main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    All the f-bombs (I'd imagine there are a lot) will be one the DVD/Blu-Ray versions.

No, scripts for next season are finished as they are starting filming next month.

2. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Even Abraham? I'm betting it is him or Daryl. Group needs to lose some muscle.

3. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Well you know it wasn't Carl, Rick, or Glen.

Snokers likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I hope it was Rick and then Negan decides to kill two more in the season 7 premiere.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Agree! Rick has been at the top of my "please die" list for a while. However, I think Daryl gets it ultimately. Daryl or Eugene.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    The show began and ended with a first person POV. It's quite obvious that it was someone who was in the van. Probably Glenn or Daryl. You know, one of the fake-out victims from this season, so Gimple can say, "har har jk, but not really. we're so clever. #shocking"

7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    We better see a lot of pee pee pants in the seventh season premiere or I'm walking!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    I've found Abraham a lot more interesting since him and Sasha became closer. Before that I would have been happy to lose him. And I feel that the Rosita/Abraham/Sasha storyline has more in it to be told.

I think there would be not much of a point in Daryl getting shot by his nemesis only to have Negan kill him. Also he seems like such a big part of the show I've never thought of him actually dying.

Eugene handing the bullet making info to Rick just seemed like a goodbye to me, unless that was misdirection. And you're right, him not being a muscle/action type guy does mean he brings something unique at this moment to the show.

9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Like I said, I've very much enjoyed Gimple's show running these past couple of seasons. I don't think the dumpster storyline was mishandled by the writers. I think it's on the audience to muster patience enough to allow the writers to tell the story they want to tell in the way they want to tell it.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I am now officially watching this show. On the lookout for honorable characters.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    NO WOCKY NO. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

BigAl6ft6 and TX-20 like this.
  12. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I stopped watching after season 1, was just too hopelessly depressing. But now I'm going to favorite this thread, entertainment is ensured.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, I think the episode was too darn stretched out which was probably so AMC could sell more ads, but the pre-Negan stuff had a few highlights, I especially dug the random guy being hung / chain of walkers / tree blockade set on fire. Although, I did see some people sarcastically comment that the Saviours went from doofs to nearly omnipotent wizards who could cut off our heroes at the pass.

I actually like the Carol / Morgan dynamic but once again it's a bit of a symptom of the episode stretching things out that it was honestly kinda draggy.

Until the Negan stuff which I naturally loved. While it's odd that AMC can show all sorts of violence, God Forbid that someone drops an F-bomb. And now the Negan F-bombs will be all over the home video release. Which makes me wonder, which one is canon?

Jeffery Dean Morgan just totally owning the screen and relishing every line. While Rick's extreme push into blubbery mess was .... rapid, this is Rick completely powerless and this is a guy who hasn't been powerless since, well, the Prison attack. Hell season 4 ended with them literally being captured and hauled into cattle carts and Rick just said "They are screwing with the wrong people." Even when it's low, Rick is still in control so Negan coming out and showing who is boss completely takes Rick by surprise (and the fact that Carl is right there lined up as a potential victim) and he can't do a damn thing. When he tires to go for a typical Rick hollerin' "STOP THIS!" Negan completely shuts him down.

That final POV Negan murders the cameraman bit? I liked it! Very immersive, first of all, so considering it goes black and all you hear is squishy wet bashing noises, you basically have to roll credits at that point. It goes out at where it ends, it'd be hard to suddenly do that shot, have that audio FX and then cut back to the non first person POV. I think I was irritated for about 20 seconds but that last shot was so cool and felt like a natural end point for the episode I got over it real quick.

The bad part is, I also realized there's probably ain't no friggin way they keep it under wraps who was killed unless the particular thespian A) decides to show up in Georga and hang out anyway B) they don't take another gig C) start blabbing to the press "Yeah, they fired me, dammit!" Also promotion for Season 7? What are you going to do, cobble it entirely together just by clips of Morgan and Carol? Who is going to show up at Comic Con? While it can keep people a-buzzing, I think it'd be borderline impossible to keep under wraps for months. Well, at least for wired geeks like us. I'm sure the surprise will still be preserved for the majority.

My guesses? At the top are Abraham and Eugene. If only because they had a Very Sad Goodbye scene and Eugene gave away his Magic Bullet Making Directions. If Eugene is the dead one, you can see Team Grimes making bullets and be all like "This is for Eugene!" or something. Abraham is also at the top of the list because he seemed to find peace, and there was a shot of him driving the van looking all heavenly-like. Also he's made it past his Comic Book Mandated Death at this point. Maggie seems .... really brutal, even for this show. Rick and Carl are officially off the list because of Negan's line "if the kid moves, cut out his other eye and feed it to his dad." For either of those events to happen, both need to still be alive.

Aaron would be the worst choice ever. Seriously, who cares? Sasha also I feel isn't big enough of a death.

So for the past few days, I'm totally thinking Abraham & Eugene are the top picks, even Negan's line of "taking it like a champ!" implies whoever is on the business end of Lucille is still standing, which works for Abraham (cuz he strong) and Eugene (now inner strength).

BUT, as pointed out above by imperial_dork the episode starts, keeps cutting back to, and ends with a POV shot. That suddenly changes the notion of who died and puts the focus on the Van People - Glenn, Daryl, Michonne and Rosita. Rosita? That's kind of not a big enough death. Michonne? No way, she's in the unkillable list with Rick and Carl. And at the top of that list of the people who were in the van, it'd be Glenn (who died in the comic this way, apparently some audio futzing hears someone holler "Glenn!" and "Maggie!" and with the whole "is Glenn dead" tease for the whole season, it'd be the punchline) or Daryl (biggest emotional death of possibly the series).

So, yeah, I don't mind the cut to black as Negan murdered the unlucky SOB, it's just a damn shame it's going to be spoiled randomly simply because of Internets.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Dale, Glenn, and Hershel.

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    The people I know right now are:

Rick: The guy with a beard
    Dwayne: He looks like he doesn't bathe quite enough. I think his name might also actually be Dwight?
    Rosita: No information available
    Maggie: Is pregnant
    Carol: Undecided. Potentially honorable
    Black Guy with a Spear: Using the spear seems honorable. Also he seemed to care about the other people so he is on the potential list, too, but mostly no information available.
    Jesus: Wears too much clothes in the summer. Disapprove.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Oh, you started watching from this season (*facepalm*). I guess, I shouldn't be surprised since you did the same thing with Breaking Bad.

harpua likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Booo.... why do you start shows like this?

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    to be perfectly fair, TV shows, hell every single episode, should on some level be accessible to new viewers who haven't backlogged every single episode.

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    It is interesting this way.

Also, for clarity, I never actually watched Breaking Bad. I saw part of the one episode but discontinued after being advised the show was about drugs.

22. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Which is weird because I think AMC allowed Breaking Bad at least one f-bomb per season. Why BB but not TWD? Especially for Negan. The DVD release will be canon.

You're one of the very few. We basically had a whole season of build-up with no pay-off for the most iconic scene from the comics just because they want high ratings for the season seven premiere. We had no Team Family deaths at all this season. TWD has overdone it's terrible cop-out cliffhangers so much now that it just instantly pisses the majority of fans off.

As unlikely as they are, they are still candidates as Negan said 'and THEN we'll start' after that.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What nonsense. This isn't a procedural. This is one continuous story, and to understand why the characters are the way they are, you have to know where they came from.

However, this method does fit the Jesus Wock MO; Now he can purposefully misunderstand things, and cause stupid arguments.

24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Only comedies and criminal/legal/medical dramas need be accessible to viewers jumping into a random episode. Continuous narratives, like TWD, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Lost, 24, etc. should all be watched from the beginning.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    "You should be able to hop into GoT in season 4, episode 8. DERP DERP DERP."