main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    In the comics, Tyreese is executed by the Governor with Michonne's sword the way Herschel was in the show.
    I agree that the execution in this episode was pretty terrible. I'm pretty much hate-watching the show at this point.

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'm glad Tyreese is gone. Far too soft for a zombie apocalypse and his pacifism, even when it came to killing walkers, was pathetic.

Looking forward to a natural threat next episode with the pack of dogs/wolves.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Why is Judith always wearing well-fitting, clean baby clothes? Is that what Tyreese was carrying in his backpack, an entire wardrobe of girl baby clothes?

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  5. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The one thing we know for certain about the baby is that she's immortal. She cannot be killed by zombies or childhood disease or infection or dysentery.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe she is the cure to Zombie Apocalypse and the others don't know it.

Rosslcopter likes this.
  7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I prefer Judith's fate in the comics better.

Darth-Lando and Rosslcopter like this.
  8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'm still hoping for a zombaby.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I really didn't like the surreal format of the last episode. I hope they don't do it again.

Tyrese's death really didn't shock me or upset, probably because the guy was living on borrowed time anyway. I mean, dude should have died a season or two ago considering the amount of times he was surrounded by Walkers.

Anyway, anyone know why he was so fascinated by the pictures of the twins?

11. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

I think that was the part that bothered me the most about the... execution of the episode. Was he so focused on the picture of the dude's twin brothers for a reason? Was he just zoning out thinking about how f'ed up the situation is/has been? The other dude (don't even remember the new kids name) even told them he had "a couple of twin brothers". Just don't understand how the zombokid snunk up on him like that; seemed completely contrived.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Every once in awhile, living in the Zombie Apocalypse is gonna cause pretty much anyone to zone out for abit into a "WTF is happening" haze. Probably happens alot, actually.

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Distance:

let's go to this guy's camp, let's go to this guy's camp, let's go to this guy's camp, let's go, let's go, let's go, wait...did you ask him the 3 questions? why aren't there any people in these pictures? oh crap, there are zombies in this show! do the wipers work? I guess not. Forest zombies (best part of the episode). Random safe building. Battery problems. The Gate and children laughing. The end.

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    So why did the RV stop when the battery died? It still uses a gas powered engine. That part kinda bugged me.

Rosslcopter likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    How does the three questions determine if someone is trustworthy?

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Terrific episode.

Loved the callback to Season 2 with the RV

17. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Disregarding anything that happens in the comic, that rv scene makes me think they're going to kill Glenn soon. Remind you how long he's been with the group, make him more likable. It's the pattern I feel they've followed with everyone else they've killed

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It doesn't; I'm poking fun at the episode.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh, I know you're making light of the episode. I was just wondering if anyone knew how the three questions helped determine if someone was trust worthy.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Probably won't happen till S7 at the earliest.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Naw, Glenn is not the moral compass. If that you're that guy, you'll probably die soon.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    S7 is my prediction

I'm sure S6 will focus on the plotlines in Alexandria and then in S7, they'll introduce Negan

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Great episode last night. Perfect casting for Aaron and Eric. I'm looking forward to seeing what characters will be at Alexandria.

I'm sure some characters are going to get cut simply because the cast is already pretty big.

So far we have Aaron, Eric, Nicholas, and Pete confirmed, and according to the TWD wiki Olivia and Mikey will also be appearing, plus a new girl named Enid. Alexandra Breckenridge was announced as "Samantha" forever ago, but I'm guessing she is actually Jessie since they already name-dropped Pete. Preview also had Deanna being mentioned as the leader, so I'm guessing Douglas Monroe got gender-flipped for the show, which is a pretty big change. Wonder if that means a Regina counterpart and Spencer got cut out, which makes sense because Spencer is a huge waste of space and his plotline was completely tied up with Andrea, but not having someone to take Regina's place completely alters the storyline with Pete.

So that leaves Heath, Holly, Denise, Tobin, and Bruce as the only important minor/major Alexandrians who have not been confirmed / potentially suggested to have been cut. I'll be disappointed if Heath and Holly don't make it onto the show, and we are already past the point where Heath was introduced. They are two of my favorite characters from the town.

24. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    how many walking dads are still around on this show?

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I liked the intensity in this episode how it sort of flip-flopped between is that guy telling the truth / our Our Heroes a bunch of goddamn brutal monsters who will kill him anyway. Last week they even got in Rick's famous "We are the Walking Dead" line from the comic but I thought it was executed (pun intended) better here. I'm excited to see into Alexandria because, as the show does follow the grand arc of the comics, it's going to actually become a somewhat different show from now on. No more long walking episodes! Well, probably. Which is probably why they did a whole one last week, gonna be the last one for a longggg while.

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.