main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    True but this particular event seems like it'll be leading towards another big climax! I hope. Seems so.

dunno quite why talking around it, I highly doubt the show will get to this point. TV shows get crazy expensive after 7 seasons. I'm guessing Negan and the Saviours seems like a series finale point so maybe just two more seasons (even though what comes after could be really neat to see visually but I doubt the show is gonna go the 9-10 seasons it'll take to get where it is now)

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'll be continuing watching the rotting corpse of the TV show called Fear The Walking Dead, as my Sunday evenings are pretty much wide open and I'll be cheering for various characters to die.

BigAl6ft6 and Todd the Jedi like this.
  3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Sweet! Like I said, I do enjoy watching basically 8 straight months of new Walking Dead programming.

As for last night's ep, they did offer some details on how the plague is affecting the larger world (juicy details for WD geeks that the main show really can't delve into), apparently the west coast is toast all the way up to Vancouver. Interestingly, the military still seems to be around as in giant firebombing runs on coastal cities. the way season 1 played out, it looked like the military machine basically collapsed but someone is apparently still calling the shots.

May have been a slight continuity fudge at the end of the episode considering how fast the mom turned but it worked emotionally to end the episode. to be fair, didn't Shane turn in, like, 4 minutes when he died in Season 2?

TX-20 likes this.
  5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    much better episode than the last one! The WD shows have never missed an opportunity to kill off cute little girls.

Ezio Skywalker and TX-20 like this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought they were gonna mention Atlanta getting napalmed as well

7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Hi new character!
    Bye new character!

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I still don't have any rooting interest in any of the characters, but I'm interested enough in seeing how Fear The Walking Dead unfolds from week to week and thus why I've been sticking around. This latest episode, we see how the drug addict skills and knowledge have helped out the characters.

And getting back to The Walking Dead, does anyone think that Norman Reedus' new show about motorcycling is any hint as to what character Negan killed?

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahah, I actually kind of liked that for those who invested in Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 that we saw the two main characters as what could have been generic nobody survivors so you have a bit of knowledge of what they've been through (for people who watched Walking Dead weekly since it's return in Oct 2015, you've seen bits and piece of it). Heck, I kind of ended up various pieces it multiple times just due to A) seeing it in between ads on Walking Dead B) I watched the first half of the web-series on NYE because I thought it was over C) ended up rewatching it / watching bits I hadn't seen the night before FTWD premiered. I wonder if the random survivors we also saw in the episode were from Flight 462.

But also Strand comes along at the end and literally casts them adrift. Don't get too invested!

Anyway, I did like Nick figuring out the zombie-guts solution and even getting up in the face of a random zombie, he seemed oddly at home.

Also if you didn't get your Negan smashing someone's head in fix, they certainly gave us someone getting bashed here! Yeesh.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Madison is still as annoying as Andrea. Chris is basically this show's Carl.

Nick is the most entertaining of the bunch imo.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Madison isn't quite as annoying as Andrea. I'd rank her at a Dale.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  12. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    So far the only character I can't wait to see get dead is Chris.

13. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    He's irritating but he's adapting faster than Madison.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I was watched Talking Dead and the actor that plays Chris was on the show and it was mentioned this episode is where Chris gets with the program. This was reflected in the scene where he wanders into the plane wreckage and kills one of the "infected" and then mercy kills that surviving dude.

Some one tweeted into Talking Dead that when Strand cut the line connecting the yacht to Alex's inflatable raft, that Alex just got "Stranded."

BigAl6ft6 and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Chris is developing into the resident psychopath of the team. But not a Team Grimes psychopath who can be crazy but also work for a greater good, just a psychopath who lust for zombie blood may endanger others.

16. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Please keep Luis around. I like that guy.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Was this the first time where was a flashback in any of The Walking Dead series? I don't recall a flashback for any of the characters. I admit, the flashback makes Strand a little more sympathetic. I didn't think getting into Mexico, even in a zombie apocalyptic world, would be all that difficult. I would have expect Mexico to fall much like the U.S.

This last episode felt like a Negan episode.

TX-20 likes this.
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

Shane had a flashback to when the hospital was overrun and how he tried to save Rick. Lori also had a flashback where she was talking to her friend about her marriage to Rick or something (or finding out she was pregnant? I don't recall exactly). Michonne also had flashbacks about her son.

This episode was so irritating. "Dad! Dad Do I shoot them? Daaaad?" C'mon, kid! And seriously, all that commotion (and an apocalypse) and no one is actually guarding the boat while it's docked? So stupid. If Strand is so paranoid, you'd think he himself would be guarding his precious boat.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I agreed he probably should have at least made a warning shoot, but it would be hard to pull the trigger on a pregnant woman. However, unlike Madison, I probably wouldn't felt it necessary to bring her way into the ship. I'm hoping this wises up the entire crew not to be so sympathetic towards other people.

I'm hoping Alex returns and saves everyone despite being "Stranded."

20. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Turned out Alex was really pissed about the whole raft incident.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I think she overreacted. Her raft mate was dead for sure. She survived. Situation for her was a complete wash.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, Boy Crazy Alicia managed to get over her crush and leave him stranded with a bunch of freshy bitten jerks so, hey, at least she's over that. I kind of dug the idea to wrap up the zombie brother and sick him on the bad guys, at least he co-operated and didn't snarl before they took off the mask (maybe walkers are like birds where if you cover them up they fall asleep). Chris has gone full psycho clearly by this point I'd wager he's gonna bite it before the season ends.

At least Alex is still around, I dig her! I watched all of Fight Whatever so I'm oddly invested in her plight. Possibly moreso than some of the main characters on Strand's boat.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    This Celia character is loco.

Chris has become creepy and disturbing.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Man, this show has the ability to take unlikable protagonists and make them even more unlikable. There's very little sense that could be made by the motivations of the characters in the last couple of episodes. No one is taking the time to think through things or bond together.

25. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Welcome to every zombie movie ever made.

TX-20 likes this.