main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Yes, that.

2. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    So .. do the bones of zombie 'rot' after they turn .. because spines seem to not get in the way .. almost ever.

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

I think he beeped the horn to make sure there were no walkers in the area. It's why he was looking around after pressing the horn and looked satisfied when none showed up.

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Each piece of what they writers set up doesn't have to lead to some giant climactic point for that character. Carol's acts in hiding in Alexandria actually play out in two major parts of this string of episodes. The first is in how it lets us see the changes in her from all the way back in the first episodes of the show. The way she handles Pete in this episode, how she interacts with Sam, and just the simple way in which she wears the "good housewife" act like it was a blanket covered in zombie gore to not be noticed all are worthwhile pay-offs in and of their own.

But really, she is the devil (or at least angel with a tarnished halo) sitting on Rick's shoulder that eggs him towards the conflict. That's the larger part she plays, and plays well. We've gotten to see since her time as one of the people running the prison community through to now how she has come to realise she isn't really the person to lead a group, but she makes a great second who has no compunctions about doing what needs to be done for the good of this family around her, even when it costs her.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yes, IMHO what's really interesting about Rick & Carol re: Alexandria is how they reacted towards the P.O.S. Pete:

In the "real world" (i.e., the one we all live in), an abusive spouse like this, depending on the circumstances, may be able to get away with this for a long time, if not forever. Pete's wife & son were protecting him to a certain extent (except for the Son telling Carol he was afraid of his father). Again, in the "real world", Pete would probably have been an "important" & possibly wealthy person (maybe a doctor, like he was in Alexandria), and if he had been accused of anything, could have hired a wealthy lawyer to have gotten him off - we see this type of thing all of the time in the news.

And, before Rick's group came to Alexandria, Pete was obviously unchallenged by anyone - his position as a doctor in the community kept Deanna & the others from hassling him. Though, even if he had been in a less "important" position, I'm guessing this may have played out the same way. I.e., it's obvious Deanna didn't want to make waves within the community - since she wanted everything to be as "normal" as possible.

However, when Rick's group came everything changed. It seems at least some of RIck's attitude had to do with his obvious desire for Pete's cute wife - however, even if this hadn't been the case I have a feeling both Carol & Rick would still have challenged/threatened Pete. They are used to regular conflict due to having been on the outside & having to fight for their lives (against both the dead & the living) for so long - so they're not going to shy away from an injustice.

That all being said, if Pete had not taken out Deanna's husband, I do believe she would have kicked Rick & his group out of the community due to the way they acted towards Pete - that is, if Rick's group had let themselves be kicked out ;)

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999

Right, I can see that.What really matters to me though is that wears the "good housewife" act like it was a blanket covered in zombie gore wins my JCC Trope of the Week award. I don't hand these out lightly.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So she's Dick Cheney?

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    double post

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    No Beth? Or only zombie kills?

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    err, only black people.

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Dude, I didn't make it. :p

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I was replying to Leona.

14. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Where's the woman who killed herself at the CDC?

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope Andrew Lincoln wins an Emmy for his performance as Rick for this season or at least get an nomination, he deserves it.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Nom maybe, but Bob Odenkirk should win, with Matthew Rhys a close second. From the shows I watch, anyway.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Throwing some tin Walking Dead's way in the big categories would be nice. Although the awards people from hollywood seemingly dislike genre (nominations have happened but they're rare. Wins are rarer-er too)

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Can you tell me how many shows that aren't in a genre have won awards over the last ten years? Or tell me which shows aren't in a genre?

Can someone quote me and @ bigal, I'm on ignore, supposedly.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Which is ridiculous

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    so is this gonna be the thread for "Fear The Walking Dead" in the summer too? Don't really see why not, they'll air at separate times, probably, can't see 'em overlapping.

I move for a thread title change! (This is outrageous! There is no proof!)

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Fear the Walking Dead might finish it's 1st season right before Season 6 begins so possibly a new thread?

22. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    We really should probably have a new thread for every episode.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Or every scene?

24. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That would probably be best for avoiding spoilers but still being able to discuss the show.

Diggy likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    we could have two; those that have read the comics and those that haven't.