main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

>>>KINGDOM HEARTS<<<< Official Discussion Thread!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Those optional bosses are a bitch and a half. I couldn't beat either of them.

2. SithShadow

SithShadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2001
    I finally got the ultima weapon, beat the hades cup (it seemed easier than the pegasus cup). I'm gonna take on the optional bosses now, even though i've heard they're harder than the final boss. I'm at level 87 and have 93 hp. I think thats the most i can have cause the hp accessories don't effect me anymore.

Its funny, about 4 months ago i had given up on Kingdom Hearts, thinking the first battle against Ursula was impossible.

3. SithShadow

SithShadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2001
    I got bored of homework so i tried to beat the game. It was easy! And i saw the special secret ending! Really got me geared up for the sequel! Could anybody read the fast text that was going by during the secret ending? i could have sworn i saw something like

POSSIBLE SPOILER!

"Your highness, you are the source of darkness!"

Maybe i'm wrong. Anyways, does anybody know the target release year/date for kingdom hearts 2?

4. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I think I liked Kingdom Hearts even better than FFX (and I liked FFX a lot).

Anyway, SithShadow, you've actually joined two quotes from the special ending together there. The "Your Highness" bit is different to the other bit. Infact, I did a bit of investigating high and low all over the internet after I beat the game and got that movie.

*SPOILERS - HIGHLIGHT TO READ*
    From what I found, it would suggest that perhaps Sora is the source of the Heartless. This doesn't really make sense to me, but it is a Square game, so who knows, right? There has been some suggestion that Riku is the cloaked figure wielding the 2 keyblades, but I noticed that Japan got a second version of KH, called KH: Final Mix (or something like that), it comes with all the extra bosses (Kurt Ziza, Phantom, Ice Giant and Sephiroth) as well as a few extra baddies (like those larger Heartless from the special ending and the players can encounter the cloaked figure too (I think it's in the same place where you fight Malificent in dragon-form), and you can also fight Sephiroth as Cloud.
    Anyway, it's been a while since I went searching for info, and since I can't read Japanese, it's not worth my while importing Final Mix.

Still, Square set the game up for sequel with a giant cliffhanger plot. There is almost no doubt that there will be a Kingdom Hearts 2, and I'm keeping an ear out for any rumours I might hear

5. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    SithShadow, I suggest fighting the optional Bosses in this order: Ice Titan, Kurt Zisa, Phantom, and finally Sephiroth.

If you want to gain the levels needed to beat Seph, you'll need to fight them first. :p I beat all except for Seph below level 85.

Syrix_Kahl: The ending was confusing...I thought that Riku was the one standing above the building wearing the blindfold, since he seems to be controlling the Heartless. But that wouldn't make sense, unless something happened to him when he got sealed within Kingdom Hearts. Whatever it was, he looks the same. I'm guessing the twin blade wielding person is a new character, although I'm unsure of why he's looking for Sora...unless he IS Riku, and Sora's standing on the tower. :p

I'm also happy that the female lead is grown up this time around, lol.

6. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    option bosses arent so hard once you know thestrategy when kurt spins horizontaly jump when he spin verticale use dodge roll
    for phantom to stop your teamates and you from dying use stop on the clock

7. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I feel so ashamed. I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in what feels like forever. I've been too addicted to FFX. :D

But I forgot about the Optional bosses. I think tonight I'll go home, level up a couple times, and see that they're like. I know I'm going to get the beat down, but it'll give me a break from my other games. :)

I actually have the Secret ending to Kingdom Hearts downloaded to my computer. There's also a different Secret Ending in the Japanese Final Mix. It's longer, and shows more stuff. If anyone wants either, PM me and I'll see what I can do. :)

JPK

8. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Personally, I think FFX is much better and more fulfilling than KH in all aspects, except one: Sephiroth. :D

Compared to Sephiroth, Nemesis is childsplay. Quick Hit, Auto-Phoenix, 99,999 damage/hit, and about seven Aeons, and he's down for the count. Sephiroth took some freaking strategizing, involving a LOT of flying around the ring dodging ***t. :p

9. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    woohooo I got level 1 hundred and the ultima weapon

10. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Has anybody been bored enough to try and get the Rare Truffle scrolls?

I know I haven't....yet. :p

11. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    NEWS UPDATE!!!!!

Kingdom Hearts 2 To Be released In December 2004
    Editor: Paul Flood
    Date: Tuesday April 8, 2003

An anonymous user sent a Japanese site called Global Games Network on March 7th a tip that Kingdom Hearts 2 was in production. A few days later, Square Enix called it a rumor. This Anonymous user has been quite accurate several times before and now released a tip that KH2 will be released in December 2004.

In related news, NewTechnix has made a like available with a download to secret FMV which was present in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. This video was only available in Japan not the versions of both Europe and NA. This FMV is titled "Deep Drive and holds some quite outstanding footage of two very similar characters fighting with the heartless. The keyblades used in the video are Oblivion and Oathkeeper. Mickey Mouse also makes an appearance in the FMV. If the download doesn't work use everyone's other best friend KaZaA.

I don't have Kazaa, so if anyone does manage to download it, please inform us on how it is?? :)

12. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    So KH2 will be on the PS2 console? I don't think the PS3 is due for release until 2005 or thereabouts.

At any rate, I'm going to download that FMV tomorrow, so I'll check back and tell you how it was.

13. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    wow kh2 in december2003 could we make this a countdown thread

14. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    WOW!! I foudn the thread, just in time to :) With a lot more news coming out about the much anticipated sequal to Kingdom Hearts video game, I felt it was time to get this thread rolling again :)

With that being said.......shall we start off with some pretty recent news.

NEWS UPDATE!!!

[image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/kh2.gif] [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/art/kh2001.jpg]

[i]Square Enix recently gave the gaming public some information regarding the pair of upcoming Kingdom Hearts sequels.

First, it was said that the next Playstation 2 installment, entitled [b]Kingdom Hearts II [/b], will boast more characters than the original. These new faces will consist of both original creations and a higher number of Final Fantasy characters. A darker-dressing Sora will once again take the lead role, and Square Enix is currently trying to reassemble the first game's voice cast.

The gameplay of Kingdom Hearts II will remain quite similar to the first title's, with the same battle system in place. Among the slight changes that will occur is an increase in the number of available commands one can enter during battle and a selectable difficulty level. On the development front, some returning Kingdom Hearts veterans include director Tetsuya Nomura, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, battle planner Yuuichi Kanemori, and Shinji Hashimoto and Yoshinori Kitase as producers.

Moving on, the company let loose several details pertaining to the Game Boy Advance title, which bears the name of [b]Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories [/b].
    [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/khcom/khcom.gif]

A lesser-known company by the name of Jupiter will be cooperating with Square Enix to make the Kingdom Hearts series slide into portability as smoothly as possible. Living up to Square Enix's reputation, this game will feature a voice acted intro sequence, with a new theme song to boot. The development team includes those involved with Kingdom Hearts II, with the exception of Kazushige Nojima, whose job of scenario writer will be done by Daisuke Watanabe.

Both of these titles are expected to be available some time in 2004, with Chain of Memories hitting shelves first. [/i]

(screenshots from [u] [b]Kingdom Hearts II [/b] [/u])
    [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/screens/kh2001.jpg] [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/screens/kh2004.jpg] [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/screens/kh2002.jpg] [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/screens/kh2005.jpg] [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/screens/kh2008.jpg] [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/screens/kh2009.jpg] [image=http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/screens/kh2010.jpg]

[hr]

Thoughts?? I don't know about you but I am certainly in HUGE anticipation for this next installment :)

I was also wondering if anyone thinks I shoudl change the name of this thread or simply keep it the way it is, especially now that we will still be discussing Kingdom Hearts...but both parts now :)

*gets goosebumps from looking at the pics*

I will keep you all updated on what ever new material I find. If you find anythign more, feel free to post it :) Any new info, or pics are definitly wanted :)

15. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    Woo hoo!
    :)

Even though I can't see the pictures, because of a despotic firewall, but...

Woo hoo!!
    :)

16. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Man that sucks that the pictures didn't come out :( they were up for a while, i know that for a fact :( I'll see if I can get another website and post them again :)

EDIT :

Hopefully they will stay up this time :)

[image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen006.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen001.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen007.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen002.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen004.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031003_screen005.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031003_screen006.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen008.jpg]

17. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    NEWS UPDATE!!!!!

Here ya go folks, just released today (interview provided by Gamestop.com).... :D

[image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen008.jpg]
    [i] [b]Kingdom Hearts II's Tetsuya Nomura Q & A
    [/b] 10/10/03

In the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation magazine, Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura answered some questions about Kingdom Hearts II for the PlayStation 2, which he will direct, and the upcoming GBA Kingdom Hearts title, Chain of Memories.

[b]Dengeki PlayStation magazine [/b]: When did the plans for Kingdom Hearts II come up?

[b]Tetsuya Nomura [/b]: The plans were around since the time when Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, wrapped production, but the specifics weren't decided until this July or August.

[b]DPM [/b]: Why did you decide to produce a Game Boy version of Kingdom Hearts?

[b]TN[/b]: I heard a story that kids wanted to play Kingdom Hearts on the GBA. It also seemed that there was a similar demand overseas, so I thought that it had to be created. The plans for the GBA game were thought over while talking with Disney about Kingdom Hearts II. Actually, the vision of the game didn't become concrete until very recently.

[b]DPM [/b]: None of the worlds of Disney in Kingdom Hearts II have been revealed. Will it be possible to go through different worlds in Kingdom Hearts II as well?

[b]TN [/b]: Of course. The number of worlds in Kingdom Hearts II shouldn't be less than Kingdom Hearts, so please look forward to it. Kingdom Hearts II will have new worlds, and some worlds from Kingdom Hearts will be in the game.

[b]DPM [/b]: Will Twilight Town hold the same kind of standpoint in the game, like Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts?

[b]TN [/b]: I can't answer that question, but it is definitely a town that plays an important role and comes into the scenario.

[b]DPM [/b]: The illustration (of Twilight Town) has a building that looks like a train station. Will it be possible to go to other worlds by riding on this train?

[b]TN [/b]: I can't answer that question yet, but that building has an important meaning.

[b]DPM [/b]: Is the island that has been revealed (through a recently released photo) Destiny Island from Kingdom Hearts?

[b]TN [/b]: Probably. (Laughs) I can't reveal details yet, so users should try using their imagination.

[b]DPM [/b]: Kingdom Hearts II's main illustration shows Mickey Mouse, but will he be appearing at the beginning of the game?

[b]TN [/b]: Mickey Mouse will be handled in a special way in Kingdom Hearts II, so I can't answer details at the current time. Other characters from Disney will join in the player's party, similar to Kingdom Hearts.

[b]DPM [/b]: Will Sora's friends, Riku and Kairi, appear in Kingdom Hearts II?

[b]TN [/b]: A major point to Kingdom Hearts II is whether or not Sora will be able to see them again. So I can't answer that question.

[b]DPM [/b]: It seems that there are characters that appear in both the GBA game and KHII?

[b]TN [/b]: There are characters that make their first appearances in the GBA game, but please wait for additional news releases for information on them.

[b]DPM [/b]: The enemy in Kingdom Hearts II is no longer just the Heartless this time? Also, there are men wearing black jackets, but are they the same people from Kingdom Hearts?

[b]TN [/b]: The white enemies seen in Kingdom Hearts II are third forces following the Villains [in each world] and the Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. I can't say who's who amongst the people in the black jackets, but a character from Kingdom Hearts is among them for sure.

[b]DPM [/b]: Are there any major changes in the battle system?

[b]TN [/b]: The basis (of the battle system) is still the same, but there will be a number of totally new options. With the additional options implemented to the battle system, there should be a wider range of possible strategies in Kingdom Hearts II. There are also a number of changes and additions to the magic and summons in the game. The overall concept of

18. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Up!

Just making sure that all the Kingdom Hearts fans out there see the amazing pictures and cool interview!!! :)

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    It is looking quite cool, KH2. It might have already been mentioned but a website called The Ansem Report is a great source for KH2 news. It has everything known so far about KH2. I'm not sure about the address though, they changed it, so I can't give you a link. Just type the name into a search engine if you want to find it.

Anyways, the coliseum is said to be 'incredible' in the interview. So what do you think we'll see? Personally, I would love to see Squall (or Leon) take on Cloud. Or for Seifer to make an appearance.

20. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Okay, I know this game is old, but I'm new to it. I'm trying to find the white trinity in Wonderland. I've tried consulting walkthroughs and even the official hint book, but I can't find it anywhere. It says it's in the Lotus Forest, behind a painting, but there's no painting in Lotus Forest. Where am I supposed to go? Is there someone who can give me specific directions?

21. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    oh wow, it's been a while for me too.

Let me think a minute...

it's in a hidden area. You have to through a painting, when the room is on it's side. If i remember more correctly, it should be right in the middle.

The evil thing about this trinity is, you see it so early in the game, and when you can get it, it's easily over looked.

I trust you remember the red trinity outside Oogie Boogie's Mansion in Halloween town. That is a one time only trinity marker.

if that didn't help, feel free to shoot me a PM and i will try to help more, or if you have any more questions.

22. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    Just thought I'd post a link to one of the gretest sources for Kingdom Hearts 2 news.
    www.ansemreport.com

23. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Oooh I LOVE Kingdom Hearts. Who would've though Disney meets Final Fantasy would work? But it sure does and I can safely say that at the moment KH is my favourite PS2 game.

I've completed it twice now and I've seen the secret ending and it is soooo AMAZING. I'm trying not to spoil myself silly but the screenshots I've seen of the two new games look great and I just can't wait for them. Ahhhh, I wish I could read Japanese! The offical sites look like they have some great information but I can't understand what they're posting about the new games :(

24. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    I was certainly one of the many that sort of doubted that a Disney and Final Fantasy crossover wasn't goign to work out, but I was certainly proven wrong once i read the reviews, and brought it to play for myself. It is certainly one of the best games I have ever played before.

You can hardly go wrong with SquareSoft (SquareEnix now)

Hey........has anybody heard any news lately about Kingdom Hearts 2o or even the Kingdome Hearts Game Boy Game.......Chain of Memories???

25. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Obi: I don't know about KH2's release date but in the UK, COM is due out August 13th so it'll be earlier in the US :D

As for news, there's not been too much around lately. There's going to be a playable demo of KH2 and a new trailer at E3 apparently (or has E3 been and gone already?).

I'd reccommend Ansemreport.com because it is the best KH site but it's gone down so no can do I'm afraid but I'll keep my eyes open for news ;)

I did read the other day that KH has now shipped over 4 million copies worldwide so that's pretty damn impressive as well and shows that there's definitely a lot of interest in a sequel or two :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.