main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    That's for scavenging in small towns and rural locations. They are in Atlanta. I seriously doubt every bit of Atlanta has been picked over in 17 months. Plus I bet this group has a pretty high casualty rate for its "patients" when they try to escape.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I figured they didn't invite uninjured/healthy people because of the potential threat they may have posed to Dawn's rule.

3. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    You know this is a show based around zombies... right? Because that's realistic.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    It's not hard to shoot someone in the head when they're 5 feet away & walking a mile an hour.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Should I expect unicorns and flying manatees in the next episode then? What logic is this.

6. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    Because that's a valid comparison.:rolleyes: This show has had dead on accurate & unrealistic shooting from Shane, on down to little Mika, from day one. They've all survived the unsurvivable at one point or another... you knew what this show was.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't want to get over technical because this show is unrealistic, but shooting a bow is not equal to being able to shoot a hand gun. They are two totally different weapons. My complaint is that the writers went for a "cool looking" shot of each zombie getting shot in the head in the dark without putting any thought into the person holding the gun. As far as we know, Beth had one "episode" of practice with Daryl with a bow. The show will always be unrealistic, but it should still do it's best to be believable or the audience will lose all faith in the characters. If the writers are claiming to be writing a character driven show that just happens to have zombies in it, then they need to put a little more thought in it.

8. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    We've seen Beth using a gun for several seasons now and getting headshots from even further distances. She started training with them back on Hershel's farm under Shane's supervision. This is nothing new for her.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This show is so frustrating. Every time they start having decent episodes and I think "Maybe this show isn't terrible..." they go and decide to air garbage episodes like this.

10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I don't expect every episode to be a gem, but it stinks when the show gets mired in a crappy multiple episode subplot.

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Think I'll wait until next week and watch yesterday's before the next one

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not a bad idea, it seems to be a two episode arc.

Edit: Although not according to the short description/teaser on IMDB.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, if Kirkman decides to put Rick's 'It was aliens' dream in the show....

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Shane trained her? Don't remember

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    IIRC, there was a deleted scene were Rick and Shane were showing everybody on the Farm how to shoot in S2.

16. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Not sure why everyone is saying last night's episode wasn't that great - I thought it was interesting & intense. Maybe I'm biased because I like Beth; it was nice to see a character we haven't seen for many episodes finally make her way back into the series. The mystery of the car that drove away with her towards the end of last season has been solved.

I also like how this episode shows another element to the humanity that's left in the world; it makes perfect sense for a group of people to lock themselves up in a hospital, and for the ones in power to subjugate those weaker then themselves. As we'e seen throughout the series, the real enemy in this world isn't the zombies, but the surviving humans. At least Rick & co. know what to expect from the zombies; it's the other survivors that will really scr#@ you over...

To add to this, it's worth noting that I seem to like TWD more than many people I talk to; I've liked the series since the beginning, and I also like the comic. Though some may have thought S3 was weak in parts, I thought it was well-done. I'm not sure which season I like best at this point.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Can't wait to see Rick destroy the hospital people.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Darth Vader you misspelled Carol. ;)

19. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Watch as Carol reenacts the police station scene from the original Terminator

darthdrago and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Rick is Carol now :p

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I found this episode very watchable, I kind of like seeing how various little communities spring up in the Walking Dead world because the book is really about that, what people and/or groups of people are doing to survive. Also it's fun to see how different types of survival groups pop up and how they do what they do. I hadn't seen or even thought of "oh, just live up higher where the zombies can't get you!" community so that was interesting. Even though it wasn't really a community, it was barely half a dozen people making hostages. Some decent twists popped up in the show and I actually do like Beth as a character and an actress just because I find her kind of sweet and endearing, which is why you take a character like that and put her through some horrible situations and see how she handles it. How she handled it, in the end, was going to apparently stab someone to death in a freakin' hallway so I thought that was some interesting development for her character.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Opening scene: I have a big metal rod or a tiny needle to attack whatever is coming through the door. I choose...

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, didn't think they'd reveal Euguene's secret this early. Probably means they'll meet back up with Rick and the others soon.​

24. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Decent episode, but next week's Caryl Daryl duo episode looks even better.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  25. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Huh, that happened faster than I thought it would.

I bet that the group will regroup fully at the mid-season break, and instead of continuing to D.C., they will go to Richmond instead. Noah mentioned that his community there had walls, and I bet he joins the group, tells them about it, and they go there.