main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That was a kickass episode

2. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    Fixed.

3. Denco

Denco Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2013
    I hate mid-season finales ... I almost stopped breathing during this episode :D

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anyone think a Walking Dead movie would work?

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  6. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "Zombie movies are great, but I want to explore a long form story in that world, lets make a zombie comic book"
    "Lets turn that comic book into a tv show!"
    "Lets turn that TV show into a movie!"
    "Yeah! Wait..."

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

8. Denco

Denco Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2013
    I am for no too.

9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The show barely works.

10. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah, sure... [face_laugh]

Survivors spend entire episodes pissing and moaning while so-called zombies do nothing

Find a prison or country house in Macon/Georgia doing nothing.

Whine-bitch-blah..

Call each other names.

Piss moan/piss moan.

White people don't take baths.

Scary.. white people smelling bad,, they all have cabs

Snore....

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    kirkdawg need to step his game up

12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    You forgot the video game part.

13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The video game is actually well regarded.

14. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Well the one based on the comic. The one based on the show wasn't that great.

15. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Yeah what he said.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, I might be one of the few people who wasn't that keen on this episode. It's not that I outright oppose the deaths of the Governor or Herschel. However, the vast majority of this season has been spent developing those two characters, almost to the exclusion of any other characters. Which means:

1) It was obvious to me they were both going to die.

2) They now have not developed any other people much this season and killed off the two most interesting characters.

I always expected the Governor in particular to die, but I thought it was handled in a sloppy manner. Just the whole execution of it was weird. The little girl being brought in bitten played as this weird afterthought in the midst of chaos rather than a real, impactful moment. And I think they could have gotten more mileage out of having him around a bit longer. It just made it kind of feel like they put these (what I thought were really great) episodes of focusing on that character just to throw him away right away.

I don't know. It wasn't awful but it felt incredibly rushed. It seemed like they were slowly building to some interesting conflicts. Then all those conflicts took place in about 30 minutes and were then over.

As someone who hasn't read the comic, I wasn't sure about the empty baby carriage. I thought it meant it was possible that Judith was just taken out of there by someone else. I think it's still possible that's the case. Maybe she dies in the comic but who knows if they are sticking with that even if that was the case. However if they intended it to be clear that she was dead, that definitely wasn't.

17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    I've seen a few quotes from Kirkman not being clear on Judith's fate, which to me means she's probably still alive. That, plus she didn't show up in the Memoriam on Talking Dead.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't think people who just watch the show like me would assume she was dead. As a show fan, I just assumed she would wind up being alive next year. That's pretty much how they've set it up.

So if they wanted us to actually think she was dead, they didn't do a very good job with that sequence.

19. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    I think the confusion comes from that no one would expect them to show her death were she to die, so if she is dead people would expect them to just allude to it like they did.

Really my only doubt about her right now is who's she's with or if she made it on the bus. My guess is Tyrese since I doubt the kids would have just left her there and they saved him.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean, here's the thing. If you can't show the evidence that a baby has died in a zombie show, then you can't have a baby dying in a zombie show. You can't have it both ways -- wanting to be shocking by having a baby die but not wanting to offend by actually making it clear the baby was going to die. It didn't have to be gruesome. You could have shown Walkers closing in towards the baby's carseat and cut away. Then when Carl and Rick find the empty, bloody carseat, it's clear what happened.

That's what I would have done if I wanted it to be clear. If I wanted it to be possible but not clear, I'd have done this. Now the one way they could make it absolutely clear would be for Carl and Rick to join up with one of their group members in the second half of the season and have that person say that they saw Judith being killed but couldn't stop it. Then the audience would know. Until then, the assumption has to be that she's alive.

I think Tyreese is an option. I also think it's possible Carol was actually still somewhat around and heard the ruckus, swooped in and was able to save her and that this will be a huge point of reconciliation eventually (probably about the time she also reveals that Lizzie is the one who killed those people because she's a freaking psycho). I wouldn't say my money's on that scenario, but I think it's possible. I think it would stretch credibility a bit, but that's not beyond this show's world.

21. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Also consider Michonne. She didn't kill the governor but walked away and was AFK for the rest of the ep. Following the weird scene a few episodes prior of her holding the baby, that could have been her priority.

22. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Of course they wanted to leave the audience wondering about Judith's death, they have to maintain the suspense and give the audience something to come back for in February. She might have been picked by one of the other kids and is in the bus with them, or Michonne took her with her.

I agree with solojones, If they wanted to show her death, there could have made it clear. So as far as I'm concerned, Judith's still alive, but we'll find out.

23. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    The governor's death came across a little bit flat to me. I think we needed to see more implied rape on his part to really show what kind of monster he is. Especially toward michonne.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I agree that his death was kind of unsatisfying. That's one of the things I meant when I said that it just didn't feel like they executed all the key moments in the episode that well. They got the idea across - Governor is crazed and wants to get revenge/protect his new surogate family, Governor is deep down crazy and hateful, Governor causes havoc, Governor loses last hope when the girl is brought to him dead, Governor gets killed... yes, those things existed in the episode. But it felt so rushed suddenly after a couple weeks of slower build up. And I just felt like with the direction in the chaos of everything that some moments that should have been much more monumental were glazed over. They didn't stick the landing.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    9 PM Walking Dead is back!!!!!!
    10 PM ::Yawn: Walking Dead is back.