main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    are you suggesting rick is a katana-wielding ultra-capable enigma-woman?

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Rick has at least expressed emotions other than GRR ANGRY FACE.

solojones likes this.
  3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i wasnt aware we were comparing rick to ur mom HEYYOOOOoooOOOOOO

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  4. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks Darth-Lando for reminding me how badass Andrew Lincoln's acting as Rick as been this season thus far.

6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm kind of hoping none of Team Rick bite the bullet next week. To the point where I might accept Glenn, Maggie, or (out of left field) Andrea. And we hardly know two of the characters he brought with him. But I think that's the reason I don't want to see them offed yet.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I might cheer if they take out Andrea.

Obi-Zahn Kenobi and MASTERPRENN like this.
  8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I can see them taking out Oscar or maybe Daryl next week, but not anyone else.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Oscar will die, to make way for Three-Dog, AKA Tyreese.

MASTERPRENN and Darth Guy like this.
  10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Ok mid-season finale tonight. My guess for deaths tonight are the baby(Judith), Glenn and Oscar(can't upset the rule of only 1 black guy per story arc).

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I have no idea where they're going with Andrea.I'm not a huge fan of her in the comics, but I think I don't like her here. Depending on how she reacts to the Governor's true nature (I think it's a given that she will find out), I don't know how I really think about her character.

I don't think Judith will bite it, unless they want to make it a trend to kill off a kid every mid-season finale. Merle and Daryl, OTOH, seem to be heading toward a bro vs. bro showdown, with only one coming away alive. Or, one of them will switch sides and then die. IDK.

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I highly doubt that they're going to waste Glenn's magnificent death in the comic for a quick death now. He's still got a part to play in the story.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    They can easily do that same thing with a different guy. The Daryl or new Tyrese perhaps?

14. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Yup. All deaths in the comic are now up for grabs. Remember that Dale didn't die yet in the comics by this point.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Especially Tyreese. If they're just introducing him now, I highly doubt he'll die the way he did in the comics.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  16. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Think Andrea might take his place dying like that? It would show that the Guvna is really really twisted.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm, possibly. It depends on who Andrea eventually sides with. If she returns to Rick et al I can see her taking Tyreese's role from the comics, infiltrating Woodbury, being captured and used as a potential bargaining chip. It would certainly have a very different meaning for the Governor, and make him even worse of a baddie. If it does come down to that, I am positive that the Governor wouldn't hesitate to do that to Andrea.

A lot depends on what happens tonight, really. It could be Andrea, it could be Daryl, could even be Glenn (though I think that last one's unlikely).

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    So it's official....
    There can never be more than one black guy in the group.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    OMG what an episode. ^^ Yeah, Boba, seems so. :p Still, what a great entrance for Tyreese. I couldn't help but picture him as Coach from L4D2. I loved seeing Shane. Show's that he's still haunting Rick's conscience.

And that last scene just blew away all my expectations. Though, considering what happens to him in the comic, I think the Governor got off easy here.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  20. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    I remember a broom?

3-Dog! Ow Ow!

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    According to one of the show's offical Twitter accounts
    the next ep is titled "The Suicide King

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    So the black guy rule is cannon now.

Overall I was kind of disappointed about the episode. After how high octane the whole first half of the season went this episode felt slowed down. I was hoping for much more to happen. I'm glad Glenn and Maggie didn't die and Carl continues his transformation into a bad ass. I was also really hoping for some kind of closure to Daryl and Meryl but of course with the cliff hanger we don't get it. I wish they would take a page from Son's of Anarchy and do longer finales.

23. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    instead of david morrissey the govenor would have been 10 times as menacing had he been portrayed by Morrissey

24. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Not to mention ten times more annoying.

25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i wonder if this actor ever has that problem where, like, his last name reminds the filmmakers that Morrissey exists and they're like "yeah, sorry bro but we think Morrissey is more what we're looking for in this part and we're gonna try and get him...."