main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Should it occur, Glenn's miraculous escape would have huge potential to become one of those infamous moments when a very successful show goes off the rails and never recovers.

TX-20, PRENNTACULAR and Diggy like this.
  3. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    If Glenn does escape that horde, then I'm 100% convinced that he will be killed at the end of the season.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They'd nuke the fridge?

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm not sure how that makes sense. I think it's much more likely that Glenn's situation will be a fake out, and that Rick or Daryl will die instead.

Frankly, I'd be happy to see Daryl go. As stated earlier, he hasn't really had much to do in about a season now. Unfortunately I don't think they'll kill him because he's too popular with fans. Which is why my money's on Rick.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Rick is not going to die. The comings may be Cooooraaaal's story, but the show is all Rick. He is the fulcrum.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I just think they want to kill a main character, but they don't want it to be Glenn or Daryl.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Rick won't die, guaranteed

9. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I was trying to avoid that phrase purely out of respect for you Diggy.

Diggy likes this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I love the phrase!

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  11. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    One of the things I like about Walking Dead is how it always seems on the edge of imploding due to its own absurdity. And yet it doesn't. It hasn't yet.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  13. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    This episode was so amazing and I'm absolutely furious at all the people online calling it "pointless filler".

I think this also does a good job setting up something from the comics that bugged me, and that is Rick sparing Negan and keeping him prisoner. I think the show may go down the route of Morgan influencing Rick enough to get him to do that, whereas in the comic I was and still am utterly confused about why Rick decided to do that.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I don't know how I feel about this episode. Very slow, very long. And the inevitable bite was so avoidable imo. Kind of a lame episode.

Well, I guess I figured out how I feel about it.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  16. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I could see this episode getting hate stemming from "What happened to Glennnnnnnn?!!!" It was slow even by Walking Dead standards but it managed to be great because it was basically, and pretty much literally, put two actors in a room, Lennie James & John Carroll Lynch and let them do their thing. And their thing is fantastic! I thought it earned the length because it was a character piece. And John Carroll Lynch is one of those actors who pops up in a lot of stuff, is awesome in small parts (check him out in Zodiac. Ahhhhh!), but never really gets a chance to do his bit at length. Dug it here.

Also it made me get behind Morgan's No Killing policy. When Dale or Hershel complained about it they just came off as whiny, and even when Morgan was introduced as the non-killing zen Jedi Master, it was a tad odd. but with all that Morgan has been through that we see in this episode... I get it. It was essential to the character. And the final scene with the story just blowing over the Wolf guy's head.... great sucker punch. And then you hear some shoutin' in the distance and now back to the story proper.

It was an odd episode to throw in at this particular moment but pivotal in the character of Morgan and possibly the larger series as a whole.

Interesting idea and if they ARE going to do 12 seasons, that could mean that Morgan influencing Rick to not kill Negan but lock him up could be a payoff. I was convinced the show only had about 2 more seasons in it, ending at All Out War and foregoing the time skip but maybe if they do go 12 seasons we will get into all that post All Out War & the Whisperers, which would be great to see. And, for some reason, if Glenn actually is dead maybe they're setting up Morgan to be the one who Negan introduces to Lucille. Or Daryl. But Glenn is probably alive and it'll probably be Glenn.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Exactly. Earlier it was a turtle. I imagine a squirrel would be next.

Anyway, what a shift in momentum and story telling. Morgan's Donatello origin story was definitely character driven and took it's time in telling. I'm surprise the internet didn't freak out with, "where's the follow to Glen?" I can't honestly say it was a welcomed changed of pace, but it does enhance the overall story, much like Michonne's and the Governor's origin story. The episode did a wonderful job in explaining Morgan's PTSD mindset that it's like being stuck in a nightmare of a room and you open the door to leave, but you're still in that room. Thus the reason why Morgan must clear.

This last episode illustrated that the Wolves are beyond redemption. They are probably the metaphor of what Rick's group would be if they stayed out in the open too long.

20. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    The longer they draw out Glenn's fate, the less I care.

I'm guessing we'll find out that at the mid-season finale that Jesus somehow saved his ass. It seems like this is an attempt to artificially up the emotional impact of his eventual meeting with Lucille.

I thought THIS was a filler episode. It wasn't horrible, but almost everything that happened was completely predictable (all the way down to Maggie erasing Glenn's name from the wall) and I just found myself bored.

The only real upside besides Tovah Feldshuh's acting, was the opportunity to once again yell out, "STAY IN THE HOUSE, CORAL!"

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  21. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Filler episode, worst of the season. There's no reason whatsoever that Rick wouldn't be talking about strategies for thinning the herd at the walls. They did that at the prison, and they could develop a system for doing that here. Their faith in the walls doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of the series.

22. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Well, in this episode's defense, Rick did say he was banking on Sasha and the others to return and lead the rest of the herd a ways out. At least with the prison Rick knew he was dealing with people he could rely on to help thin the numbers, but he seems to be becoming more hesitant about pushing these people too far too quickly.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I didn't feel last night episode was that much of a filler. I felt it was rebuilding the tension around Alexandria. To me, it was a reminder of how much the citizens of Alexandria are a bunch of babies that lived in a bubble during the zombie apocalypse. I felt like slapping the lot of them be saying the world is coming to an end. Please, the world ended years ago and they're just catching up.

I know people wanted to know what happened to Glenn.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Here's how Glenn survived:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Good episode, foreshadowing to Carl losing his eye

25. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I sometimes hate people who watch this show. "WHERE'S GLENN!?" is not a good reason to dislike an episode.

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.