Amph Kirkman's Walking Dead on AMC.

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    also, this episode reminded me of what would likely be my weapon of choice in the zombie apocalypse - a spade. something to be said for smackin em in the face and snickin' the head off after. world war z's case for this was very convincing
  2. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    But at least we can have
    Show Spoiler
    two black gals.
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Juliet316 likes this.
  4. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Can they also please stop showing commercials for Comic Book Men? I loathe even having to see Kevin Smith on fastforward. kthx

I liked this episode. Is it bad that I was totally rooting for the Governor to kill the crap out of Michonne? I thought he would probably survive but I was a little worried there that he's bite it (lol) so soon. And now of course they have to leave us on a cliffhanger involving danger to the best character. At least they recognize Daryl is everyone's fav and know how to freak us out... I'm pretty sure the gang will rescue both him and Merle, but where we go from there is anyone's guess. Once Andrea finds out about The Governor capturing Maggie and Glenn, I think she's going to kill him.

But hopefully he'll kill Michonne first.
  5. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    You would want michonne dead.
  6. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Why's that? Because of my well-known hatred of boring people?
  7. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    \
    Why the Kevin Smith hate.
  8. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I feel like Michonne's character lost something when they gave her "interrogation" to Maggie in the TV show. Her comic book counterpart actually has a reason to straight up hate the Governor, but I'm trying to wrap my head around why Michonne went after the Gov. in the TV show. She has a personal vendetta against him all based on a hunch. She wasn't trying to rescue Andrea. She didn't know about the heads or his zombie daughter. The only reason she went after him is because that's what she did in the comics. Pretty sloppy writing if you ask me.
  9. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    It came off like she was mad the Gov stole her platonic lesbian lover.
    Juliet316 and MASTERPRENN like this.
  10. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    agreed. Don't leave home without the lobo.
  11. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    dont get so down on yourself [:D]
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Dec 4, 2012
    Ender_Sai likes this.
  12. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I don't follow Michonne's reasoning for going after the Governor either. But she wouldn't be the first poorly written woman on this show whose reasoning is suspect.

Also super creeped out by Axel's conduct around Beth. I am doubtful I will be sympathetic when he inevitably dies ('cause let's face it, the character is little more than useless zombie chow right now).
    Darth Guy likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    episode synopsis said a "new threat" arose at the prison last episode. they could have meant tyreese and co but im betting on axel. he's the show portmanteau of the comic axel and that one other guy from the comic. real heads know who im talkin about
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Dec 4, 2012
  14. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I was really hoping they would avoid that story.
  15. Juliet316 Shelf of Shame "Loser"

Game Winner
    star 7
    Given the sneak peek Talking Dead gave the other night, I'm kind of betting on Axel too. And I'm betting on either Tyresse stopping him and formally joining Rick's group or Axel joining up with the Governor. Either way, I'm betting at least Tyresse will be with Rick's group by season's end.
  16. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    I don't have an issue with Michonne's reasoning. Her introduction was to show that she's one of the few who still has some realistic morals and whatnot despite the situation. She's the only one who put together that the Gov. is murdering innocent people. Tiny dictator murdering innocent people = enough reason. I'm more concerned with them not portraying the Gov. to be as evil as he actually is.
    Dingo likes this.
  17. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Well, he also sent Merle and co. to kill her.
  18. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    True that. If somebody had brainwashed my best friend/lesiban lover into ditching me, and then sent his cronies to kill me, I'd be pissed.
  19. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Really? Why would you want to see something one-note and oversimplified instead of the awesomely interesting scenario we're getting? Because someone manipulative is much more frightening. I can understand why Andrea, given what she's been limited to knowing, has stayed in Woodbury. Same for all the other people there. It's precisely because they don't see a tyrannical dictator that it feels believable. And it makes the Governor much scarier.
    MrZAP likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Whoa, I seem to have missed it the other night, but those other people with Tyreese are Allen, Donna and Ben.
    Last edited by Todd the Jedi, Dec 4, 2012
  21. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I think this is what probably sealed the deal.
  22. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Meh, even if they are comic characters, I view everyone who showed up with Tyreese as future zombie fodder. Might as well give them red Starfleet uniforms.
    Rox likes this.
  23. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't quite pick it but something about Lauren Cohan (Maggie) has been really annoying me the last couple of episodes and it has nothing to do with how she is portraying the character...

Besides that I absolutely loved the mid season finale! These 8 episodes have gone by so quickly.
  24. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    One of the most un-erotic topless scenes ever?

( :()
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Dec 4, 2012
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  25. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    This.

What?