main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I had to leave you a surprise.

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    What is wrong with you people? Second half of this Walking Dead season is maybe my favorite ever. Geopolitics! Cult-like scavenger groups! More zombie guts than ever! Also Michonne and Rick are a great couple, perhaps the best romantic zombie-fighting duo in the genre's history.

The Golden Age of Zombie Entertainment is not over yet.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I definitely want to see vengeance for Glenn and Abraham.

I don't think Eugene has turned. I think he's just playing to his strength.

Rosita is annoying me.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  4. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Eugene is doing what he did before: playing a part to increase his chances of survival. He's taken up his phD persona and added a Negan sycophant overlay to it. I'm not sure it's entirely insincere, but he may also believe it's inevitable Rick will do something about the Survivors. He gets to enjoy his status, enjoy the protection, and also be poised to help. Or not. Hard to tell.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dude gets to play video games in the apocalypse, of course he's gonna do what he can to keep that going for as long as he can. ;)

But yeah, things have been getting a little bit better this half of the season. Also I can't be the only one hoping Ezekiel joins the fight so he can unleash Shiva on the Saviors and/or walkers. :p

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Eugene hasn't turned, and he's even working on Dwight, who will end up helping Rick's group. And then end up a prisoner.

This half season has been fantastic, it made the first half season worth it.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  7. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm hoping Eugene pulls a Schindler's List and begins producing faulty munitions for Negan's soldiers...then they go into battle against Rick's coalition of the weirdlings with ammo that doesn't work.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I like the Weirdlings. In the zombie apocalypse, I'll inevitably be toast very early on. But I like to think if I did survive, I'd join the Weirdlings. I'm comfortable wearing all black, I could get used to no longer using full sentences, and I think learning the it-looks-like-a-random-crowd-walking-but-is-really-a-heavily-choreographed-way-to-surround-another-group would be fun.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  9. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm terrible with long silences. I'd be executed for filling those moments with nervous babble.

Diggy likes this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You could become the pickelhaube zombie.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's a good angle for Eugene to play, but I don't think it will unfold that way because it doesn't appear that the saviors are in need of ammunition. Neagan likes haven't him around for other science solutions.

And going back a couple of episodes, the show did create sympathy for Dwight and that he brought the pretzels and beer. That there's a sensitive and caring person in there. Speaking of which, I knew Daryl was not going to tell Carol about Glenn and Abraham. Although, I can't wait until Carol finds out.

Morgan is such a frustrating character, but I think he has a tipping point.

Diggy and Rylo Ken like this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Tara was somewhat annoying. Her already deciding that Ocean Women wouldn't help was a bit of a give up. Things are different now, her best solution would have been going back there, explaining the changed situation and pleading for help, with the promise that if they say no, she will continue to keep their existence a secret. If they still say no, only then should she completely betray them.

13. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    There has to be some resolution for that group involving getting them into the conflict. But just from a prisoner's dilemma way of thinking, realistically they'd kill Tara *all over again* as the solution most likely to keep them safe.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, it looked like Tara is going to tell Rick about the "Amazon" group and Rick may plead with them like he did with Weirdlings. For some reason, the Weirdlings remind me of the Pleasure Island from Pinocchio and Lord of the Flies and a wee bit of Junkion in the Transformers animated movie; just a lost tribe of seemingly unruly kids. I'm still not sure if the Weirdlings are trust worthy. I mean, they have everything to lose and not much to gain.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    There was some real movement and developments in last night episode.

A so called "Pearl Harbor" type of event has occurred that has called for the Kingdom to prepare for war.

Morgan has snapped and killed. And then he told Carol the truth about situation in Alexandria. Two of Rick's best fighters have awaken.

16. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    This was my least favorite episode of the second half of this season, but it did move the narrative forward, help get the troops lined up for war. Now there's only 1 outside group and the loose cannon contingent to bring on board so the war can actually happen.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Rick should try and round up a zombie hoard and set it towards the saviors camp. The should also go old school and build fire ball throwing catapults. Force the Saviors in a defensive position in their compound and set up a zombie blockade. Sorry Eugene.

18. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    if the big moment doesn't involve a vast zombie herd then it's not Walking Dead. If it weren't for the tiger, I'd say a trebuchet siege would be a little bit over the top. Nothing's really over the top once you've put a CGI tiger in the show.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Way to get Kingdomers. Just stand there and watch as arse nose gets slowly murdered in front of you. They'll be a big help against The Saviouts.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Morgan is back on the killing trolley, which he's been pacifist Morgan for so long I've actually forgotten about his kill-crazy "Clear" phase, which is probably bubbling underneath the surface and came back to the forefront. (of course, the Morgan freak-out / his Clear phase montage helped me remember that). Although with the amount of episodes left, and a next season already greenlit, I'm thinking the all out war actually won't begin until pretty much the season finale.

I was a big fan of last week's episode with Rick and Michonne finding guns at the zombie-amusement park, had a couple of nifty zombie moments (I loved the bad luck of the zombie getting it's gun caught on wreckage and suddenly spewing bullets). It was actually kind of a funny episode, which they seem to do, like, once a year. Rick is actually a bit more quipping now, which is actually kind of fun, because there's only so much feral Rick or mopey Rick until it needs to switch up.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The ratings for this season has dropped close to 50% since the start of the season, as it started with 17 million viewers and now it's down to 10 million. I guess there are some people that stopped watching the show since a very popular character died.

Personally, I don't like the group divided with all these separate story lines.

22. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I'd end the series after the fall of the saviors. Rick sets the stage for a well-governed agricultural mini-state with limited access to electricity in what was once Georgia.

By the way, I think all the gasoline in the WD world would have gone bad by now. Unless someone is refining oil or making biofuel, the automotive age would be done.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, that's always in the back of my mind. The gasoline should all be gone ala Waterworld, especially considering they have alot of gas guzzling vehicles and they've pretty much has stayed in the Atlanta area for about 7 years.

I haven't read the comic books, but I would agree for the TV series the should end after the war with the saviors.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  25. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    A Eugene rescue would either start the war immediately or bring about the destruction of Alexandria. I'm hoping Eugene understood that. It would potentially be worse than a failed assassination attempt on Negan.