main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I kind of hope they stay split up on separate arcs and maybe not come together, sort of Game of Thrones style where characters will be apart literally for entire seasons. I think Travis and Chris as their own thing could lead to interesting places since Chris has gone full psycho, basically. And Nick literally walking off alone with the walkers is an interesting character development. He's always been a bit batty and an outsider so just have him go full on walking with the dead could be nifty to see happening.

Interview on FTWD mid-season finale anyway

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/2...dseason-finale-shiva-showrunner-dave-erickson

Semi-related, more to the main show (and comic) in the letter col of the most recent Walking Dead issue, Kirkman addressed people being ticked off about the finale, and to paraphrase, they didn't do it to intentionally mislead or tick people off, they decided to go with a "who died" cliffhanger to keep people talking / run theories all throughout the break (Which is kind of fun, admittedly) and to not have the character die at the finale and then spend the break with "So-and-So is dead!" mourning.

Gak, it's like 3 months until Fear the Walking Dead returns? That is the longest break in Walking Dead programming since the show premiered in August 2015! I didn't hate this half season and did find it watchable, although the last few episodes or so were a tad on the draggy side, even by Walking Dead standards, which is saying something.

2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    They should have stayed on the boat.

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    In Fear the Walking Dead award nominations, yes, that is a thing. Michelle Ang was nominated for her role as Alex in Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 webseries. Really! And she's rewarded by Strand cutting her adrift. Yikes!

So anyway this Emmy nominated series is officially back in two weeks. I kind of dug the promo where Strand was just wailing on the bell in the abandoned hotel lobby, that was neat. Here's hoping the back half of season 2 isn't as ... let's go with "Leisurely paced" as the first half. Which was leisurely paced even by Walking Dead standards (by contrast, I thought Season 1 had a nice progression to it). I still dig a few of the characters enough to care and, hey, it's Walking Dead.

Also ever since February with Walking Dead > Fear the Walking Dead > Preacher, AMC has had a stranglehold on Sundays at 9 (with a Game of Thrones priority bump in between) for, like, months. But with Preacher ending the season I'm finally free! ... until Fear the Walking Dead starts again! Later this month!

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Season 7 will be great!!!!

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I have no idea who this guy is, and please don't tell me. I just think the image looks cool and reminds me of Conan The Barbarian at the end of the movie where he's King Conan.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's not really a spoiler- he's mentioned by name in the comic con trailer.

EDIT: oh wait, no one posted the trailer. Well, um, might as well now then, lol.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    best thing about that trailer is Carol's line "I don't know what the hell is going on in the most wonderful way!"

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I guess there was a The Walking Dead Season 6 marathon and AMC decided to do a special Talking Dead episode discussing Season 6 as a whole. Here's a sneak peak of Season 7.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I didn't watch the trailer and I don't want to at this point because I feel is might spoil who was not killed by Negan.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Trust me, it doesn't. They're gonna milk that cow 'til it's deader than the walkers. [face_cow][face_skull]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Isn't it common knowledge that KOOOORAL is killed?

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fear the Walking Dead came back tonight. There was a lot of walking in this one. One very cool scene with Nick in a herd of walkers and a couple of yahoos start shooting them up but the random yahoos seemed dumber than most in the Walking Dead world and that's saying something.

13. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Six Seasons of stupid on The Walking Dead + Two Seasons of stupid on Fear the Walking Dead = Keep Watching!

[face_beatup]

I seriously must hate myself.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fear the Walking Dead hasn't been as good this year as S1 (and if one hated Season 1 then they'd really be annoyed) but I thought the 2nd half of FTWD has been better. It seemed for awhile they were going to split the crew up permanently (which could have been different) but through various happenstance they seem to be coming together again. As slow paced and repetitive as Chris and his dad's plotline has been, I do find it interesting in a way that we're seeing an origin for one of the "random jerkwads" that pop up in the WD-verse. And Alicia the daughter has smartened up in the 2nd half and she's real pretty on the eyes. I don't like how they seem to be implying one leader dude survived a walker-bite, that totally breaks the rules of the WD verse.

2 hour season finale next week, which is a tad weird cuz I thought they'd run it straight as a lead up to Walking Dead but apparently there's going to be two whole weeks without WD programing cuz WD comes back at Oct 23.

TX-20 likes this.
  15. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Fear has been pretty boring this season, imo. Only Nick's story has held my interest. That kid is a survivor. Surrounded by complete strangers and a foreign language, shredded by dogs, and yet he's still thriving.

Everyone else is just kind of whiny and annoying. It's like a whole series made up of Andreas from TWD.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Getting close to the Season 7 premiere :)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Fear the Walking Dead has slimed itself in a repugnant, story-free camouflage, so I've lost the scent and am just walking away aimlessly at a slow, shuffling gait.

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I can't believe any of you actually watch it. One dumb zombie show is enough for me. :p

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Which Rick do you guys think is better by season

Rick (Season 1) vs Rick (Season 6)
    Rick (Season 2) vs Rick (Season 5)
    Rick (Season 3) vs Rick (Season 4)

20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    S3, because reasons.

[​IMG]

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't disagree that it's an exceptional amount of whining and pretty darn slow. But I think Strand is pretty enjoyable to watch do anything. Nick's plot is fairly unique and he and Strand are the two that can roll with Team Grimes. I kind of like the random fan theory that Madison is Rick's sister so that sort of makes her more interesting if I pretend. The daughter Alicia is quite attractive and she stopped being exceptionally stupid recently.

Chris and his dad is pretty whiny but I do like how they're just having one of the cast members slowly turn into one of the various horrible people that we see in the WD world so it's kind of like Chris' origin story can be repeated as a template for how random folk would turn into complete killers. Although it might be more of a better intellectual exercise than, y'know, super compelling drama. But I did like "Goddamn you, Chris!" and he just turns his head away.

Season 6 Grimes was pretty in control, almost cocky (his "What?" when he killed the guy at the hilltop) which is why he's exceptionally perturbed when Negan gets the drop on him at the end.

Give me all the Walking Dead's dangnabit! I kind of just like seeing different takes on the WD world. And even Fear does come up with a good bit every once in awhile.

22. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    *In the writers room, spitballing dialogue*
    Head Idiot Writer: "Maybe Rick could say 'How could Negan get the drop on us? On me!?'"
    Lone Voice of Reason: "Wouldn't it be obvious after all the roadblocks they kept running into?"
    Head Idiot Writer: "You are so fired!"
    *Lone Voice of Reason thrown out of the room by AMC money men*
    Head Idiot Writer: "Is there a dumpster that all of Negan's people can come out of?"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    "Madison, you're not helping." Her character summed up in one sentence.

TX-20 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought the finale was okay, the death of Chris was nicely brutal in that nobody was around for it and it got Travis over the hump of the whole "I can't kill people" thing so he'll probably just be a beast next season. Mister Community Guy had a decent exit because he had to pull out the bus that was protecting his world as his last act, decent bit of unexpected craziness with Nick at the border. I would say if they leave Strand behind, that would be a terrible idea, however I get the feeling when they go back to Strand, he's basically going to be King Strand running not only the hotel but probably a significant chunk of that landmass now that the major opposition is gone. Also Strand is smart enough that he'd rather deal with an angry mob than hang around with Madison and her crazy family anymore. I like the show still if only because it's decent WD filler in between when the mothership starts and there are some different angles and I like some of the characters. And also Alicia actress Alyica Debnam-Carey was on Talking Dead afterwords, holy Hannah!

(Just found out she stars in a apparently somewhat awful direct to video social media horror flick so definitely going to check that out because reasons)

TX-20 and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    When do you guys think they will adapt the All Out War arc, second half of Season 7 or first half of Season 8?