main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I mean it's obviously gonna be somewhat different. Heck they could already be living there when the new season starts tonight. From the tv commercial I saw during the marathon today it looks like new people have moved in with them.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just got done with the second season. Holy ****. So much has gone down.

3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Do you find it slow at the farm. I was watching it weekly and it was just plodding along and along and along. I almost gave up. Almost. Is it easier to watch all at once?

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I think it is. Season 2 was very much like how I like to read the comics. A trade at a time.

5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I didn't mind the slow build-up. As a matter of fact, I loved it. Gave us more time with the characters. Constant zombie killing does not a good show make.

spicer, Juliet316 and MrZAP like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Anyone watch it? I missed it, so I'm watching the encore now, AKA avoiding this thread for an hour.

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I kind of did. My son was awake so anytime he came in the room I turned the channel. He's in bed now so I am going to watch it again now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    It was a good season premier. #IT's rain Zombies

9. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I thought it was a strong season premiere.
    What killed Patrick? Can't wait to see where they are going with that.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Swine flu can be spread from pigs to humans. It's super rare but it can happen. The pig out in the yard died too, maybe that ties it together.

Carl is like a gross ass man now. His voice is getting deeper and he's way tall now

11. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Rox, I don't think so

It's bigger than that. There was the walker at the fence that had the same bloody eye symptom as Patrick. It's more than just what's at the prison. I agree the pig died of the same thing, but it's larger than that. I wonder if it's a mutation of the zombie virus

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Good episode, extra gory though.

I think it was what Rox said. Not a mutation.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Again:

14. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    That explanation doesn't account for the zombie, that zombie would have been infected with whatever killed Patrick on it's own some point in the past, and away from the prison. They showed us that zombie for that reason IMO

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Well isn't Virgil a vet so why didn't they ask him about the pig dying?

16. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    They probably will at some point, unless all hell breaks loose first

17. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I dunno focusing on specific zombies has happened before. The guy probably just had a bad case of cataracts.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What's the rule with comic book spoilers in this thread?

19. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I think that was a good setup episode for the rest of the season and set up some good plotlines for the characters. It was kind of cool seeing someone from another country who got trapped in the US when the ZA went down. Wish they could have explored Clara more.

I really liked Tyreese's scenes. I like how they are characterizing him as a reluctant warrior. Also [face_laugh] at him missing a couple of point blank shots while fighting in the Big Spot. He is an even worse shot than he was in the comics.

Carol continues to be one of my favorite characters, and I love the influence of Sophia's fate when she is teaching the kids to use knives. Bit confused by Carl's reaction though, but I'm sure the next episode will explore that. Also I think Carol and Daryl might be together (finally), but it was hard to tell. Speaking of Daryl, he has fans! In the show! I'm not very surprised. Seriously, if this obvious badass shows up, brings you to a safe place, and leads the charge in getting you food, I'm sure a good number of people are going to start looking up to him.

Also creepy girl naming zombies at the fence was creepy (AMC website says her name is Lizzie Samuels, and has a sister named Mika and a dad named Ryan who were also in the episode). I bet she becomes a killer.

A bit sad to see Zach go that quickly, as he seemed like he might have had potential, but it showed some good development for Beth. I wonder what will happen to get her to cry again. I also liked Bob, he seems like he will be a complicated character. I like that him making a good choice in not taking the alcohol was what led to Zach's death.

And wow, I was not expecting Patrick to die like that at the end. I thought he was just nervous around knives and lied about being ill as an excuse to leave "storytime", but nope.

20. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I bet those were Walking Dead Comics Michone handed Carl!
    By the way dont drink the water at the Jail.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Goddammit still need to watch it.

22. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    They made it clear that that zombie had the same symptom as the kid. And that zombie would not have come into contact with the prison's water, food, or population. He would have been infected and died at some point in the past, out in the world on it's own. It's a significant clue IMO

23. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Yes and I disagree with you, end of discussion. Different opinions.

24. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Haha, sure it is. End of discussion, yet you chose to respond. I'm not forcing you to engage in a conversation with me.

if I choose to reinforce a point I made, I will. If I choose to continue to post my thoughts, I will.

25. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001