main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Did the producers have trouble paying the electricity bill? Could barely see a thing in that episode.

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well considering that it was night time in that episode and there really isn't much electricity in a zombie apocalypse.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Guys... can we please keep comic spoilers and discussion of upcoming characters from the comics in spoiler tags? Pretty please? :(

That's kind of every episode of this show. At least half of it takes place at night. It helps with the makeup budget but is a bitch on the grip and electric crew.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I know that. Just seemed to be quite extreme this week

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I think it mostly had to do with not brutally killing the Terminus guys in full brightly lit Technicolor(R) glory.

7. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009

[face_laugh]

Well told, Sir. Well told.

8. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Well this one has been boring so far.

9. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Another unlikely pocket of civilization populated by people who are all bat**** crazy. Woodbury 2.

10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    haha this was bad c'mon walking dead if you want me to like you, it's really easy just don't do episodes like this or the Governer episodes last season

11. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Woodbury and Terminus made a certain amount of sense. But not this hospital. Terrible episode, but Carol will set things right. There's nothing wrong with the hospital that a few well placed bottle rockets can't fix.

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    So boring. So unrealistic. So unexplained.

13. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    It was an okay episode IMO. The police officers were all generic and boring. But Dr. Edwards is a pretty good character and I liked the twist with him at the end. This episode was a lot of set up. I'm betting that Noah is the one in the bushes with Daryl, and he will lead the group back to the hospital to rescue Beth and Carol.

14. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I liked it. I understand when you have to wait a week to see a new episode it can be frustrating to watch slower, character based episodes.

But... I'm glad to see characters like Beth & Carol evolve. Both were weak characters when they started. Carol cowering to her abusive husband. Beth attempting suicide. Now they understand the way the game is played. Like characters from a certain HBO show.;)

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I enjoyed it. I did watch it right after the previous one, which I enjoyed as well. But after the intensity, I liked the slow.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Good episode, quite enjoyed

Carol will kick some ass

17. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Though some are saying it's the worst episode of the season so far, considering how awesome this season has been already, that's really not saying much at all. Decent episode imo. Don't really mind a slower episode after the past few.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    How many headshots did Beth have in the dark then in the yard? Come on. :rolleyes:

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Episodes 5 and 6 have new titles

Self Help
    Consumed

20. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I like slow episodes that have sound character development and drive a good storyline. But the lastest episode isn't terrible because it's slow, it's terrible because the community Beth is abducted into just doesn't make any sense. And also Beth is a dull character, played by a boring actress.

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Out of everything else that might have been "wrong" with the episode, this stuck out the most to me. I don't recall Beth ever having any training with guns.

22. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Yeah pretty much this. I even loved the Governor's episodes. The slow talking ones are usually the better ones to me because it's more like the comic...this just felt like the community wasn't very well thought out and characters' intentions seemed more forced than realistic.

solojones likes this.
  23. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Maybe I need to rewatch it (I watched it after a very long day), but I don't really see how the hospital community was poorly conceived. What about this community makes it so improbable? Is it that despite the bottom floors of the hospital being overrun with walkers, the people continue to survive in the floors above and are somehow able to maintain access to their cars in the parking lot?

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Daryl is a great teacher.

25. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    No, it's just that the idea of bringing severely wounded people in, healing them and then coopting them as slave labor - it seems really resource intensive and unnecessary. Unwounded people would be clamoring at this point to be work/sex slaves of these people. And at the same time they're collecting people to treat, they're also maintaining a scavenging operation (and a very tiny garden) to feed everyone. None of it seems workable or sustainable. At this late stage of the epidemic, the community would now either be fully populated and not have the supplies to care for new patients or they would have run out of new people to bring in. Terminus at least had a very systematic strategy for funneling a food supply toward their fortified community.

We know that scavenging is no longer a sustainable survival model if you're in a fixed location. We know that from Glenn and his comment about only hidden things being left to scavenge.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.