main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Kirtland AFB airshow this weekend

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Commander_Clem, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Hey all:

Kirtland is having an airshow this Saturday. The Thunderbirds will be there as well.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    We're trying to make it out there for this. I haven't seen the Thunderbirds since something like '89.

You can take me away from being an Air Force Brat, but you can't take the Air Force Brat outta me!

3. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Yea, I'm going to avoid the crowd and watch them from my roof....they should be sweet. I've never seen the T-Birds, only the Blue Angels.

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    We went out to Kirtland Saturday. It's been quite a few years since I've been to an airshow, but it was awesome being able to share the experience with Julie and my boys; none of them have ever been to one before and were pretty awestruck by it. It was hot for a while, but luckily some clouds moved in to cool things down a bit. I thought I saw propgeek there, but not sure...

I love watching the Thunderbirds. Those guys got skills.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~brotherhalo/img/tbirds.jpg]
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~brotherhalo/img/tbirds2.jpg]
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~brotherhalo/img/tbirds3.jpg]

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Those are awesome pics...although what's the black dot in the jet stream on the 3rd pic? Looks like someone ejected - either their lunch or themselves!!! [face_worried]

*edit*

whew - it's a bird.

6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    LOL!

Yeah, a bird was in the frame when I took that pic. Didn't realize it until I went back later to look at those pics.

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPERPIGEON!

8. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    cool pics! we saw them on friday practicing, it was neat. and the did fly over the house, so that was cool. the best airshow is the one in chino, ca with all the old WWII planes....SO cool!!

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Gah! I'd love to see that, Ali. The last airshow I was at (prior to this weekend's) had a couple of old P51s and a couple of Japanese Zeroes as well as one P38 flying around. They were beautiful to watch.

10. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    oh that's cool! you know there's also a Planes of Fame in Arizona as well, besides Chino..go to planesoffame.org Awesome stuff! My favorite vintage aircraft is the Spitfire

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    OH MAN! The Spitfire rocks my socks. I used to have a model kit I put together of that plane. It was my pride and joy still parts started breaking off.

Granted, I was 13 when I put it together. I gotta get me a new one.

12. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    yeah, go to hobby lobby when they have a 40% off coupon in the paper/online or when they have the model kits half off or something!
    i also like the corsair...you know it's just something about the vintage planes i like better than the fighter jets of now....

13. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    If you ever get a chance to check out the Chino or Phoenix air shows you should. The PLanes of Fame are incredible!!