main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I liked this episode better than the first. This was the more modulated action split with character development that I love about Walking Dead.

I have a hard time accepting that the Terminus guys, with their highly efficient slaughterhouse, didn't have a protocol that included checking for bites. Maybe they were so hungry that they forgot about zombies...but does anyone ever forget about zombies in this world? I dunno. Is there the possibility that he wasn't bitten? That he's just trying to hide his post traumatic stress disorder from his girlfriend? but in any case TAINTED MEATTTT! has the potential to end the hunter threat very quickly.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder how long the The Huner storyline will go on for in the show?

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Normally I'd say that since Gareth's a series regular, that means that whatever Gareth eats doesn't have the active infection yet (since, they are, you know ALL infected, per canon), but since this is TWD, one never knows.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Never read the comics but I know how the Hunter storyline plays out, wonder if the show will stay close but with Rick taking Andrea's place and obviously Bob taking Dale's place

5. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I have enough problems with Game of Thrones sorting between the books and the show. I'm glad I don't know anything about the Walking Dead comic series, but unfortunately I always can tell what's about to happen from how the comic book readers react, to the extent the comic book readers know. It's good for all of us that the show takes its own twists and turns.

6. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I already find this onscreen version of Father Gabriel more compelling than his comic counterpart. Much better introduction than him just randomly showing up in the comic, plus he has got a bit more depth already thanks to his reaction upon seeing the church lady.

I love how they managed to give all the characters (except Rosita) some sort of moment this episode. All the little conversations between characters throughout the episode made it seem just like the comic.

Also, called it for Martin being alive. Wonder if Tyreese actually thought he killed him?

7. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    It was quite obvious to me that Tyreese was lying, otherwise, why did he try to stop Carol from looking?

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe there is a reason that Martin is still alive

Maybe he is the one that unleashes the beast in Tyreese

Have him kill Sasha and Tyreese will explode and kill him

9. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Do we actually know if eating meat from someone bit but not dead would cause the people doing the eating to turn? I didn't think the bite caused the change, more that it causes severe septic shock with a 100% mortality rate.

10. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    we know that everyone is infected, and we know that bites are 100% fatal absent rapid amputation of bitten extremities. We don't know why bite wounds are fatal. Zombie venom?

I assume Bob is doomed though, that he wasn't bitten on his amputated leg, and even if he was the toxin or sepsis or whatever it is spread through his body before it was amputated. Although it would be deliciously ironic if amputating Bob's leg saved his life. The group needs another one-legged wise man.

darth_gersh likes this.
  11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

Oh I fully expect Bob is toast(ed). I just don't think that the Termites are going to feel the effects of eating tainted meat before Rick et al come and brutalise them.

12. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    God, yes. Kill, kill, kill. Anything...anywhere. Please... Not another 22 episodes of,"Am I pregnant?,"
    and other assorted crap while sitting on a Georgian country home veranda.

It's a goddamned zombie show.

Kill something...KILL ANYTHING!!!

They're dead already... WHO CARES. KILL THEM SOME MORE.

What is this ****, the undead discussion between linear and quadratic equations?

Sheesh...

13. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    You're a few seasons behind. The showrunners won't make that mistake again. Most episodes are going to be like s5/e2: one substantive zombie melee, a few isolated kills, a lingering human threat with the balance devoted to Rick Grimes fighting back tears.

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Michonne to Rick: I miss Andrea...

Me to TV: You're the only one.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    You guys remember back in S4 when Glenn and Daryle find Bob and Bob mentions that he a part of 2 groups previously

What if those 2 groups happened to be Gareth and the Termites and the group that took over Terminus

16. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    The two groups Bob was with were completely wiped out. He was the only survivor in both. Plus I'm pretty sure Bob would have said something if he had lived at Terminus before.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

David Morrissey's Governor was a series regular for the first half of the season last year (even though he only showed up in the last four eps) I'm thinkin the same fate awaits Gareth. The real question is, how long will they have the hunters vs. church arc go on for, will they be on the road to washington by ep 8 (the half-season break) or earlier than that? I'm assuming this all wraps up by episode 6 and two eps of "on the road" stuff and then the break when they hit Washington. But considering how fast they blasted Terminus away in a single ep, the cannibals may be all wrapped up by episode 4!

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    They're not going to Washington. Evar.

19. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd be really surprised if they didn't. The general grand arc of the series has actually stuck close to the comics. Details change for the specifics of the adaptation in each episode and certain characters end up in different places or replaced but overall the show has hit the big arc structure of the comics: Wandering, farm, prison / Woodbury, wandering, church with cannibals at the gate. Just depends if they can make shooting in Atlanta look like D.C.

21. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm just guessing based on what ImJustGuessingsuxAss told me.

edit: Whoops. I think I'll leave that in there.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Yes they will.......eventually

23. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    ... :)

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  24. CloneUncleOwen

Jul 30, 2009

And a belated thank-you for you well-told observations.

Lead on, Sir... lead on.

Cheers.

25. CloneUncleOwen

Jul 30, 2009

Tonight! Tonighrt!