1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Amph Kirkman's Walking Dead on AMC.

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    Adagio in D Minor from the Sunshine soundtrack, yay.
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm sure the CDC will just be a stop gap for the plot continuation. A stop on the road to the next safe haven. I don't think it will amount to much other than serving as an oh no stuff is bad here too we better leave kind of thing.
  3. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Why is the season only 6 episodes long? This show is kick ass, so why so short?
  4. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    because amc was taking a huge risk with this show and if didn't preform well, they didn't have to stick with it long.
  5. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    The thing that sucks about this CDC thing is that no longer are we looking at A group of people in a post apocalyptic zombie world, but now we will be looking at THE group of people in a post apocalyptic zombie world.
  6. Espaldapalabras Force Ghost

star 5
    What??? Grrr where is this zombie virus so I can unleash it upon them for doing this to me???? WHY????????????

If I don't get the second season soon I'm going to start have a hankerin for some brains.
  7. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I can see the logic in that with how gory it is, as its a big leap from AMC usually does.

I assume that season 2 has been approved with the ratings this show has gotten? Anyone know if it ll be longer then 6 episodes?
  8. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    This is the next Rubicon...cancelled after a short season.
    I mean they lost me as soon as I heard the subject matter,
    my general feeling is that AMC raised the bar and struck lightning with both Mad Men and Breaking Bad.
    Now they've had two duds.

Hopefully they come out with something of higher quality next time around.
  9. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    It'll be 13 episodes like a normal AMC season.
  10. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    wtf are you talking about, seldon? it had the largest premier of any show on amc, and was renewed for a second 13 episode season.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/amc-renews-walking-dead-for-season-2/
  11. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    PEOPLE JUST CAN'T TAKE WHOLESOME, QUALITY ZOMBIES ON THEIR TV.
  12. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah! It's not going to fail just because you don't like it, solipsism-man!
  13. Espaldapalabras Force Ghost

star 5
    Nah, he just wishes Two and a Half Men would replace the pile of putrid that is the Walking Dead. Maybe they could retool that show to be about two guys and the upper torso of a zombie. I think I'm a comedy genius.
  14. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
  15. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    A weekend at bernie's TV show would be awesome.
  16. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    My mistake. Personally, I don't really care for the subject matter. In the limited amount that I had seen this show--I didn't think it matched the level of mad men or breaking bad.
  17. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5

Replying to your statement in bold, I don't think you gave the show a chance. It's pretty amazing. I don't really think you can compare it to Mad Men or Breaking Bad, it's based on a comic series.
  18. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I don't think it's nearly as good as Mad Men or Breaking Bad, but I consider those shows to be downright amazing, so... yeah, not fair to criticize it simply because it isn't that good.
  19. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  20. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
  21. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Not really, writers getting let go in between seasons happens all the time. The show has a ton of buzz. If anything this will give Darabont even more control as it seems like this was a power move more than anything.
  22. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Well, obviously it's not because the show's doing poorly or anything. And it is unusual for the entire staff to change.
  23. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    The thing is, the writing was not really the shows strong point...

Well anyway hopefully they'll be able to flesh the characters out a bit more. The love triangle better not dominate, because it's pretty **** because that Sandra Bullock wannabe from Prison Break sucks.

The red neck has potential. I like Glenn and the old man too.
  24. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Word is there will not be a new writing staff. Each episode will be farmed out to a freelance writer, much like how Doctor Who is done.
  25. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I have to imagine that freelance writers make it difficult to plot a coherent season long storyline. I don't see the advantage over having a staff of writers.