main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Daryl is their best character next to Rick, they can't off him right now.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    SLG but that is the spirit of the show, no one is safe. Well except for Rick.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And Carl.

If the show kills off Darryl to make room for Tyresse, there'll be a lot of fans unhappy about that, me included. True, he was a character created for the show and not originated from the comics (much like T-Dog, RIP), but his arc and growth as a character has been the one most fascinating whereas many of the others seem to be regressing in growth (Rick, Andrea to name a couple)

Plus if Darryl dies before we get a Merle/Darryl confrontation, I'm going to be SOOO ticked off.

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    If I have any complaint about this season, it's that some of the new characters are so obviously comic book characters. Knife-armed Merle, katana-wielding Michonne, and the animated zombie fish tank-watching Governor are too inherently ridiculous to be anything else. Everything prior to this season, the comic book origins were more or less invisible, but not anymore.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  5. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Comic potential spoiler type stuff in my comment.
    The poor kids been shot in the face. Plus you need to read this months comic then ;)

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I realize the first part of that. Much like Lori and the baby, I'm really wondering if AMC is going to let Kirkman go with that plot point when the time comes.

Second part of that tag - :(

7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

I don't think merle was ever in the comic though. I'm...just going to go get ahold of them again right this minute so I can start knowing what I'm talking about again.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Great episode. Loved the music at the end. Definitely gonna be a killer episode next week, so to speak.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Something tells me he's not gonna survive the next two comics.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Damn this show! It leaves me wanting more after each episode. I swear there is 40 minutes of commercials and 20 minutes of show.

A couple things about last nights episode.
    1. Did anyone else catch the Tyrese cameo in Woodbury last night? He should play some role in the mid season finale.
    2. I kind of feel bad for MIlton. He's definitely getting his face ripped off.
    3. Comic/show spoiler
    It looks like the Rick/Michonne arc is being played out by Glenn/Maggie. Wouldn't it be a complete mind F if Michonne got killed off next week.
    4. Carl's pretty much a bad ass now. He stopped being that whiny kid we all hated during season

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Giving the preview for next week that AMC showed last night....
    I'm a bit worried for Michonne's fate now that she's found the Governor's daughter.

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I liked everything about the episode except Michonne not mentioning Andrea or indicating she knew who the people in the group were. We get it, lady, you're a hardcore badass who trusts no one. What a boring and frustrating character.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    michonne is the best character and i will fight (METAPHORICALLY, MODS, METAPHORICALLY) anyone who says otherwise

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    She may be cool in the comics, but she's incredibly frustrating and probably the least well rounded character in the show incarnation of things.

15. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Yeah, at first I was like "give her time, she's supposed to be like that" but now I'm tired of her constant brooding and pacing.

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Me personally I think you have to kill her off. The TV version of her can't keep up with the hype of the comic version.

17. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah, Bear McCreary has been doing an amazing job with the music for this series.

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    da chick got a katana

if u dont like it maybe you'd be better off in season 2 on a boring-*** farm

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This is the preview that makes me worry for Michonne. Click at your own risk!

20. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    She's not even that cool in the comics. She's pretty much the same character, cold, unrelenting. I never understood the love for the character as her shtick (badass chick with a sword) got old fast. She's good in a fight but that's about it. Oh and she's insane too. Like talking to the voices of your dead loved ones, insane.

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Well they certainly don't want anyone like THAT in their group...oh wait.
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Yes thank you for explaining the reference...

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    If you were referencing that I don't understand your point.

24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    he doesnt have one

25. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    That the only thing that makes her interesting is redundant.