main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    yes he said its just him and his daughter now...

also remind me never to let solojones administer medical attention to me or my loved ones "aw, ****... there's a lot of blood... musta hit an artery - somebody shoot him"

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Attempting to stop the bleeding and wait maybe half an hour until someone actually gets medical supplies back to you becomes an even dicier problem when the victim might turn into a walker at any second. Not only does that put others in danger, it also would be much more scarring for Carl to see that, IMHO.

Not to mention they're in a filthy prison and she was cut open with a filthy knife that had been chopping into walker heads recently. I kind of feel like her odds of having the bleeding stopped, getting sewn up, and not going septic were... well, zero. And that's an awful way to die (and then become a walker).

Sorry, I'm a pragmatist.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Herschel managed to not get infected. This is a magical world where bacterial infections exist to give the token black character his only (that I remember) subplot. :p

4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, and I said at the time, no way would Herschel actually be able to survive that in those conditions. I suppose they cauterized his wound. But that's also the end of a limb where you can do that. Kind of hard to cauterize... a uterus.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    oh no haha

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably wind up killing all of you in a zombie apocalypse.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    You don't get it do you? WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD??!?!?!??!

-Rachel

MrZAP and Rogue_Ten like this.
  8. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Okay, when doing a C-section while there is a concern about nicking an artery while opening the abdominal cavity to gain access to the uterus, it's actually once you cut into the uterus that things become dicey. In doing so you can also be cutting into the placenta (which is nothing but vascular tissue) depending on where it is sitting. Even if you do not do this, there is always a chance that the placenta does not fully detached from the uterus (normally this is controlled by the administration of oxytocin and cord traction (pulling on the umbilical cord) or manual removal during a C-section) then that tissue which is full of blood vessels will act like a drain for the rest of the body. There are ways in which the body reduces the chances of this, but an untrained C-section would mean the uterine walls would not be as effective in contracting to help shed the placenta, and the body might not have been at that stage (which they hinted at when Maggie said she couldn't tell if Lori had dilated, something which would be rather obvious if you have some basic knowledge of anatomy) causing further problems.

This is the stage at which a large percentage of deaths during child birth occur, and in a woman who would have been barely nutritious and likely partially anaemic then the chances of bleeding out would be high. If they moved her, she'd have been dead before they could get out of the maze, and even if they had managed to get Herschel quickly to Lori, I doubt he'd have been able to effectively remove the placenta and prevent any haemorrhaging of the uterine walls even before we take all the rest into account.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Dingo spare us your real life medical mumbo jumbo. [face_talk_hand]

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    There are a lot of Monday morning zombie survivalists in this thread.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I was gonna say, they didn't even try to remove the placenta. So it's probably part off and just bleeding everywhere. Actually, they don't really say where the blood came from to begin with, but I presume that it could have been a placental abruption that caused that (and helped force the c-section) in the first place. That was sort of what I presumed while watching.

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    If this were a Resident Evil series, the placenta would have sprouted legs and teeth and attacked Maggie. Placental zombies are a seriously underutilized resource in the genre.

MrZAP, Darth-Lando and The2ndQuest like this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    That scene with the Governor and his daughter was creepy

EDIT: Thanks Talking Dead, I didn't actually need to eat for the next several hours after hearing such a detailed dissection of what had been happening in the Boiler room in this episode. [face_sick]

14. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    does this show have any good characters yet?

15. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Screw Glenn & Maggie, just give that baby to Daryl.

MASTERPRENN and Armenian_Jedi like this.
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's official: Andrea is attracted to bad boys like a moth to a flame.

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This season has been lights out. Another killer (haha) episode. So glad to see the daughter and the arena. Man the rest of the season is gonna be intense.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Lol @ laurie's grave. I almost blew chunks everywhere. This episode overall was one of the better ones, but I feel it's because they crammed a lot of the comics in it.

19. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The whole thing with Lori's body had me confused. Not so much because they made it confusing what happened to her, but because I couldn't believe they'd actually go there.

20. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I honestly thought Rick was gonna take Lori's remains out of that zombie's belly to give them a proper burial. wtf

21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    So did I. I'm also surprised they just let Michonne go like that. Maybe it's because Andrea was there watching. I was also expecting one of the people in the arena (who wasn't Merle) to accidentally get bitten.

Overall a pretty good episode, though I liked the Woodbury segments more than the prison segments. I think it's just because both Michone and the Governor are both really good characters, and I like seeing the events there unfold. The quest to find baby food wasn't as enthralling.

22. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I fell asleep last night due to some cold meds...dangit...so overall, I can't remember the outcome.
    Can anybody break it down as to what was going on in the boiler room? And that fat zombie ate the remains of Lori's body?
    I didn't catch that....

Anything important?

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The phone rang and Rick picked it up and said "Hello?".

24. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Andrea is stupid and I hope she dies.

Darthkat76 and Darth-Lando like this.
  25. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

- zombie gladiator fights in the town
    - michonne leaves the town, andrea stays
    - zomb somehow eats an entire human body including the bones (how is that physically possible), rick decides it's optimal to just stab the **** out of it instead of carve the remains out, he hears a phone ring and a voice
    - they make a grave for carol even though no one saw carol die (really, why is no one going after her or looking for HER remains?)
    - nobody has cleaned the baby yet

MrZAP likes this.