main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I vote it will be one of Rick's seven personalities.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm hoping its Andrea, she sucks.

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Did anyone else see the Paley Fest panel from the Walking Dead? I missed the last 20 minutes because I got called away at work last night but it was cool from what I watched. I liked the behind the scenes stuff they showed before the panel started.

4. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    Andrea must die.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    io9's 6 Things From the Walking Dead Comic That We Need to See on TV (minor comics spoilers obviously)

#3 is the big one for me. The Prison on TV, as it stands now, is really not worth fighting for. It's not secure, it's still half-full of walkers, and the characters do not seem like they have settled in at all. The entire Prison storyline has been moving too fast IMO. But that's likely a result to fan feedback from Season 2 which I felt was paced just fine.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I definitely want #5 to happen. According to an EW interview with Kirkman the other day, there's a good possibility it may.

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I agree, #5 is what I would want too. Why would they even bother introducing him if it was just gonna be a crappy cameo. I'm sure the throw down with the Governor will involve him somehow.

Rick will never lose his hand. Kirkman even said that was a mistake.

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The Prison storyline could easily have been stretched out over two seasons. Though this season has been leaps and bounds better than Season 2, it would've benefitted more from following the comic closer. Can anyone say that Michonne and Andrea finding Woodbury is better than the way it played out in the comics? Whilst I understand we won't see Rick losing his hand (Kirkman has expressed his regret about doing that in the comics) and it's probably too late to see Michonne being held at the Governors pleasure (if you'll pardon the phrase), we could still see a similar situation with a different character. Andrea maybe, whilst also taking on the fate of Tyreese in the comics? Also, as a prediction I think Beth will get Lori's fate from the comic.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah WTF Beth and the baby need to get eaten and like ASAP. That baby has no business staying alive.

10. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Oh that baby will die. No-one wants a baby in a zombie apocalypse show. I would be sad to see Beth go though. I could do without the campfire singing, but she's kinda cute. Plus Carl totally wants to hit that and Carl is a BAMF now.

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Can we keep comic book spoilers in spoiler tags please.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    There's a problem when Andrea is more of a villain than the Governor is.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't think she's a villain I think she's just drinking the Woodbury kool aide. I mean I hate her too because she's stupid and wasn't able too see what's going on like Michonne but I think she will come around.

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I don't blame Andrea for initially wanting to stick around in Woodbury. I mean, she wasn't aware of anything that the audience was and Michonne was acting like a crazy person. However, as soon as Michonne left and we got the zombie arena, Maggie and Glenn's capture and rescue and the fallout from that, she should have high-tailed it out of there ASAP.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I totally agree.

16. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    And she's still better than Lori.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Lol Lori was just a whiny, bitchy zombie burger. Couldn't stand her either.

18. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    While they are both inconsistent, mean, and selfish, Lori didn't have the self-righteousness and delusions of grandeur that Andrea has.

Andrea is by far the worse of the two IMO.

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, but Andrea doesn't have a kid to worry about. Lori was just a straight-up terrible mother.

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Where's Carl? Every freaking episode, I wanted to punch her in the face. I'd have my kid on lockdown in a zombie apocalypse.

21. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    I blame Carl's behavior more on Rick than on Lori. A boy (especially a willful and disrespectful one like Carl) needs his father and Rick isn't there for him.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes, because being in a coma at the start of the Zombie Apocalypse is no excuse whatsoever.

23. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    I'm obviously talking about the time after the coma.

24. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Rick's no saint, but he's dealing with a lot more than Lori has at any point in the show by being the groups leader. Rick was certainly willing to give Carl more responsibility during season two, but then he's got Lori constantly criticising him and trying to keep Carl as some sweet innocent kid during the zombie apocalypse like a complete moron.

25. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    That was a nice episode.

Rick out-talking the Governor was good, and I especially enjoyed Andrea finally getting put in her place.

I did think the ending was stupid though, since there is no way that Rick would be considering giving over Michonne.