main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    O crap sorry then. Do you mind comic spoilers about things that have already happened and how they were handled differently in the comic? Or are you planning on reading them?

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  5. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I think at this point it doesn't matter. The show has gone a complete different direction. Comic spoilers won't really matter anymore.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    For the comic spoilers we need to treat it like Game of Thrones does IMO. No book spoilers in the TV show thread. Then those of us who don't care about spoilers start a new thread. Because I'm tired of the people complaining comic spoilers.

halibut likes this.
  7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Me too. Talking Dead thread. No holds barred.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's a completely built set made specifically for the show, from what was said from The Talking Dead special that took place prior to S3.

To Vin's point about Rick:

Kirkman has said in interviews that he regretted Rick losing his hand, so yeah, I think it's a sure bet that Rick's not going to lose it

Edit: Well with Talking Dead, it doesn't often get talked about, because it mainly deals with what's already aired (nobody in the cast if they're guests are allowed to talk about any spoilers). A few of us talked about it the other night because of the awesomely creepy prank caller that aired live on the show.

9. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Yeah, the Talking Dead is designed to stay away from spoilers, it's just a televised version of what we do here, talk about what happened.

Rox and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm pretty sure there were separate threads during the 1st season. But nobody posted in the comic one and it died.

11. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    So already some casting news for Season 4: a new series regular named "Roy Stark". "He is described as "a former army medic who is deeply haunted by his past -- pre- and post-zombie apocalypse. As a result, he’s a bit of a loner, although he maintains a charming/self-deprecating/confident public face." The call is for an actor in his early 30s to mid 40s."

I think its a bit too early for Abraham. There was a old army medic in Woodbury in the comics named Bob something, but the age doesn't seem right for one of the old Woodbarians, so maybe they are bringing Abraham already. I'm guessing including "must have red hair" in the casting call would be too much of a giveaway. If we see a casting call for an underdeveloped Hispanic female redshirt to go with him, I'll take that as confirmation.

12. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Even more casting news: Chad Coleman (Tyreese), Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha) and Emily Kinney (Beth) have all been promoted to series regular, with Melissa Ponzio (Karen) as a recurring guest star.

I kinda figured Hershel would be made a series regular, not Beth. I'm not sure this bodes well for our favorite one legged shotgun wielding farmer. I take this as a good sign about Scott Gimple's statements that he wants to focus on character development though. He's mentioned wanting to do some stuff with Beth before, so I guess he has big plans.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I thought Herschel was made a regular along with Lauren Cohen this past season? :confused:

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Herscel will be around until another wizened old white male shows up, much like he replaced Dale.

15. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    No, he and and the actress that plays Carol have continually been credited as "also starring" after the main credits, even in episodes they aren't in. Pretty odd considering how much screen time he gets, but I bet it has something to do with budget or contracts.

16. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    And as we've seen, series regular status doesn't assure you of anything with this show. The promotion of Melissa Ponzio to recurring, and not Jose Pablo Cantillo means we might not be seeing much of the Governor to start, as has been guessed.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Or it could also be actor preference. Whoopi Goldberg didn't want her name up in the regular casting credits when she was playing Guinan on Star Trek: The Next Generation, prefering to be credited as a guest star.

18. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    That's only because she comes from a race of listeners, they don't like taking credit

19. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Just like how Tyrese replaces black prisoner who replaced T-Dawg. And during all this, there's only been one other Asian person alive in Georgia?

20. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think there was an evil Anti-Glen among the Governor's people. He got killed, but I forget how. He may have been one of the ones Michonne killed when Merle and lackies were tracking her, but I'm not sure. I know he got killed early on because I remember them joking about Evil Glen on the Talking Dead

21. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    I just realized the Tyreese is the first black male regular on the show, and that there are now three black main characters. That's a pretty big improvement over just having T-Dog (RIP, never forget).

And Anti-Glenn (although some call him... Tim) was killed by Michonne by being stabbed through the chest.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    There are only like 300,000 Asians in Georgia to begin with. It's actually totally within the realm of possibility that he's the only one left.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

24. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    As posted by a Daryl Dixon fb fanpage:

Mustafar_66 and Juliet316 like this.
  25. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    And "Roy Stark" was a cover name for comic character Bob Stookey, who will be played by Lawrence Gilliard Jr. from The Wire and will be a series regular.

Interesting choice. Switched the race and made him about 10-20 years younger. Wonder if he is with the group that joined Rick at the prison, or if he will be introduced in another way?