, it was to easy. I beat Xemnas at lvl 53 I believe, the only part that was challenging for a few seconds is when you have to take control of Riku.
  23. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Since I beat the game once already, i'm going to take my time and level up my guy, and eventually try and build the ultima keyblade.
  24. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Of course, that was my strategy in the first game, having an elixir ready to drink right after the Sin Harvest, the problem was was that I didn't have enough elixirs to cover my bases. In the end I realized the Sin Harvests weren't as scripted as I thought since if you don't let him hit you, he doesn't regain much magic. I ended up having a surpluss of three elixirs when I beat him, he barely laid a hand on me the whole fight. He wasn't easy to beat, it took me around 15 tries but the nature of the fight ensures you have to pwn him to beat him. You can't win if you've made some major mistakes.
  25. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay a suggestion to anyone who wants to level up to 99 really really fast, and has the abilities and keyblade I list, try this. It's actually very fun. If this is old news, oh well. It's still awesomely fun.

Sora: Jackpot, Draw, Experience Boost. (Add Lucky Lucky when it becomes available)

Goofy: Jackpot, Lucky Lucky (Remove all Healing capabilities)

Donald: Jackpot, Lucky Lucky. (Remove all Healing capabilities)

Give Sora the Gullwing Keyblade and head to the Pride Lands. From there, head out into the middle of the plains and just let yourself get pummled until your siren is going off. Now Dash back to Pride Rock and head into the King's Den. Make sure Sora has Magnega equipped for easy casting. Now head to the Peak, without healing, and start spamming Magnega. At first it should take two castings to kill a group of enemies, but with the sheer amount of MP orbs that will be dropped, you will have no danger of ever running out of MP. Soon, Magnega alone should start killing groups in one casting. Each trip to the peak, which reloads with flying heartless as soon as you leave, should yield a level until you reach the 80's and then it'll average 1 to 2 trips a level.

So turn the volume down, blast some music, and pwn to 99.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.