Amph Kirkman's Walking Dead on AMC.

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Yeah this was my favorite episode in a while. Probably mostly because Andrea wasn't in it.
  2. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
  3. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Just watched the entire series right up to last nights episode. I thought season 2 was excellent which seems to go against the grain from what I've heard, and I think this season is gradually getting worse. Rick's telephone thing was boring. And it seems to have taken a big quality dip since the mid-season break.
  4. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    This was a great episode. As good as the main story arc was, my favorite bits were "Erin" and the backpack guy.
  5. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  6. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    All those walkers look the same.
    PRENNTACULAR and Boba_Fett_2001 like this.
  7. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Yeah, them going back to pick up the backpack was awesome....in a morbid way.
    Last edited by Boba_Fett_2001, Mar 4, 2013
  8. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    i loled

and then sat there and went "huh"
    Last edited by PRENNTACULAR, Mar 4, 2013
  9. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    I was heartbroken at backpack guy's situation. He'd managed to stay alive for well over a year by then and who knows how much of that time he spent alone, perhaps yearning for human companionship. Then one fateful day he sees the car in which Rick & co are traveling and he's suddenly filled with hope, throws caution to the wind and runs after them hollering all along. This of course attracted the walkers and they ended up outnumbering him and eating him alive. Imagine to be that guy and experience such extreme hope and disappointment all within a matter of minutes. That was so sad. :p
    Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  10. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
  11. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    I realize why they didn't pick up the backpacker, but damn that didn't seem right given how much the group owes to the kindness of strangers.
  12. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    HAIIII GUIIIZZ. HEYYYY. HEYYYYYY. HEYYYYY GUIZZZZ. HAIIIII.
  13. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that's the point, and it's a lesson he is beginning to learn. It's been a theme of the season. Chasing away Tyrese and his group may come with a price to pay.
    Last edited by Captain Tom Coughlin, Mar 4, 2013
  14. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    How long until we get a filler episode (or really good fanfic) that shows the back story of backpack guy, where we discover he had something vitally important (information maybe) that would have saved Rick and Company from some awful forthcoming tragedy??
    Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  15. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    He had the note for the CURE!!!111!!!11!1!!!1!!!

and terrible singing promptly ensues
  16. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    I think there is a chance we could see them do a Webisode series around backpack guy. They also made sure that we got to see an undead "Erin" from the sign on the road. We may see AMC do one of their webisodes on them during the break after the season.
  17. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    To back up that point: They did a whole webisode series on the very first Walker Rick killed in S1 prior to her being turned into a Walker. So yeah, I'd say there's a fairly good chance of it.
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  18. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    We've had more than enough fillers this season
  19. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I wouldn't call this one a filler episode. It brought about several pieces of information that is valuable to the main story. One, Rick found out that he can't bring Michonne into the fold back at the jail. Two, they gained the guns and ammo needed for protection. Three, I think the minor bit of bonding with Michonne at the end will help Rick come through this being a tad crazy thing. So I think this episode served far more than a filler episode.
  20. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    Why can't he bring Michonne into the fold?
  21. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    All those are B or C plots. Nothing that needs a standalone episode.
  22. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    If this weeks episode is considered a "filler" episode (I don't consider it so) then I hope we get LOTS more as it was easily the best episode this season.
    RC-1991 and Terr_Mys like this.
  23. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Apologies for the double post, I just missed the edit window.

Kirkman, Hurd Discuss "Walking Dead" Season 4 Surprises, Threats
    Show Spoiler
    'Hurd implied that someone from within Rick's camp is going to turn on him. "You never know who is going to, you know, who is going to be the one who's had enough. Like, Shane saw Rick as a threat to their survival. He's not the only one who's going to have those feelings."'

WHOSE IT GONNA BE???
  24. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I feel like this season has been up and down, but trending on the upswing the last 2-3 episodes. I really fear that switching show runners every season is going to affect the quality eventually. I really wish Darabont had never left.
  25. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Hopefully they're not going to do the obvious and have it be Merle, but I don't put it past any show to do the obvious.

Oh hey, Dashy.