main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462: Part 1

Flight Part 1 has a good and intense start to it. Color me intrigued. I'll definitely be following this series.

On the Talking Dead after show, it was announced that one of the characters on "Flight" will appear on next season's Fear The Walking Dead.

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I watched that first episode immediately after Talking Dead...and was disappointed that only the first episode was online so far. :(

But yeah, it does have a great, captivating start.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    TWD on Sunday

4. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Both DVRs are setup to record it (in case my cats or kids screw with one or the other :p).

5. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    New York Times gave the season opener a pretty good review.

6. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    First Time Again was a great episode. I'm pretty sure these next couple of episodes will be even better.

7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    This was surprisingly good. The only thing I don't understand is why no one in this world builds a minus tirith style town/city. Walls within walls with ample patrol and the ability to fend off even large amounts of zombies. I mean, there's enough people alive and there's enough resources. Why not do that instead of sitting around drinking and murdering people like what 90% of the show is.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Great episode!!!

Can't wait for Episode 2

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    It's obvious the guy that plays Mr. Young will join the cast for Season 2

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Isn't that the way it is? You always think there's one peanut butter left.

Loved this episode... this show is so much better than Fear.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    There is also speculation that Enid is a spy for the Wolves and is the one who blew the horn

13. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Who?

Edit:

Nevermind. About the horn, I wouldn't put it past Gabriel. That guy is awful.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Anyone else get the feeling that Abraham will die this season?

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    S06E01

Liked:
    The use of black and white vs color to distinguish the past and present events
    Morgan and Michonne
    No Carl (speaking lines) or Rick / Carl interaction
    The humor sprinkled throughout
    Oh, good, Tara is awake...what happened to her again?
    Abraham

Nitpicks:
    The CG walkers at the quarry. It looked poorly done against the backdrop of the rocks.
    The plan: why heard the walkers out of there? There was probably a better solution. They were getting trapped there which was protecting Alexandria. Now that the trap is no more, you would need to build a better trap to sustain Alexandria otherwise its fate is sealed. Was the plan to heard them out of there so they could then fix the trap later? I didn't hear that discussed.
    Rick being Rick. Any chance they will kill him off later this season?

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Rick is the best, he won't die

17. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    The point , as I understand, is that when that one truck falls, it'll create a large exit for the walkers, which is what happened during their test drill. The goal is to lure the walkers away from Alexandria, which is essentially on the other side of the woods (where they would most likely have been drawn to without Rick's intervention), and, I believe, to a killing ground maybe.

18. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, when Rick was explaining the plan and that idiot tried to go against him he explained it. The trailer (the one that gave way on the practice run) was blocking off a path that lead straight to Alexandria. Considering how precarious the ground was, it made complete sense to herd the herd away.

I think the writers want to show contrasting points to Rick, maybe even make him seem like he's in the wrong occasionally. Problem is he keeps on being right. Not complaining as Rick's become my favourite thing in the show.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It was a pretty poor plan, but very entertaining!

[​IMG]

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The premiere episode of season 6 was epic. So much goodness. I thought the season would start of slow and begin right where season 5 ended and that's the awkward reunion between Rick and Morgan. I thought there was be a rift between the characters, with Rick being an executioner and Morgan more a respect for life kind of guy. I'm glad it didn't go down that way.

Another good episode for Glen to show he's become a badass.

Anyway, the main focus of the episode was incredible and demonstrated that we should fear the walking dead.

The show had a great parade which include gun fire, horns, fireworks of sorts and a motorcade.

21. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

I agree. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the premier. I had expected a couple few episodes of "feelings" while they recounted the previous season and slowly plodded on to the actual plot. I'm also glad they got Morgan on board right away. Actually looking forward to the next episode because I am interested in what happens, and not just out of morbid curiosity as to how much the show is going to suck. We'll see if it lasts.

22. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I will feel really terrible when Perfectville gets overrun.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'll probably have mixed feelings about it, because the natives of Perfectville will finally know what Rick and folks had to deal with.

As far as
    I'm thinking it was the Wolves.

24. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Two great episodes.

Too bad about that girl gathering intel for the Wolves

The part about them not having any guns seems absurd to me. The one thing that has never seems to run out for anyone so far in this world is guns and ammo.So many people died so quickly that not much ammo was used to try to quell the apocalypse, leaving an extremely large supply of guns in the hands of an extremely small population of humans.

25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I think the writers were trying to convey that Rick was right again ("Everyone needs to be armed!"). A lot of tragedy could have been avoided if they'd listened to Rick from the get go: addressing blind spots, regular perimeter sweeps, arming the population.