main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Someone remind me this plot in the comics. I remember the 2 girls at the prison but not the 2 boys.

2. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Ben and Billy, Allen and Donna's twins who Andrea and Dale adopted.

Ben butchered Billy at the start of the cannibal arc, and Carl murdered him to protect the group.

3. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Omg I forgot about the two girls at the prison! That could happen too.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Except all of the convicts are dead. Bummer.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I only vaguely remember the ben + billy plot now. I think I need to go back and reread because that sounds horrifically awesome.

6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    It leads to a pretty badass Carl moment, too.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Oh my God, Marilyn Mansion on Talking Dead..."Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, I liked the shout-out to the comic with Tyreese vs a ****load of zombies. :D

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Seriously, it was like watching a train wreck that you knew was coming hours in advance and not being able to do a single thing to stop it. Several times though Hardwick trolled the heck out of him and it was hilarious. My wife and I just sat there and and made fun of Manson for an hour. It was pretty fun.

Todd the Jedi me too, I had to explain the badassery that is Tyreese from the comics. I bought her all the trades that are available for Christmas. I hope she likes them.

10. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Yeah, Mansion was just awful. Hardwick trolling him was funny though, and he had a couple of semi-lucid actually interesting thoughts.

So two big Tyreese comic moments last night: the fight with Rick and his pure-badass hammertime skills keeping him alive while surrounded.

Man, Glenn getting sick was not something I was expecting, but I think he will survive. Sasha has a 50/50 chance, while Dr. S (seriously, why doesn't everyone just call him Caleb like Hershel does?) is totally screwed. Hershel might be on the way out as well, considering his awesome speech and the fact that no good deed seems to go unpunished by the writers. Still, Hershel was awesome this episode and I'm really going to miss him if he leaves. Lizzie I thought might be faking being ill to kill all the infected survivors, but the ending revelation kinda threw that theory out the window. Carol is by far the most interesting character on the show right now, and if Tyreese ever finds out, I seriously have no idea who I would root for.

I'm not sure where they are going with Bob at the moment. He is still top candidate to me for being the rat-feeder.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Heh Marilyn Manson heh.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The Manson apperance was getting slammed on Twitter last night.

13. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Marilyn Mansion made watching the Talking Dead awkward. I felt like he was trying to sell himself to the public, every time the camera would pan out for the other guests he acted uninterested in them.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Given that it's been almost a decade since his last major hit, I can't say I'm surprised to hear this (Have not seen the Talking Dead ep yet, but then again, I'm also not a Manson fan, so that might have something to do with it)

15. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Why are we spelling it Mansion? Are we that uneducated in american history?

Ender Sai likes this.
  16. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I copied and pasted from the original post!:p Here is the proper spelling if it makes you happy.
    Marilyn Manson

17. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    I thought that spelling looked odd. I just used how it was in the first post as well.

18. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    i liked the part where Rick beat the hell out of Tyreese. Because Tyreese wasn't behaving rationally, you know?

Not necessary

anyway, i found the beat-down very satisfying. that is all

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Oh snap son
    Carol see ya!
    Good for you Rick.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Gotta agree. My daughter was outraged.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    So huh, Bob's got as bad a drinking problem here as in the comic.

And lol, Chris Jericho knows whats up. 'Course, after last week almost anything's a step up.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He probably got pointers from CM Punk (Who's a huge Walking Dead fan and has been on Talking Dead before) on how not to make a total fool of yourself before he showed up.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Night and day difference from Manson to Jericho this week. Jericho is the kind of guest they need to shoot for every week.

The_Forgotten_Jedi and Juliet316 like this.
  25. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    i guess amc thinks that carol at the end of the day is still a woman, so they made her cry.

lol