King's Dominion

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Nave, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all
    Quick question. Is anyone here interested in getting season passes to King's Dominion? I am probably going to get one, along with one other person and if we can get 4 or more total we can do the family discount thing my brothas
    http://www.kingsdominion.com/tickets_season_pass.jsp

Just let me know asap. It will be about 67.00. And I hope to go to Carowinds in SC around August 10th cause Weird Al will be playing there (extra cost )
    http://www.weirdal.com/touring.htm
    But the SP will get us in the park at least Road Trip
    Al may be coming to KD also but nothing posted yet. He came last tour but I missed it

I know Monies is tight peeps I havent even completly decided but if I can get enough to get the discount (and have friends have passes too so we can go together) that'd be cool enough for me
    Either post here or email me @ nave@cox.net
    I've posted this in Richmond and Norfolk FF too. It'd be cool if we all could do it together. Make it our own SW Weekend up here
    Nave
  2. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't know about getting a season pass, I don't think I would get my money's worth out of it because I don't hit KD that often. But it would definitely be fun to meet some fellow FFers for a day! Keep us posted on when you decide to go.
  3. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Will do :D
    Course if you get the 67 dollar one im trying for you go twice and its paid for ;)

Nave
  4. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    A day at KD or Busch GArdens would be fun!!

5. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Just found out some great news....
    "Weird" Al Yankovic is coming to King's Dominion this summer in what will be his only area concert appearance...
    and it's going to be on MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D
  6. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooohhh!!!!

When???

EDIT: July 13 Doswell, VA, Paramount's King's Dominion. Tickets on sale May 10; www.paramountparks.com

I am SOOOO there!!! Who's with me???
  7. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll be at Shore Leave so sadly I cannot go. Pity. I love him.

Here's an interesting thing I discovered last year - somehow, it was cheaper to buy a concert ticket and pass to KD than just the day's regular admission. Unless that was just some odd fluke.
  8. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, that is a Sunday so maybe. I was thinking about going to Shore Leave but that would be Saturday only. I don't know if I can handle both in one weekend! :D
  9. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think I'll pass on Weird Al. :)
  10. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Glad to see theres some action on this thread :) If only a little bit ;)

Anyone interested in getting a Season Pass? If we can get at least 4 people at the same time to buy a pass then we can save bout 20 bucks each. Feel free to email me if interested nave@cox.net I'm from Newport News, VA so we'll figure out someway to get the money all together.
    Just try and get in touch before April 27th cause thats when prices go up and I'll just buy a solo one if no one replies

:)

E
  11. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok Jack I just asked this in the Busch Gardens thread but I found my answer here :)

I'll be going to Al on the 13th. I just got back from seeing him in Orlando on the 5th. Great Concert!! :) Cant wait till Sunday now ;)

And I'll be bringing a friend but if you all want to keep an eye out for me, I'm pretty sure I'll be fairly easy to spot. I dont want to spoil what I'm wearing (cause the looks I got at House of Blues were priceless) but let's just say its a get-up from one of his tracks on the Poodle Hat CD. And I'm pretty sure no one else will be wearing something like it heheh. But as a hint its Red and Blue all over. And I'll be wearing a Blue Hawaiian shirt over it if that helps.

E
  12. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, so, keep my eyes open for a wallcrawler with a blue Hawaiian shirt on. Got it. ;)
    Me, I'll most likely be wearing a white, Green Lantern t-shirt that I can GUARANTEE you won't see anyone else wearing. I can guarantee that because I went to a t-shirt shop and had it custom-made just for me! :cool:
    To help you spot it, the front has a wonderful, large image of Hal Jordan soaring through space (artwork by Pat Broderick! :cool:). The image was applied as an iron-on photo transfer. Shirts with this particular image have never been, nor will they ever be, officially mass produced by a DC licensee.
    On the back, airbrushed on, is part of Hal's classic oath, as follows below:
    In brightest day,
    in
    blackest night,
    no evil shall
    escape my sight

:D
  13. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Let those who worship evil's might.
    Beware my power, Green Lantern's light.
  14. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome sounding shirt :)

Hal was the best GL in my opinion :) Sad that he went nuts lol :)

And ya got it right as far as what I'm wearing :) I'm bringing a friend who is a casual fan of Al along and she has no idea what I'm wearing :D MWHAHAHA I have no problem making a fool of myself ;) Might as well do it on purpose ya know? :)

E
  15. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well it looks like they'll be scattered showers today with a high of 81 around the time of the concert :( As such I wont be wearing the Spidey Outfit. It gets really hot :p Only way I was able to wear it in FL was cause the House of Blues was A/Ced but when I was outside waiting to get in it was like an oven heh.

Anyway hope everyone who goes to Al today has a good :) I'll try and keep an eye out for a GL shirt ;)

E
  16. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone.
    Went to KD with 2 of my best friends in the whole world, one of whom has a birthday later this week, so today (okay, really yesterday at this point. ;)) was a mutual celebration. :)
    So, a good time was had by all. The weather was about as good as could be hoped... and *ahem* no showers! ;)
    If anyone from the GS saw me, they said nothing. [face_plain]
    But Weird Al was awesome. :D
    His opening act, the Gaskets, well...
    they were weird. I've seen worse, but...
    I won't be going down to Richmond (their hometown) to see them again, that's for sure. [face_plain]
    Which is almost a guarantee they'll become the next big thing. [face_plain]
    And, that about wraps up my day. I now return to my mini-vacation for a couple more days. :)
  17. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I didnt see you Chance.

My friend and I got there late and missed the Gaskets. We pulled into the parking lot just as they said "get ready for weird al yankovic"

I was a little disappointed that Al didnt do a full set. Dont get me wrong I had a really good time, but I just saw him last week in Orlando and he did bout 6 songs more that I can remember off the top of my head (Dog Eat Dog, Melanie, All bout the Pentiums, One More Minute, Saga Begins, Your Horoscope for Today, and then the Avril Lavigne (sp) Al-TV "interview" and a few more clips from UHF (Wheel of Fish) ) but I love the extended version of the Yoda Chant :D

But all in all I had a good time :D Though wish the crowd had gotten a little more excited and stood up instead of sitting the whole time and then also fill in the words "Oh well I guess it pays to rehearse" on Smells like Nirvana.

Wonder how long till his next album :D

E

18. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Originally posted by Nave:
    My friend and I got there late and missed the Gaskets.

Yeah, you got there WAY late, then. But don't worry, you didn't miss anything. Those guys (The Gaskets) weren't worth seeing. [face_plain]
    As for how short the show was....
    well, according to the ticket I had, the show was supposed to start at 7 PM. But the Gaskets didn't actually go on until about 8 PM. Combine that with possible time limits from the park, and you end up with a show that was shorter than it should've been. [face_plain]
  19. Nave Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ahh ok I was going off what the site said which said the concert started at 7:30 I figured that would be the time the opening act (the Gaskets) went on and Al would be on round 8. Oh well. Just glad I didnt miss Al :D

E
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.