Amph Kirkman's Walking Dead on AMC.

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Show Spoiler
    Daryl is their best character next to Rick, they can't off him right now.
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    SLG but that is the spirit of the show, no one is safe. Well except for Rick.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    And Carl.

Show Spoiler
    If the show kills off Darryl to make room for Tyresse, there'll be a lot of fans unhappy about that, me included. True, he was a character created for the show and not originated from the comics (much like T-Dog, RIP), but his arc and growth as a character has been the one most fascinating whereas many of the others seem to be regressing in growth (Rick, Andrea to name a couple)

Plus if Darryl dies before we get a Merle/Darryl confrontation, I'm going to be SOOO ticked off.
  4. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    If I have any complaint about this season, it's that some of the new characters are so obviously comic book characters. Knife-armed Merle, katana-wielding Michonne, and the animated zombie fish tank-watching Governor are too inherently ridiculous to be anything else. Everything prior to this season, the comic book origins were more or less invisible, but not anymore.
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Comic potential spoiler type stuff in my comment.
    Show Spoiler
    The poor kids been shot in the face. Plus you need to read this months comic then ;)
    Last edited by Rox, Nov 21, 2012
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I realize the first part of that. Much like Lori and the baby, I'm really wondering if AMC is going to let Kirkman go with that plot point when the time comes.

Second part of that tag - :(
  7. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7

I don't think merle was ever in the comic though. I'm...just going to go get ahold of them again right this minute so I can start knowing what I'm talking about again.
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Great episode. Loved the music at the end. Definitely gonna be a killer episode next week, so to speak.
    Boba_Fett_2001 and Darth-Lando like this.
  9. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Show Spoiler
    Something tells me he's not gonna survive the next two comics.
  10. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Damn this show! It leaves me wanting more after each episode. I swear there is 40 minutes of commercials and 20 minutes of show.

A couple things about last nights episode.
    1. Did anyone else catch the Tyrese cameo in Woodbury last night? He should play some role in the mid season finale.
    2. I kind of feel bad for MIlton. He's definitely getting his face ripped off.
    3. Comic/show spoiler
    Show Spoiler
    It looks like the Rick/Michonne arc is being played out by Glenn/Maggie. Wouldn't it be a complete mind F if Michonne got killed off next week.

4. Carl's pretty much a bad ass now. He stopped being that whiny kid we all hated during season
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Giving the preview for next week that AMC showed last night....
    Show Spoiler
    I'm a bit worried for Michonne's fate now that she's found the Governor's daughter.
  12. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I liked everything about the episode except Michonne not mentioning Andrea or indicating she knew who the people in the group were. We get it, lady, you're a hardcore badass who trusts no one. What a boring and frustrating character.
    Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    michonne is the best character and i will fight (METAPHORICALLY, MODS, METAPHORICALLY) anyone who says otherwise
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Nov 26, 2012
    Juliet316 likes this.
  14. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    She may be cool in the comics, but she's incredibly frustrating and probably the least well rounded character in the show incarnation of things.
  15. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, at first I was like "give her time, she's supposed to be like that" but now I'm tired of her constant brooding and pacing.
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Me personally I think you have to kill her off. The TV version of her can't keep up with the hype of the comic version.
  17. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, Bear McCreary has been doing an amazing job with the music for this series.
  18. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    da chick got a katana

if u dont like it maybe you'd be better off in season 2 on a boring-*** farm
    Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    This is the preview that makes me worry for Michonne. Click at your own risk!

Show Spoiler
  20. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    She's not even that cool in the comics. She's pretty much the same character, cold, unrelenting. I never understood the love for the character as her shtick (badass chick with a sword) got old fast. She's good in a fight but that's about it. Oh and she's insane too. Like talking to the voices of your dead loved ones, insane.
  21. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Well they certainly don't want anyone like THAT in their group...oh wait.
    [IMG]
    Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes thank you for explaining the reference...
  23. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    If you were referencing that I don't understand your point.
  24. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
  25. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    That the only thing that makes her interesting is redundant.