main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

>>>KINGDOM HEARTS<<<< Official Discussion Thread!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Well, I have been so busy i have not even opened the game.

Obi-wankenobiben

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I beat the game today. yay! I think it took me around 35, 36 hours. It could use a sequal, IMO. I've heard rumors there will be one.

3. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Fun fact: If you beat the game after having fulfilled these three requirements:

(1) Gathered all the dalmatians,
    (2) Sealed all the keyholes (including the one in the Hundred Acre Wood--Monstro doesn't have one), and
    (3) Won the Hades Cup,

you get a bonus ending (after the regular one), a teaser for the sequel. I've just seen it, and it's worth the effort. :)

Oh, and Katarn, if you're still stuck on Hades, here's the trick: You are damaging him. It's just that his life meter is so long that the game doesn't show it starting to go down until you've smacked him around a bit. Ditto for Sephy--who I just beat tonight, at a beefed-up Level 73 (my Sora kinda hogged all the powerups). Here's the trick: He's vulnerable, or as vulnerable as Sephy can be, to the Strike Raid maneuver. Use it whenever he gives you a minute (his fire attack, mainly), and especially use it to interrupt his Sin Harvest attack (the insta-kill move, with the red halo).

4. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Is it me or is Jane really hot?

5. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Don't go to all the effort. You can just download the bonus ending, which is what I did. :p

6. starsage56

starsage56 Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    downloading the extra movie is for cheap people and small children. i love the game, aside from the sometimes finiky camera, it is the most fun ive had with a game in a very long time.

7. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well for what it's worth, I tried, but...

1. I couldn't beat the Hades cup. I got up to Hades.
    2. I actually did find all the Dalmations.
    3. I couldn't seal the Hundred Acre Wood cause I was missing a page or two that I just couldn't find! I think it may have been the one in Monstro, and I just couldn't get the darn whale to appear.

I deserved to see the extra ending! I worked hard!!! The lazy part, I was just joking about it.

8. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    Monstro will show up eventually; you just have keep coming back.

By the way, if you ever take the time to build up a really nice Gummi ship, it's actually kinda fun to start blasting everything at top speed (although it has no bearing at all on the rest of the game).

9. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I tried soooo many times, he seems to be gone.

10. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    So there is going to be a sequel for this game?

11. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    All I've heard is rumors, although the secret ending does seem to suggest a sequal.

12. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    Hmm... have you tried approaching Monstro without the warp drive?

13. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yes, I did.

14. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    Dang! Dang! Dang! Why can't they just make games that work on all systems. It'd be so much better for us folks who only have Xbox's. But maybe somewhere down the line, they'll release it for the xbox, please? C'mon....do it for me?

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Probably not... right now Square is only making games for Sony systems and Nintendo systems.

16. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm thinking of buying Kingdom Hearts now, I tend to be late on picking up on these great games that aren't too mainstream.

17. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Actually, I hadn't played Kingdom Hearts in forever. I was in the mood yesterday, and played all day! 8-} I went back to Traverse Town and leveled everyone up, came back to Olympus, and FINALLY beat Cerberus! :D :D :D Yay me! 8-} I've also beaten the Deep Jungle, and the Phil Cup over at Olympus. I'm now up to Agrabah. I got there late last night, so I haven't explored much of it. I can hardly wait to get home today and play some more! :D I've become addicted to this game again. 8-}

JPK

18. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    For those of you that haven't beat Kingdom Hearts (like myself) yet, but still wish to see the secret ending after the credits roll.....................go pick up the latest edition of PSM (Playstation Magazine). It provides a DVD with tons of footage from other video game. It has a special video of the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts on it (possibly meaning a Kingdom Hearts 2.

Don't worry, if you haven't beaten Kingdom Heart yet, the secret ending after the credit doesn't spoil the game for you at all. So I hope you all enjoy it. I checked it out yesterday and it looks amazing. It's a short cinema seen that'll tak eyour break away. Definitly pick up the newest issue of PSM to check it out. The DVD alone is worth it.

19. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
  20. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Awesome, a KH thread. :) I've enjoyed the game a lot so far. Like many others, I was initially turned off by all the Disney stuff, but a lot of it now is reminding me of my childhood (I LOVE that the fairy godmother is in it, as Cinderella has always been my favorite). I'm stuck on the giant Ursula right now, though. So it's kinda bleh for the moment. I'm trying to hit her in the back of her head, but it's almost as if I can't get back there. Guess I'll have to try using more magic, hitting her doesn't seem too effective. Any tips?

21. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, it takes a few tries to get the trick down of getting behind her head, but his was the easiest way for me to beat the 2nd Ursula, IMHO. The behind the head tactic is the key to a few more bosses you'll come across as the game progresses, but the others aren't quite as tricky.

I keep meaning to play through this game again picking different attributes and answering the questions on Destiny Islands differently, but I've been playing Jedi Starfighter lately.

I think this is a great game and I think more people would love it if they didn't dismiss it as too "kiddie" or come to it expecting FF.

22. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yes, I'm stuck on the 2nd Ursula also. Well, actually, I haven't tried her yet. :p But I heard that she's a lot harder then 2nd time around, and I have problems the first time. :eek: I think I may be in trouble. :p I'll definitely have to give it a try when I get home today. :)

So, after you beat the game once, and if you wanted to go back and play through it again with different attributes and the questions answered differently, will it really make a huge change in the game? I'm just not sure. I don't know too much about these RPG's. :p

JPK

23. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    It's supposed to affect how quickly you level up and which aspects of your character gets strongest (ie defense, strength, hp,mp)

Irelied heavily on magic the first time throught, just thought it might be fun to try brute strength next time. ;)

Anyway, I thought Ursula was the toughest boss in the game (not including the "bonus" bosses that you don't need to beat to finish the game")

24. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Well, glad to know that I'm not having such a rough time with a boss that's supposed to be easy. It's like I'm swimming towards the back of her head , but hitting some sort of invisible wall. ?[face_plain] I've gotten back there a couple times (only by luck, though, I imagine). I took a break from it over the weekend, hopefully I'll be able to get past her soon.

25. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I didn't think Ursula was that hard. The hardest one for me was one of the final bosses, I can't remember which one it was though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.